Jamie Foxx - Music Special Controversy on NBC

Warndalyn said:
yes, I heard the story, this a.m. on the radio.

Good for Jamie...you either stand for something, or you'll fall for anything. I'll be watching. :tup:

You get me so heated when you talk like that contessa. :lol:

For those of you with the DVR problems and Direct TV, I'd suggest you contact tech support. As Ms J4J noted, with my service from Cox Cable, I can record one show and watch the other. I do it all the time. With Cox, you can record two shows at the same time, but you can't watch a third channel.

This was a GREAT SHOW! I am crying and typing. :bawling: Is anybody else touched by this song Jaime is singing? "I wish you were here".

Wanda, you have to have two signals...a cord running from Satellite 1 and Satellite 2. Check it and see.

The special was AWESOME!!

^^^^^^ wow. ok.

Anyway, I enjoyed it. I am always amazed at how humble he has remained through it all. You gotta love a man who is surrounded by hype and fake people, but continues to let the world know that his grandmother was/is the most important and influential person in is life...and ain't ashamed of it.

I will admit when I FIRST listened to the CD on the first day, it didn't move me. But as with any CD, I had to take the time and listen to the LYRICS as well as the music. Good job Jamie. I'm extremely proud of him. :bowdown:

buckwheat1911 said:
Warndalyn, I have a DVR also. You can't change the channel once you start recording. You will just have to watch another t.v.

You can watch tv and record another program at the same time. I do it all the time. How is your cable provider?

Jamie is alright, something fresh in this tired time of music we are being served. But, does a damn near 40 year old man have to sing about sex in EVERY song on his album? It's quite repetitive and blase'. He doesn't have to pull a Marvin and sing about the state of the world, but damn.

I liked the special very much. I love the sexual CD. It is good and tastefully done. Now, on the next time around I want him to have a new topic or something.

"I wish you were here"...made me cry because I think of my grandmother in the same passionate way....

We have the CD and I love his voice. It is pure and different. I love his ability to change voices: Perfect Pitch!

jagface...I, too, said the exact, same thing...when I first heard his CD. I love Jamie Foxx and his work, but I was just expecting a little more variety. Overall, he did well, w/it...Now, like Kema stated, I would like to hear more, the next go-round. ;)

Jaime has a lot of talent, but the beats that go with his music sounds too plain. It reminds me of the p-popping music from high school. He needs a better producer.

LadyLuck13 said:
Jaime has a lot of talent, but the beats that go with his music sounds too plain. It reminds me of the p-popping music from high school. He needs a better producer.

That "I Know What U Want" song sounds like a p-popping sound for real though.

Back