J-State zeros in on defense

weren't you in HS back in 98?

You all put too much success in wins and losses.

If you followed PV in 98 and 99 (his team but different coach), you would know not many teams could do much defensively against us. Depth was our downfall

Ask SU and their high powered offense, they struggled to score on us those 2 years. All of their points came down on a wore down defense in the 4th quarter.

Ask Doug about 98, he had to outscore us to win.

The list goes on. Give me what JSU has and he will look like a genius.

Originally posted by The Panther Fan
rotflmao!!!!!!!!!!!!

:smh: that yall trying to hoodwink folks into thinking that this guy is a "genius". I mean, are all the other college and NFL coaches so dumb that they would let "a genius" sit there coaching in the high school ranks, but JW is brilliant enough to beat everybody to the punch.

He may be a good coach, but you all need to stop this foolishness about he's some kind of genius. The results don't show it at all.
And please, no more scholarship limitation excuses. They're old. And nobody else buys them. Except jsue. :lol: :lol:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by mighty hornet

ummmm your special teams were just as pathetic as your horrible defense. (If not worser)

MH, this is also a very true statement but one that we feel has been corrected. Our defense did not lose the game to Alabama State. The five fumbles by the offense and the two blocked punts did. If not for those 7 turnovers, we would have scored 100 on AlaState. I think we will this time.

H,

And ( to me) that dude is sorry. However we will have a 200% improvement at SS and FS. Michael Cooley was supposed to be an all-world corner for us but he has not shown me much either. I think most of our defensive woes were because of Kelly. Now that Johnson is there, the appropiate scheme will do the trick. Also I expect some good things in the very near future from this group. We have a few redshirts sitting out and we recruited 5 more players for the secondary this year. I am also sure that Johnson would not mind stealing a WR or RB to help out he needed. These guys will likely see a lot of time next year:

2 MARK, Marion SO DB 6'3 210 Mobile, AL

7 McRAE, Ronald SO DB 6'1 185 Winston-Salem, NC

16 TANNER, Cleotha SO DB 6'0 175 Belzoni, MS

20 MORGAN, Kenyelle SO DB 6'1 175 Morton, MS

25 WOULARD, Lamont JR DB 6'2 185 Gulfport, MS

26 COOLEY, Michael JR DB 5'9 185 Jackson, MS

33 CRAFT, Marcus SO DB 6'0 170 Hattiesburg, MS

We need to pull this unit together, until then they are our weakness but since Johnson knows what he is doing, the front seven will help this unit tremendously.

MH,

We don't need a genious. All we need is someone with a clue and I can tell you that Johnson has a clue. And don't tell me anything about the scholarship issue. LC would have been 0-11 last year without scholarships. He would have even lost to JC Smith and Clark. Don't try to hire Johnson as your HC after LC bails out in the near future. I can tell by reading the article that Johnson is running this program. Hughes is just sitting back saying OK.

Ya'll in trouble.

Mighty Hornet don't pay attention to TP. I don't think he has figured out that what makes a good team is the one that can force the other team to have a bad day. Or to choke in other words. JSU chocked in game against Bama St. and NC A&T therefore they are the sorry team. At least that is why ya'll got the win and JSU was left with the Lost.

Originally posted by CEE DOG
Mighty Hornet don't pay attention to TP.
LOL!!!

I like to see him make ridiculous post after ridiculous post after ridiculous post....... I expect it!!!!
:D

Originally posted by Tigerpride
Johnson is running this program
When yall start losing, that poor guy is gonna be made the fall guy. JW knew exactly what he was doing when he hired this PV reject, high school coach.
JW outsmarted yall again!!
:smh:

MH, there will be no fall guy. Do you honestly think that if this season goes bad that they can lay the blame on Johnson? The only thing Hughes did is get someone he knew could do his job better than he could. If this is a bad season, Hughes knows he is fired. He was only saved this year because his name was on the dotted line and there was no logical reason for reassigning him after 27 years on the staff and a 23-10 record. Just the opposite is happening bruh. Hughes hired Johnson to SAVE his job. If they lose, Johnson and the entire staff are gone!!! Johnson is going to use this job to get back into the seat as someone's HC.

Gram Cracker, S Who and Bama Jam 1 & 2 - Oh Yeah (Eeverybody Else)

It is clear that Coach Johnson is determined to solidify the defensive side of the ball for JSU in 2002. By simply watching game film, he has already determined that the last misfit we had at DC was playing players out of position based on their skill. Therefore, I am also excited about the possibility of JSU running the table in the SWAC this year as your teams in my eyes are beneath us anyway. Stop hating prepare yourself mentaly that this guy is at least better than the last DC and the last one still almost ran the table. Unfortunately for us, we stumbled up on two losses to Gram and Bama 1. Nevertheless, can you hear the music coming already from outside the stadium........

GET READY BECAUSE HERE WE COME - THE SONIC BOOM OF THE SOUTH:D

The return of the Tiger Paw is coming to a city near you - BEWARE!:eek2:

Originally posted by TigerPawII
Gram Cracker, S Who and Bama Jam 1 & 2 - Oh Yeah (Eeverybody Else)

It is clear that Coach Johnson is determined to solidify the defensive side of the ball for JSU in 2002. By simply watching game film, he has already determined that the last misfit we had at DC was playing players out of position based on their skill. Therefore, I am also excited about the possibility of JSU running the table in the SWAC this year as your teams in my eyes are beneath us anyway. Stop hating prepare yourself mentaly that this guy is at least better than the last DC and the last one still almost ran the table. Unfortunately for us, we stumbled up on two losses to Gram and Bama 1. Nevertheless, can you hear the music coming already from outside the stadium........

GET READY BECAUSE HERE WE COME - THE SONIC BOOM OF THE SOUTH:D

The return of the Tiger Paw is coming to a city near you - BEWARE!:eek2:

There goes that wishful thinking again.....

NO, unknown we don't WISH at Jackson State. We leave that to you Bamas. You know...

*ASU wishes they could win your 2nd SWAC title in school history in football.

*AAMU wished they could make it to the BIG DANCE, just once.

*AAMU wishes they had respect in the SWAC period.

*AAMU wishes there were NO MORE Big 3.

*ASU wishes they weren't playing JSU this fall.

*ASU wishes they had Kennedy for one more year.

*ASU wished they could have produced a winning season without shipping in a whole team from Cal. community colleges.

*Unknown really wishes he had chosen JSU.

*sniker*

lol

JSU wishes they still didn't have Hughes.

JSU wishes they could believe the isht they talk.

JSU wishes it was 1996.

*Oh, this isn't the Smack Board*:eek: walking out.....

TP

I like your optimism concerning the Lynch Street Gang. The list you posted looks good. But, as long as Hughes, he will find some way to loose. All I can say is you are welcome to join robber and myself at the Liberty Bowl.

I do not know why mighty hornet and his cohorts are always talking about bambi state beating someone. I wish they would put TN ST on their schedule again, so we can beat that @@@ again. I guess this will be their last winning season.

Originally posted by The Panther Fan
weren't you in HS back in 98?

Ask Doug about 98, he had to outscore us to win.

WAY TOO EASY!!!:D

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by H
TP

I like your optimism concerning the Lynch Street Gang. The list you posted looks good. But, as long as Hughes, he will find some way to loose. All I can say is you are welcome to join robber and myself at the Liberty Bowl.

Do you think I will ever miss the SHC?? I will be right there but please don't expect the same performance out of JSU. That was the first and last time you will ever score 60 on JSU. With our improved defense, and your new QB, you will be lucky to get 1/3 of those points this year. Our offense is already in mid-season form. Don't make me post our WR corp.

The defense is looking real good. This defense might rival the 1999 defense. This aint gong be nothing nice.

Originally posted by H
I do not know why mighty hornet and his cohorts are always talking about bambi state beating someone. I wish they would put TN ST on their schedule again
Hefner,

Stop fronting. You know you hate LC way too much to schedule ASU. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by H
I do not know why mighty hornet and his cohorts are always talking about bambi state beating someone. I wish they would put TN ST on their schedule again, so we can beat that @@@ again.

Cause L.C. would rather play Miles, Spelman, and Mississippi Institute of the Blind and go 9-3. Can you blame him?

Back