Jalen benched, Quincy will start

You might want to look at the OL & DL. Football is a team sport. Very seldom is one person responsible for a loss. You also may want to look at that lineman that gave up the blocked punt as well. I agree that the coaches have some responsibility too. Going for that 4th down before halftime wasn't very smart. The Texas Southern film would have told them that Lampley can go in the game and give S.U. instant offense.
You have to adjust to players as coaches. The routes we were running took too long to progress and Jalon didn’t have the time. Jalon also has to read to the defense to adjust the a blitz as a college QB. I think they’ll work on it more and be fine.

We haven't been able to run the ball in weeks since being down 4 linemen. Unless they get some more guys upfront to pass protect and run block it will be more of the same. Bring in an extra back or roll the pocket. The Qb isnt the problem.
Qb is PART of the problem, cause Jalon can't hit the ocean consistently with a rock in hand standing in the water. He's Helter Skelter.

Jalon is easy rattled. He really don't go through his progressions like Quincy does. Jalon isn't fluid with his throws and his accuracy is like Skelton's. Jalon's mechanics are some of the worst I've seen this year. He has a baseball motion with his throws. He would kill in the slot/flanker position.

Lots of good comments. I put the responsibility on the coaches for what happened. They know the QB's limitations.

BTW, it looked like Odoms made the team go directly to the locker room instead of shake hands after the game. Is that what he usually does? I sort of got the impression that he was sending a message by doing that.

Lots of good comments. I put the responsibility on the coaches for what happened. They know the QB's limitations.

BTW, it looked like Odoms made the team go directly to the locker room instead of shake hands after the game. Is that what he usually does? I sort of got the impression that he was sending a message by doing that.
Good question...........eliminates the possibility of COVID exposure and the possibility of "extra curricula activity" if you know what I mean. 😉

Defense actually was ok the first half. Only gave up 10 points until that decision to go for it on 4th and 13 right before the half. I think y'all possessed the ball for over 40 minutes. They were worn down by the 2nd half due to a lack of offensive production.
That's what turned the game to me, that 4th and 13 attempt, I was thinking how bad of a decision that was

Jalon is easy rattled. He really don't go through his progressions like Quincy does. Jalon isn't fluid with his throws and his accuracy is like Skelton's. Jalon's mechanics are some of the worst I've seen this year. He has a baseball motion with his throws. He would kill in the slot/flanker position.
We had a few QBs who could easily transition to WR. I feel your pain. smh

However, when I look southward to sam houston state and see Eric Schmid flourishing, I get highly jealous. Coaches going after athletic RBs at QB over intelligent QBs who can lead naturally is mind-boggling. Look out mcneese st. smh

Tell us. When is the last time you witnessed a SWAC QB audible at the LOS? lmao!

Last edited:
We had a few QBs who could easily transition to WR. I feel your pain. smh

However, when I look southward to sam houston state and see Eric Schmid flourishing, I get highly jealous. Coaches going after athletic RBs at QB over intelligent QBs who can lead naturally is mind-boggling. Look out mcneese st. smh

Tell us. When is the last time you witnessed a SWAC QB audible at thr LOS? lmao!
LMAO @ bolded part.

You rarely see any QB audible at the LOS nowadays with that "check-with-me" stuff. Not isolated to the SWAC.

But if there's a QB in the conference to make those calls, it would be Glass.
Jones at Alabama, Lawrence at Clemson, King at Miami, just off the cuff. I think Harper @ Alcorn St is fully capable.

"Check with me" ~ I don't trust your judgment.

Jones at Alabama, Lawrence at Clemson, King at Miami, just off the cuff. I think Harper @ Alcorn St is fully capable.

"Check with me" ~ I don't trust your judgment.

They’ve all done “check with me”. It’s damn near the lay of the land now.
Not the biggest fan of check with me, but it is what it is.

80% rain on Saturday. Our passing attack could be ineffective. Where is Bentley when we need him....

JSU - AAMU should be a true battle. JSU has pride and tradition while A&M with Maynor feel its their time to stake it's claim in the East. FAMU and Bethune will be watching closely......as will I. Play well and no injuries to both.

80% rain on Saturday. Our passing attack could be ineffective. Where is Bentley when we need him....
It will hurt JSU also because it will be hard to get the ball to their big wr’s and have to depend on their Oline for run blocking which they are struggling with. It should be a good game and both teams should be prepared for the weather rain or shine!

Yes, we have done that each game. Who shakes hands with covid

It’s not many. Give him time to implement his system. Our trenches need to hold up better than lately. That’s the problem. They also haven’t been helping Jalon out with playcalling.
Stars are about attending camps, who you know, and who you play for in HS. BUT if people
Time will tell. I blame the coaches and Jalon for that showing against y’all.

Blame Jalen??? How about the nonexistent run game? My bad Jalen was the leading rusher. What about the pourus blocking of the O-line. My bad Jalen still threw for 240yds. Put the blame where blame is due. It's not on the QB. These brothers have learned an offense in one month with one month of conditioning. Most of the transfers trained and practiced most of 2020 while our returning players were off-campus. If they dont fix the O-line good luck to anyone who's back there. Oh, and we are 3-2 because of our defense NOT our offense. At worst we should be 4-1.

no BS Bruce Eugene. He was super intelligent.
BEugene was on another stratosphere, obviously.

I think it is painfully obvious what the problem is with too many "teams" today. 11 fully committed and vested at the same time on the same play is very hard for most because most aren't mentally capable of using leverage and intelligence to complete their task.

lol Too many missed blocks smh. Poor execution. No commitment to dominate an opponent and that overrated and ridiculous "handshake" when the game is over. lol lol :D smgdh

BEugene was on another stratosphere, obviously.

I think it is painfully obvious what the problem is with too many "teams" today. 11 fully committed and vested at the same time on the same play is very hard for most because most aren't mentally capable of using leverage and intelligence to complete their task.

lol Too many missed blocks smh. Poor execution. No commitment to dominate an opponent and that overrated and ridiculous "handshake" when the game is over. lol lol :D smgdh
I think coaches over think and in a lot of cases under coach in practice which causes them to over coach in games. I hate seeing everyone staring at the sideline while they are in formation. Might as well huddle. Huddling actually has advantages but I will stop there.

Back