John Legend

SONNY

The Future of Omega!!!!
Is anyone else out there FEELING this young artist.

I've been to 2 of his concerts here in St. Louis, and he has REPRESENTED both times. I believe his album is droping in December some time.

Some of his tightest songs are:
Selffish (remix)
She Dont have to know :tup:
Get Lifted
So High
Do what I Gotta Do

John Legend is the TRUTH folx.
www.johnlegend.com

SU's Finest '93 said:
Never heard of him.

He has the song Ordinary People out now.

He co-wrote and performed
"You dont know my name" - with Alicia Keys
Performed:
Selfish - Slum Village
Encore - Jay-Z (what the H#ll are you waiting for??)
Countless songs with - Kanye West
Twalib Kwali
Common.

He virturally unknown, but he is about to blow up.

Had I not been out of town I was going to go see him last Friday....did you go to that one Bandfan?

I keep hearing about the cat so I was going to take a chance on it.

Blaque: Yeah, I saw him at BlueBerry Hill. He did the "All Falls Down" remix, "Selffish" remix, Ordinary people, She dont have to know, etc, etc.

He signed a copy of his CD for me and my date. Im mad tha the was bootlegging his own CD before It drops. :lol: GET PAID dawg. The Record company will probally only give 12 cent for every CD sold anyway. He was mad humble too. Even when I cursed the "L" out of this chick in line, we was like "You know you was wrong for......but she deserved it" and we both laughed. :lol:

John Legend put on a show. Im get you a copy of the CD he was selling at the spot.

I saw him perform a little on Smokey Robinson's BET Hall of Fame Celebration.

I might have to check him out.

Yeah, this cat is gonna make some serious noise. I'm really feeling his song,"Used to Love You".

Hey BF,

I finally saw/heard this cat on last night....I was watching the VH1 Soul channel, and his video came on. The one w/Kanye West and some choir singing, in the background.

I'd never heard that song before last night.

SU's Finest: He is the real deal. I've seen him in concert twice this year in St. Louis.

YOu can go to his website to hear some of his songs. Please listen to the song called "She Dont Have To Know". Its a story about cheating and I dont know you can make a song about cheating sound good, but JLeg pulled it off.

BandFan said:
SU's Finest: He is the real deal. I've seen him in concert twice this year in St. Louis.

YOu can go to his website to hear some of his songs. Please listen to the song called "She Dont Have To Know". Its a story about cheating and I dont know you can make a song about cheating sound good, but JLeg pulled it off.

What's the website? www.johnlegend.com?

Nevermind, I see that's it. :D

John Legend is the next Stevie Wonder. He singing about stuff we can relate to. He makes very good music. If you have Kaaza or Ares I suggest you download some of live recordings. I like the tracks She Don't Have to Know, Lifted, Sun Comes Up, and Live It Up

I'm just aiting on the album to drop. That used to love you is my cut right now.

Umm he is good, but CrunkFlex.....Stevie Wonder, come on man!

I've never heard of him...I hate living in 'small town' where there's no access to 'new and original music'.

I'll be on the lookout for him.

I've heard the cat, and from what I've heard so far, his CD might not be bad. "I Used To Love You", was my song at the end of the summer.

NICE

Justin said:
Wasn't he with the group Christion?

Naw, He used to do backup songs for Alicia Keys, Lauryn Hill, Twalib Kweli, JayZ, Slum Village, Common and other folx.

I wouldnt call JL the next Stevie yet. Its still some cats out there that are the Truth like my man DONNIE (out of the ATL)

BandFan said:
I wouldnt call JL the next Stevie yet. Its still some cats out there that are the Truth like my man DONNIE (out of the ATL)

Donnie is on point, I cant wait for him to drop a new cd.

I like:
Welcome to the Colored Section
Beautiful Me
Cloud
Do You Know

John Legends CD will be out Dec 28

Incipience: Man Donnie's CD was the Truth!!!!

Im mad he didnt blow up like I thought he was. My Favorite cuts are Cloud 9, Big Black Buck, Rocketship & Welcome to the Colored Section (extend version), & Benita

John Legend...

John Legend anyone??
I hear the CD is 7.99 at Circuit City and Best Buy...
I may have to pick it up today.

Re: John Legend...

Yeah the boy is BAD!!! Awesome sound!!!!
He has an Ole School Sound that's really Kool.
I will be gettin this CD :tup:

Good luck in finding the CD. My sister-in-law searched high and low for the CD and found it in a Borders bookstore. He was sold out damn near everywhere.

kellis said:
Good luck in finding the CD. My sister-in-law searched high and low for the CD and found it in a Borders bookstore. He was sold out damn near everywhere.
I went to Best Buy and I couldn't find it either. I got it at Target for $9.99. I didn't want to drive all over Houston to save $2.00.

I got it!!!

It cost me $9.99 at BestBuy.
JL is bring TRUE R&B back!!!!!!

"la lalalalalaalal, I used to LOVE you, lalalalalala"

Back