J.Lo uses term "Ni&&as" in new song...

I will say this Jlo is a Prican from the Bronx who grew up around people who use the word regularly.News flash Latinos use the word the same way we do even to each other so I look at them the same way I look at one of us when we use it.We are to blame and no one else.Remember when many Latinos came to this country from the Carribean they were seen in many cases as black foreigners and were treated as such so they lived and worked and played with us so they picked up on our trends.We taught them that it was a cool word so we need to kick our d@mn selves in the tail.FAMU Gal I hate the word also and I wish we would wise up and stop using it but until that time we can't check other people for saying it without looking like hypocrites.My wife is a Bronx West Indian so she laughed at the notion of it being a racial issue.She can vouch for the fact that it is a common accepted thing up there and Ja Rule wrote the song so who is really the blame here.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
It's all in the connotation. If nothing derogatory was meant by it, I don't have a problem with it. Besides, Puerto Ricans are just as black as we are. When them boats left Africa, America ain't the onliest spot they docked. They took some of them Zulus to PR and elsewhere. Just because they speak a different language don't mean we didn't all originate from the same place.

Hey Fellas...

Seriously, If you were in the club and a [size=4.5] FINEAZZ RICAN HONEY [/SIZE] rolled up to you and seductively said, "HELLO MY *****" would you think racial slur or
[SIZE=6.5] "BANG - BANG - BANG"?! [/SIZE]

Definitely agrees with Suge and Gramtigress

***** is a word that's used by "us" so frequently, till it doesn't even phase me when I hear it anymore. Only if a white person says it to me or one of my people in a derogatory manner, does it offend me. They're the ones that started calling us that, but they meant it totally in a different manner than Mexicans and such.

J-Lo has probably lost touch of whom she is too....see my thread in the Round Table Discussion Forum.:rolleyes:

F J HO!!!

***** is a word that is used as a term of endearment by black folk for black folk. This is not a debate on whether or not the word should be used period. I don't feel that J Ho should have used the word. She's not black. PR's aren't black. I don't care what you say. So I say she was wrong for that. If I make a record talking about spic this and wetback that...then all of those damn PRs, Mexicans, Dominicans, Icans, or whatever the f they are will be tripping. So what's the big deal with us tripping??? I get sick of negros trying to take up for other races when we need to stop worrying about them and worry about ourselves.

The suffix ist means somebody who follows a particular belief or school of thought. It also means somebody associated with a particular action or thing . The word race means the fact of belonging to a group of humans who share the same physical features such as skin color. Therefore I am a racist. I am proud to admit it. I don't give 2 f's about J Ho, PRs or anything about em!!! At this point, I only care about my fellow negros!!!

USATODAY or MTV can use the slang word for Negro and it gets posted. I try to use it on this website and it gets edited out. What's up with that ish???

Cmon Nupe if you are going to be mad at someone be mad at Jah Rule who wrote the song and the writers of the thousands of songs that we peform in front of millions of different ethnic groups glorifying the word.How about all of the black radio stations that played it without bleeping out the word.For the one finger pointing at her their are 4 pointing at us.She is from the Bronx and up there latinos and blacks refer to each other by this word all of the time.Shame on us because we are to blame not anyone else because we kept it alive and then have the audacity to get mad when it bites us in the butt.Idon't have a problem with latinos and black people or at least some of us need to stop blaming other people for what we do wrong.

Must I repeat myself.....

Originally posted by Dr. Sweet NUPE
IF YOU AREN'T A N-I-G-G-A THEN WHY ARE YOU OFFENDED...........DO YOU REMEMBER THE MOVIE "DEEP COVER" WHEN THE DETECTIVE ASKED LAWRENCE FISHBURNE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A BLACK MAN AND A N-I-G-G-A AND LAWRENCE FISHBURNE REPLIED, "THE N-I-G-G-A WOULD BE THE ONE WHO ATTEMPS TO ANSWER THAT QUESTION".........THINK ABOUT IT.

Nasty Nupe,

Why are Puerto Ricans not black??? Some anyway. Like I said, many of them came from the exact same place as we did. AFRICA!!! If some of them folk ain't black, then we ain't black. All them folk I see that look just like us, 'cept they talk different. But I digress. *sigh*

*** J. Lo takes heat for use of epithet

(Launch) - Superstar singer-actress Jennifer Lopez is under fire for
the usage of the word "n**ga" in her latest song, "I'm Real." The
song is currently No. 26 on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles
and Tracks chart. Lopez, who is of Puerto Rican decent, was called
out for her use of the word by New York radio hosts Star and Buc
Wild, who are planning to protest during Lopez's Friday morning
performance at NBC's "Today" summer concert series. Lopez's latest album, "J.Lo," has been certified platinum and is currently No. 93 on the Billboard 200 album chart.

<b>If</b> the "N" word is gonna be used by someone....

Would you rather hear the word coming from someone like Jennifer Lopez, or would you prefer hearing it from people like Clarence Thomas, Ward Connerly, Armstrong Williams, etc...?

Back