Jim Hill coach joins Bell's staff at JSU

Status
Not open for further replies.

PV-PRIDE

Jim Hill coach joins Bell's staff at JSU

Daryl Jones returns to alma mater, will lead Tigers' quarterbacks

Jackson State coach James Bell didn't have to look very far to fill the vacancy on his coaching staff.

Bell has hired Jim Hill High School coach Daryl Jones, who will serve as quarterbacks coach at Jackson State.

"I just felt like it was time," said Jones, 38, a running back/kick returner at JSU from 1985-88.

Jones fills the vacancy left by the departure of defensive coordinator Greg Johnson, who left JSU at the conclusion of the season to become the head coach at Langston.

Bell now has a full staff, a good indicator that he will also handle the defensive coordinator duties during the 2004 season.

Here is the link for the article:

http://www.clarionledger.com/news/0403/08/tjsu02.html

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by j-state_tiger06
Take a guess.:rolleyes:
You know everything else about JSU football, you should know this.

I feel like doing a Mighty Hornet to this..
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

This is the sports board. I asked who was JSu's QB coach last year? What is so difficult about that. Oh, I forgot NSM don't know anything about football.

Originally posted by bornthrilla
This is the sports board. I asked who was JSu's QB coach last year? What is so difficult about that. Oh, I forgot NSM don't know anything about football.

But you know everything about JSU football. You slippin man!!!

He's James Bell, Beyotch!

Bell was the QB coach BT. Remember, I was questioning why he was trying to teach mechanics to Kent when he didn't know isht about the position and he'd been coaching defense forever.

I wish this was on the smack board. Could someone move it for me please? ;)

I got some other news that only deserves to be said on the smack board under this same type thread. :lol:

Re: He's James Bell, Beyotch!

Originally posted by Mike
Bell was the QB coach BT. Remember, I was questioning why he was trying to teach mechanics to Kent when he didn't know isht about the position and he'd been coaching defense forever.

I wish this was on the smack board. Could someone move it for me please? ;)

I got some other news that only deserves to be said on the smack board under this same type thread. :lol:

Mike, I know you ain't laughing....:rolleyes:

We have been trying to get this guy on our staff for a long time....This might be the beginning of the end for the rest of the SWAC. :D

co-sign.....somebody needs to move this....this is about to be off the chain..:lmao:

Be a man Mike and post it so we can make a fool out of you like we always do....

Re: Re: He's James Bell, Beyotch!

Originally posted by str8brave
co-sign.....somebody needs to move this....this is about to be off the chain..:lmao:

uuuh, I hope that they teach in Alcorn that it is possible to lead sometime and not follow. Let me see two team that are a combined 3-13 against us since 1994 try to smack their daddy. AAMU and Alcorn against JSU....This should be fun!!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
all they need now is one of them security guards from Provine to run out in front of Bell at the games and JSU will have a full high school staff.

Originally posted by DAHILL
all they need now is one of them security guards from Provine to run out in front of Bell at the games and JSU will have a full high school staff.

Good one DaHill. You shole got a good one off that time.....

Let me do a Mighty Hornet...

Uuuh nevermind...:rolleyes:

Re: Re: Re: He's James Bell, Beyotch!

Originally posted by Tigerpride
uuuh, I hope that they teach in Alcorn that it is possible to lead sometime and not follow. Let me see two team that are a combined 3-13 against us since 1994 try to smack their daddy. AAMU and Alcorn against JSU....This should be fun!!!

That's AT ALCORN....and that isht was funny whether I led with it or not.

Before long, your JSU football team will transfer to 5A high school football. That should be fun..:D

Re: Re: Re: Re: He's James Bell, Beyotch!

Before long, your JSU football will transfer to 5A high school division. That should be fun..

Ok....Mr. 0-11. Provine would have whooped ya'll a few times.

Re: Re: Re: Re: He's James Bell, Beyotch!

Before long, your JSU football team will transfer to 5A high school football. That should be fun..:D

LOL at the Grammar smack.....

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: He's James Bell, Beyotch!

Ok....Mr. 0-11. Provine would have whooped ya'll a few times.

Ok..Mr. 2-10. Lanier High School has another coach you all can use.:D

We have been trying to get this guy on our staff for a long time....This might be the beginning of the end for the rest of the SWAC. :D

Man, why you on here lying? I know that Bell wasn't trying to hire this guy. Because if he waited until after signing day to get him he is "stupider" than I thought previously.

My reason for saying this is that we were trying to get a few kids from Jim Hill, but didn't have the time to get over there and the ones that were talked to said that Bell had people helping him recruit that weren't really staff, but more like fans. If he waited to hire this dude after signing day and only walked away with what, one player from there that wasn't top billing. He is a bonified idiot.

This isn't smack. This is just plain common sense.

Tell those lies to someone that doesn't know better. Warning! Next year we are gonna be all over your area recruiting.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: He's James Bell, Beyotch!

Ok..Mr. 2-10. Lanier High School has another coach you all can use.:D

Dude, remember smack rule number one....Also remember that your best coach is a JSU alum that would leave you all for us in a heartbeat!!!

RICHARD MYLES ?87
Running Backs

Richard Myles of Flora, Mississippi, enters his fourth season with the Alcorn State after spending the previous two years as the football offensive coordinator and head baseball coach at Canton High School in Canton, Mississippi.

WILLIE McGOWAN JR. ?91
Defensive Line

Willie McGowan Jr. enters his fourth season with the Braves coaching staff as the defensive line coach, after spending the previous three years as the assistant athletic director, defensive coordinator and head power lifting coach at Velma Jackson High School in Camden, Mississippi.

GARRY LEWIS ?89
Defensive Backs

Garry Lewis of New Orleans, Louisiana, enters his third season as the defensive backs coach of the Braves. Prior to returning to Alcorn State, he spent two years as a counselor with the Turner Job Corporation in Albany, Georgia.

Man, why you on here lying? I know that Bell wasn't trying to hire this guy. Because if he waited until after signing day to get him he is "stupider" than I thought previously.

My reason for saying this is that we were trying to get a few kids from Jim Hill, but didn't have the time to get over there and the ones that were talked to said that Bell had people helping him recruit that weren't really staff, but more like fans. If he waited to hire this dude after signing day and only walked away with what, one player from there that wasn't top billing. He is a bonified idiot.

This isn't smack. This is just plain common sense.

Tell those lies to someone that doesn't know better. Warning! Next year we are gonna be all over your area recruiting.

Mike nobody in MS has heard of AAMU so come on...:rolleyes: You can have our leftovers. Also if you read the articles that talked about Johnson leaving, Bell said that he would focus on filling the position AFTER recruiting. Also, the people that you are talking about that were recruiting were guys who were trying to convince Bell to take some of those Provine guys. The guys that Bell wanted, he talked to. There were several that wanted to come to JSU but didn't because Bell was not interested. Bell is not fooled by stats...he actually goes out to see them play. So come on over, you can get what's left...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: He's James Bell, Beyotch!

Dude, remember smack rule number one....Also remember that your best coach is a JSU alum that would leave you all for us in a heartbeat!!!

RICHARD MYLES ?87
Running Backs

Richard Myles of Flora, Mississippi, enters his fourth season with the Alcorn State after spending the previous two years as the football offensive coordinator and head baseball coach at Canton High School in Canton, Mississippi.

WILLIE McGOWAN JR. ?91
Defensive Line

Willie McGowan Jr. enters his fourth season with the Braves coaching staff as the defensive line coach, after spending the previous three years as the assistant athletic director, defensive coordinator and head power lifting coach at Velma Jackson High School in Camden, Mississippi.

GARRY LEWIS ?89
Defensive Backs

Garry Lewis of New Orleans, Louisiana, enters his third season as the defensive backs coach of the Braves. Prior to returning to Alcorn State, he spent two years as a counselor with the Turner Job Corporation in Albany, Georgia.

Yeah right...right after you idiots turn him down for the head coach position...right DUDE? :rolleyes: How did it take you to find that..did you search Alcorn's website for that?:emlaugh:
P.S. I don't play by the rules..:D Man, I ain't got time to smack you all the title is self smack..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back