Jay Z The Blueprint 2 The Gift & The Curse

MACKG

a.k.a. NASTYNUPE
I bought this double CD at lunchtime today. I'm liking what I hear so far. Have you all checked it out?

NN

I don't like that ninja but I bet in a couple of weeks he will have a video out that BET or MTV will not stop playing. So I'm gauranteed (sp) to hear something.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Damn everybody hates Jigga now. I wont lie, I'm not as big a fan as I used to be after some of his "friends" exposed how fake he can be. I still think he is a tight emcee.

I think I will check the CD out this weekend.

PS-Nas wrecked him. I wonder what kind of attempt Jay will make to try to keep his street credibility.

Originally posted by Kay Bee

PS-Nas wrecked him. I wonder what kind of attempt Jay will make to try to keep his street credibility.
Nas lost it with me by hooking up with Ja Rule and Ashanti in that bonk arse song..........Damn I hate Murder Inc.

I dont know why the hell Nas signed with Murder Inc. Thats like putting poka dots with pin stripes. I just hope Irv Gotti doesn't try to change Nas's style. That would be suicide for his career.

When I found that out, I was mad as L......I never thought he'll go to them. It's almost like he is selling out. :shame:. smh@Irv Gotti wanting to be some kind of mobster........weak arse mofo.

Originally posted by Bandfreak
When I found that out, I was mad as L......I never thought he'll go to them. It's almost like he is selling out. :shame:. smh@Irv Gotti wanting to be some kind of mobster........weak arse mofo.
Man, you're not alone on that issue. He was doing well solo anyway.

This album is the shiznit!

I don't even like Jay-Z, because all his music had started to run together and sound the same. He had got caught up in that same bull about telling you how much miney he had like every other rapper.

But with Blueprint, and Blurprint2 he has stepped it up. I don't know if its just production or lyrical content, or both. But the man has dropped another classic with this joint!

Conversations w/ Big is an instant classic.......

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I LIKE JAY Z AND ALL BUT TO ME NAS HAS SUPRREME SKILLS.EVEN BIG SAID NAS WAS THE ILLEST LYRICIST. JAY IS MORE COMMERCIAL AND I CAN'T STAND DAMON DASH .MODERN DAY PUFFY .AS SUGE KNIGHT WOULD SAY "ALL IN THE VIDEO TRYING TO BE THE STAR AND CAN'T RAP ". NAS IS REAL . I WONDER WHY HE SIGNED WITH IRV GOTTI. HE BETTER LET NAS HAVE HIS WAY ON HIS ALBUMS. THIS KID TOOK ON THE WHOLE ROC BY HIMSELF.

Well, my main man is Pac but I can give credit where it is due. I dont care for Jay-Z too much --girls have said when they run up on him in the club or somewhere he is about one thing, he doesn't care about what he says and is all stuck on himself with a very nasty attitude--And he actually thinks he's the hottest ish on the block...The had a contest in NYC one day playing Ether and JZ's diss and Nas won! Nas is more real, but hey they both on the paper chase and they both will make money--hopefully..considering the move Nas made
I wonder how long will him and his new biddy last??
I guess I'll be cheap and check out Kazaa for this one b4 I drop the paper!

That CD is off the hook!!!!

I love that "All Around the World" and my favorite is "Poppin Tags" with Jay, Killer Mike, and Big Boi I love that damn song!!!:cool:

<------- Just got the new Pac double CD, A must buy, but you already know that. It seems to have been recorded during his Makaveli times.

I'll have to hear Jay's cd though before I even THINK about buying it, Jay-z just doesn't do it anymore. His best album was Reasonable Doubt, with In My Lifetime Vol. 1 and the 2nd spot. Blueprint wasn't all that to me.(I'll exclude Renegade w/ Em though, that was Fire though.) Between him and Nas, hands down Nas is the better rapper. "L" Jay mostly raps about Money, Ho's, you know the deal. Nas gives us thought provoking stuff, which I personally like to hear. I get SICK AND TIRED of hearing the same old "ISH" over and over and over again.

I'll put it like this, "Jay tells people what they WANT to hear, Nas tells people what they NEED to hear.

Dayum Nas..

I get sick of the argument being that NAS is such a deep rapper. If he were that dayum deep he wouldn't make songs like Ooochie wallly. So yall can keep that drama.

Like J says on Blueprint2

"Just because you don't understand him, don't mean that he's nice
It just means you don't understand the bullsih that he writes
"

I could give a fudge about Nas. That dude is the real fake. Jay Z wasnt the first to call him out and I'm sure he wont be the last.

I'm sure Nas doesn't give 2 fuggs if you think he's fake or not. He's still laughing all the way to the bank. Maybe this beef between him and Young Hova is a plot to make more money for both of them.

Originally posted by mrnutthova
Didn't he steal a song from Dre???/

That song happens to be my favorite on the album. He sampled Dre's beat from Chronic 2000 and Dre is featured on the song along with Truth Hurts and Rakim. It's banging! :tup:

I like this CD. I favor Disc 1 more than Disc 2 is jammin' too. He has collaborated with a lot of artist on this album. I like the jam with he did with Pharrell "F--k All Night". That's the shat!

Back