Jamie Foxx - Music Special Controversy on NBC

NBC is not doing any marketing & publicity on Jamie's Music
> Special on NBC because he stood his ground and
> wouldn't have any white guest as they requested. To
> make it even worse he had two controversial guest
> stars, that do not fit the "NBC profile" on his
> show. Tune in to find out who they are. They are
> purposely putting his show up against the second
> week of American Idol in hopes that it will fail.
> This will give them the excuse to never give another
> black person a music special because "it doesn't
> work". Let's show them that it does work, and that
> we support each other. Tivo Idol, and watch Jamie.
> I saw the taping, it is a good show.
>
> J Foxx making history on NBC. This is the first
> time NBC has ever aired an entire young urban
> African American cast on a music special. We need
> to show support. This was not an easy sell for
> Jamie and he stood his ground to make it happen the
> way he saw fit.
> JAMIE FOXX MUSIC SPECIAL WILL BROADCAST
> WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 25TH @ 8:00PM PST on NBC. PLEASE
> MAKE IT A POINT WATCH! There will be surprise
> special guests.

http://www.nbc.com/Movies_Specials_More/Jamie_Foxx

yes, I heard the story, this a.m. on the radio.

Good for Jamie...you either stand for something, or you'll fall for anything. I'll be watching. :tup:

I'll be watching Jaime, but dayum this is gonna be a challenge against viewers for American Idol of all dayum shows on tv.

Jamie Foxx going up against 55 million viewers of American Idol!!!.

I will be watching JFoxx;I'm tired of American Idol.

Let me say this first. I very rarely watch NBC so I would never see a commercial for something on that network. I watched an auto on NBC about the North American International Auto Show. This was the first time I sat and watched something on NBC since the Bayou Classic in November.
I don't know if NBC has run any ads about the Jamie Foxx special, but I find it hard to believe that NBC would put something on in Prime Time and not advertise it. That would be like throwing away money. NBC may not be happy with Foxx, but they are not in the business of throwing away money. If they were not happy with Foxx, they would simply not air the program.

LoyalTigress said:
I'll be watching Jaime, but dayum this is gonna be a challenge against viewers for American Idol of all dayum shows on tv.

Thank God for two TV in my house and each have DVR so I can watch one and record the other!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT.............

Loyal Tigress call me have not heard form you since the beginning of the year or was that christmas???

cat daddy said:
Let me say this first. I very rarely watch NBC so I would never see a commercial for something on that network. I watched an auto on NBC about the North American International Auto Show. This was the first time I sat and watched something on NBC since the Bayou Classic in November.
I don't know if NBC has run any ads about the Jamie Foxx special, but I find it hard to believe that NBC would put something on in Prime Time and not advertise it. That would be like throwing away money. NBC may not be happy with Foxx, but they are not in the business of throwing away money. If they were not happy with Foxx, they would simply not air the program.

Thats the same thing I was thinking. It's all about money. Advertisers are not going to pay for commercial spots on programming that is not even marketed by the t.v. station. NBC would have yanked this special, developed something quick, fast, and in a hurry, and put it in place of Jamie's spot. There's something their not telling...

For some reason I think someone created that message just to get folks riled up and watching the special. I've seen advertisments for the special on NBC. As Cat Daddy said, there is no way a major network special would put togehter a special of that magnitude and not advertise it.

Furthermore, putting it againt American Idol is what the networks do. They are trying to compete with one another, plain and simple.

Apparently a controversial email is going around stating that NBC is not doing any marketing & publicity on the Jamie Foxx Special on NBC. I?ve just spoken with NBC and they have confirmed that this is not true. The show is being promoted with on-air spots (plus posted on NBC.com website with a picture of Jamie). In fact, the show is scheduled to air TWICE. Wed, Jan. 25, 8-9pm and again on Fri, Jan 27, 8-9pm.

I'm watching American Idol.

gramuntildeath said:
Thank God for two TV in my house and each have DVR so I can watch one and record the other!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT.............

Loyal Tigress call me have not heard form you since the beginning of the year or was that christmas???

Are you not able to watch one channel and record the other one the with the same DVR box?

cat daddy said:
Are you not able to watch one channel and record the other one the with the same DVR box?
cd, I can't. I can't change my channel, once a recording has started. That's what I was asking about, on the DirecTV thread, over there.

Warndalyn said:
cd, I can't. I can't change my channel, once a recording has started. That's what I was asking about, on the DirecTV thread, over there.

Warndalyn, I have a DVR also. You can't change the channel once you start recording. You will just have to watch another t.v.

buckwheat1911 said:
Warndalyn, I have a DVR also. You can't change the channel once you start recording. You will just have to watch another t.v.
That's what I thought.

Warndalyn said:

With DVR, you CAN too change the channel! Mike and I did last night. He had two things recording and we watched one of them.

J4J said:
With DVR, you CAN too change the channel! Mike and I did last night. He had two things recording and we watched one of them.
Who is your service with? Maybe it has something to do w/that...or the type of DVR you have. I have yet, to figure this schitt out.

oh, ok...I'm w/DirecTV...I'll call them and have someone show me how to do it, if it can be done.

Thanks,

Warndalyn said:
oh, ok...I'm w/DirecTV...I'll call them and have someone show me how to do it, if it can be done.

Thanks,

My DirecTiVo lets me change channels while taping one show. Now, If I'm taping two shows, that another story.
Which model DVR do you have? Did they run 2 sattelite signals into it?

JagsPride said:
My DirecTiVo lets me change channels while taping one show. Now, If I'm taping two shows, that another story.
Which model DVR do you have? Did they run 2 sattelite signals into it?
um, I don't know...:lol:

I will check it, when I get home tonight and reply to you, then.

Back