Jackson State football program put on probation by the NCAA

Its been under investigation since 2018. Emanuel Olenga is the football prospect in question from 2019.

Here are the facts
I think that was the footbal player who was on Twitter saying JSU paid players, and committed other violations. I had a feeling this might come to a head. Damn, that's messed up. Buddy is gonna have some headhunters gunning for him at the next SHC.

Y'all be extra careful now that you have that spotlight on you.

I think that was the footbal player who was on Twitter saying JSU paid players, and committed other violations. I had a feeling this might come to a head. Damn, that's messed up. Buddy is gonna have some headhunters gunning for him at the next SHC.

Yea that's him.

Home boy better not even get on the field when they play Jackson St. Its going to be some late hits and paws put on him.

I'll say this, IMO they are not just after JSU but other HGBCUs in the SWAC as well. Should JSU suceed in signing some P5 playerts, the other schools will be considetred by the P5 players as well. Look at it now, we are already getting the 2 & 3 Stars, so its just a matter of time. Look out for attention at your own house if a coach gets slightly out of line.

Last edited:
The timing by the NCAA may be the result of some backbitng by those inimical to JSU, but the real question is "Did JSU commit the infraction?" If so, then JSU is fair game! Don't act like JSU is being picked on! What if JSU had not hired Sanders, the infraction, if indeed it is an infraction, would still be out there, and JSU would still have to deal with it! .

The timing by the NCAA may be the result of some backbitng by those inimical to JSU, but the real question is "Did JSU commit the infraction?" If so, then JSU is fair game! Don't act like JSU is being picked on! What if JSU had not hired Sanders, the infraction, if indeed it is an infraction, would still be out there, and JSU would still have to deal with it! .

It was self reported by the university.

paying players haven’t made not 1 Celebration Bowl...yikes

Would you say this if it was Notre Dame or Alabama? Amazing when it is the little fish, they can find every infraction. But when it is the big boys, it always seem to be nothing here to see. Now if this was before Deion, no problem. Deion comes in, makes a little noise and bam, probation! But you are right, JSU Fans need to deal with it. As long the mafia-NCAA does this to the big fish as well.

Would you say this if it was Notre Dame or Alabama? Amazing when it is the little fish, they can find every infraction. But when it is the big boys, it always seem to be nothing here to see. Now if this was before Deion, no problem. Deion comes in, makes a little noise and bam, probation! But you are right, JSU Fans need to deal with it. As long the mafia-NCAA does this to the big fish as well.
JSU self-reported the violations.

JSU self-reported the violations.

I know, but the NCAA fine stuff on them and nothing still happens. Now if it is Western Illinois for example, they would be the poster boy for cheating.

I know the violations are self-reported...(and over several different sports.....not just football)

But it seems to me that most of the penalties are being levied against football recruitment activity......which seems to me like this is just an effort by those in power (using the NCAA as their medium) to send a message to JSU and other HBCU's to be careful about boasting about getting these big time recruits...

My other point is.....does it do HBCU's any good to self report to the NCAA....if there is no real leniancy for telling on yourself. Why tell on yourself?
I seen too many "other" universities just get a NCAA reprimand for the type of issues JSU "self-reported" (no real penalties)

One thing I have realized about America.......You can best believe whenever those in power really want to mess with you...there are plenty of laws that are on the books that most people have no clue that are there and when they want to get you they can pull up one of those never used laws.

Back