Jay Z The Blueprint 2 The Gift & The Curse

Blueprint 2: The Gift & the Curse

The Gift...

Jigga graced us with not only one Blueprint...but TWO! :)

The Curse...

We heard most of the same stuff on the FIRST one! :smh:

This release is okay, but most of the production style that came off as innovative and fresh LAST year....just sounds like recyled stuff this time around. :look:

LYRICALLY, Jay-Z was rippin' isht....but he can't sustain it like that unless he decides to flow the whole album accapella! :lol:

Don't get me wrong....this was worth my 10.99, but Jay shoulda been on his production team with a tighter hold. This joint doesn't even come close to having the impact that the original Blueprint had.

In his total cd arsenal....I rank this one either 4th or 5th.

That's one of my favorite songs too. I like the music on it. But that remix he did with M.O.P. gets me crunk every morning when I'm driving into hell...I mean work.

NN

Originally posted by Jagtone97
I like this CD. I favor Disc 1 more than Disc 2 is jammin' too. He has collaborated with a lot of artist on this album. I like the jam with he did with Pharrell "F--k All Night". That's the shat!

1. Resonable Doubt
2. Blueprint
3. In My Lifetime Vol 1
4. Blueprint 2

That's my order. I just like the new production, with the real band(Just balze and the Blazeettes). Same with In my lifetime vol 1. He came with something nobody else was doing at the time. Gotta give him some props for innovation.

Someof my favorite lyrics....

"7 straight summers
critcs might not admit,
but nobody in rap did it,
quite like I did it......."
Track 2(name escapes me)

The say a midget standing on a giant shoulders can see much further than a giant
Well I got the whole rap world on my shoulders, and they trying to see further than I am......
Track 2(name escapes me)

Crew looks like a hundred beyonces, couple fiances.. - All Around the World

The Holy trilogy of hip hop we are
We give Dre his props,
But that's where it stops..
The Watcher 2

1. Resonable Doubt
2. Blueprint
3. In My Lifetime Vol 1
4. Blueprint 2

I agree with Reasonable Doubt being his #1 album, For those who don't know. "22 Two's", "Brooklyn's Finest", "Can I Live" have to some the best songs Jay has ever made especially "Can I Live" I could listen to that song all day on repeat and not get tired of it.

But for #2 Id put In My Lifetime Vol. 1, as #2, Just too Innovative at the Time, peep "Imaginary Player", also "Who Ya Wit"(Everybody was on this song here), "Where I'm From", and "The City is Mine".

Blueprint I didn't too much care for but it was better than those other albums he made(The Dynasty: Roc La Familia & Vol. 3). But I give Jay props on Renegade like I did previously in this thread.

Blueprint 2 I still haven't heard yet, but from what I'm hearing it's not all that tight. But, I'll have to see for myself, but I have a GOOD feeling I'm not gonna like it.

Originally posted by Suge
1. Resonable Doubt
2. Blueprint
3. In My Lifetime Vol 1
4. Blueprint 2

That's my order. I just like the new production, with the real band(Just balze and the Blazeettes). Same with In my lifetime vol 1. He came with something nobody else was doing at the time. Gotta give him some props for innovation.

That's just it, Suge.

The production was "innovative" on the FIRST Blueprint. A lot of the same stuff this time around sounds the same....just with different lyrics.

Look at it from this standpoint.

If an album is hella hot, many "fans" pretty much want a duplicated of that hotness on the next go 'roun....those "fans" got their wish! ;)

The entire first disc sounds like last year's Blueprint. Disc 2 is better because it did push the envelope...but the first impression left by disc one is a mutha! :D

:idea:

And maybe I don't understand...but I don't see how anyone can really like "In My Lifetime Vol 1.
That isht was GARBAGE!!! :mad:
Talk about disappointment...:smh:

After he dropped a classic like "Reasonable Doubt"...he turned around a dropped that mess???? :eek:

Yeah...I know many people are torn with that debate;
either peeps love it...or they can't stand it.

I'd rank Jigga's joints in this order:

1. Reasonable Doubt
2. Blueprint
3. Blueprint 2: The Gift & The Curse (after reexamining....disc 2 put it over the hump)
4. Vol 2- Hard Knock Life
5. Vol 3 - Life and Times of Shawn Carter
6. In My Lifetime Vol 1 (terrible)*
7. The Dynasty: The Family Roc La Familia 2002 (even worse)*

* a tight song/video does NOT a good album make....

I dont know maybe its me, but BP2 is half and half.
Half Great, Half MESS.

Jigga should have taken 5 songs off dis 1 and 5 off of disc 2 and just combined them to make the OWTEST Jigga album yet.
That Frank Sinatra song is the Wosrt!!!

Still LOL @ "ohhhh Behave" Ohhhhh MY GOD :rolleyes:

Not the Worst Jigga, and damn for sure not the BEST!!

Back