Jackson State University Sonic Boom of the South (2021-2022)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
The Best:
When you are the Best you will know because your conscience will let it Show.
There is no second guessing when the job get's Rough; Nevertheless, your attitude and the way you were trained is to be Tough.
Sometimes people may think that change is not the way to go but it is Mandatory for Sho!

It is time to show the World who you really are! "Let's Go Boom"

SPECTACULAR Performance in the Bayou! "Luv Da Boom"

As he would say; "SHOWTIME" "Let's Goooo"

50 years later, Jackson State's Sonic Boom of the South keeps bringing big sound​

When Jackson State University's Sonic Boom of the South marching band took the field for Homecoming in October, the air was electric.

"When I did everything I had to do on my end, I instantly felt like a fan again," said Roderick Little, the band's director. "There was one J-Sette (dancer) marching ... she was psyching herself up, saying to herself, 'Come on ... let's go, this is it.' and I said to myself, 'That's the energy that I'm talking about.'"

In front of nearly 54,000 students, alumni and fans — the largest homecoming crowd in the school's history — the band took the field at Mississippi Veterans Memorial Stadium Oct. 16. The show they put on wasn't just for the fans or to support the Tigers football team in their eventual 28-7 victory over Alabama State University.

The nearly 300 student-athletes that compose the Sonic Boom and the Prancing J-Settes dance line were celebrating the band's 50th anniversary of carrying its name.

They didn't do it alone.

Marching every step of the way during their halftime performance were alumni who also used to play, march and dance dating back to the 1970s.

Jackson State's Sonic Boom of the South marching band has teamed up with the Florida A&M Marching 100 for a Pepsi commercial.

The 60-second spot will air during the SWAC Championship game on Saturday, the Cricket Celebration Bowl, and on national TV outlets through the end of the month.

"Some college players give it their all, there are no excuses, no complaints, no no shows." the ad said. "But when I say players, I don't mean the ones with the ball. I mean the ones that play the drums, the brass, the woodwinds, these players bring excitement to the stadium and soul to the school."

Pepsi said it is investing $3 million dollars into the ad, which is a part of the company's Racial Equality journey initiative. Pepsi also has a partnership with Jackson State football coach Deion Sanders.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26WpGvLpFzw

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Qfg5nG0Q3U

JACKSON, Miss. (WLBT) - Electrifying, energizing, and exhilarating.

That’s how many across the country are describing Jackson State’s Sonic Boom of the South marching band.

As they prepare to head to the Celebration Bowl in Alanta next week to support the JSU Tigers, the Sonic Boom is also celebrating its 50 year anniversary.

Expect musical magic mixed with soul and some razzle-dazzle whenever the Sonic Boom of South performs.

“Our sound’s like no other. We typically like to identify our sound as a dark rich sound, something that is definitely not imitated,” said Dr. Roderick Little.

“Our sound, our legacy, all of that implies into how we are impactful. We are a group,” said Zakiya Johnson, Sonic Boom band member.

Georgia's On My Mind!
mod.gif

View: https://www.facebook.com/jsunaainc/videos/994753417698666/

The Key to Success is " knowing that you are Successful" Author Unknown!

Note: That Gin and Juice cut; add a Chant during the Tuba break down. It will Rock the House 4 Real!
"JSU or I Believe" Chant; be Creative.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back