J.Lo uses term "Ni&&as" in new song...

J-State Tiger

Senate Candidate #7
WTF is going on! How dare she? She been around P-****ty too long and its gonna get her hurt. The song is with ja rule and goes something like "I'm tired of people asking me about so and so, I tell them ni&&as its none of their business."

SMH..

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Man she black...LOL
She know the deal....as long as you ain't white I don't have a problem with it.

Not necessarily...I wasn't serious

The reason I said that is because she grew up in a black environment & it is quite obvious she isn't "anti-black".

Let's say my Mother was sold to a plantation slave master. I was born on the plantation with the master's children, grew up on the plantation with the master's children. Played with the master's children. Does that mean that I have the same rights as the master's children? I can call them honkey and cracker and it will be ok with them? wow...

yeah yeah...

I heard it all over the gossip radio this morning. Now why do we take that personal when we call each other the "n" word?:rolleyes: But at the same time, she should have used the word at all. She got a little too comfortable.

I do not use that word nor do I allow someone to refer to me as that or use that word in a conversation that I'm participating in.

This is what happens from the "liberal" way the word is sprinkled about (over a period of years). It seems that the spelling of it
with the "gga" ending makes it less (in some folks opinion) a racial slur.

Now as for Jennifer Lopez, she apparently deems herself as being "one of us" or enuff of us to get away with using it. It depends on how the individual feels. I for one, have no problem with her saying it becuz I don't think it was said as a slur.

If Lil'Kim, JayZ, Foxy Brown, or the kid around the way can say it...
hell she can too. Hell, I consider her Black...check her family tree
(that azz she's packing ain't hardly European)

What MikeBigg said. Puerto Ricans...Dominicans...Hatians...Brothers and Sisters.......are all the same.

That's the 'White America' side that has their panties up in a bunch causing a stir.

Originally posted by BluBlood
I do not use that word nor do I allow someone to refer to me as that or use that word in a conversation that I'm participating in.

Ditto, I totally agree

We sit and call each other that term all the time..so what is the uproar. I don't like to hear us refer to each other in that term...but since we do it sooooo freely. How can I get mad when some other race of people says it?

Publicity Stunt 101

It's sad, but entertainers do it all the time. Controversy sells.

It's a technique that's as old as dirt, but it works. Had she not used the lyrics, we would not be having this dialogue.

Again, I think it's sad, but as long as it works, artists will continue to do it.

IF YOU AREN'T A N-I-G-G-A THEN WHY ARE YOU OFFENDED...........DO YOU REMEMBER THE MOVIE "DEEP COVER" WHEN THE DETECTIVE ASKED LAWRENCE FISHBURNE THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A BLACK MAN AND A N-I-G-G-A AND LAWRENCE FISHBURNE REPLIED, "THE N-I-G-G-A WOULD BE THE ONE WHO ATTEMPS TO ANSWER THAT QUESTION".........THINK ABOUT IT.

Originally posted by J-State Tiger
WTF is going on! How dare she? She been around P-****ty too long and its gonna get her hurt. The song is with ja rule and goes something like "I'm tired of people asking me about so and so, I tell them ni&&as its none of their business."

SMH..

My brother teaches at a school that 85% Mexican and they use the "n" word all the time. I think it's culture shock for us, as black people to hear other nationalities use the "n" word, when in actually they use it all the time.

I think Big Pun used to say it in his music also and I've even heard Fat Joe refer to himself as a "n".

Originally posted by J-State Tiger
Ok brave so if a bunch of mexicans were around you saying ni&&a this and Ni&&a that you would be cool??

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Two Rules of Mine...

1. Don't use it if you have European ancestry
2. Don't use it around anyone with European Ancestry

I understand what everyone is saying, but how long will we allow other cultures to be ignorant esp. our own?!? I don't get offended when hearing the word, because I know I'm not one, but that's the same as hearing a someone refer to a female as a b or a garden tool. I know I'm not those either, but please respect my sista!!! So I'm saying to the other cultures, please respect my brothas and sistas. I don't care if the spelling is the different, it's still the same word! How long will our people be ignorant to this?

I understand what everyone is saying, but how long will we allow other cultures to be ignorant esp. our own?!? I don't get offended when hearing the word, because I know I'm not one, but that's the same as hearing a someone refer to a female as a b or a garden tool. I know I'm not those either, but please respect my sista!!! So I'm saying to the other cultures, please respect my brothas and sistas. I don't care if the spelling is the different, it's still the same word! How long will our people be ignorant to this?

BluBlood,

I understand and respect where you're coming from. However, I don't think it's so much a matter of being "ignorant" as it is to being "indifferent". We cannot control the public's vocabulary...all we can do is "Don't use it and individually 'check' someone that does", IF we find it offensive!

Just my $0.02 worth!!

BiggMike define ignorant. I'm not referring to ignorant in the manner that "we" use it. Ignorant is simply not knowing. If you have other cultures using the term just because they hear us say it and don't know the history of it...then yes it's ignorant.

I personally don't like her music. THe child can't sing, she can just hold a tune. So it doesn't matter what she say. As long as she aint calling me one.

right jelli

True. She can't sing to me either.

But the word is just an understanding between our race that the "others" will not understand. "We" as in African Americans (some, not all) call each other the "n" word and have been doin it for years and know that it's just another term, but others who call us that will be dealt with because they should understand (if they have gone to history class) and know that coming from their mouths it sounds like a racial slur. The "N" word is not going anywhere.

BiggMike define ignorant. I'm not referring to ignorant in the manner that "we" use it. Ignorant is simply not knowing. If you have other cultures using the term just because they hear us say it and don't know the history of it...then yes it's ignorant.

COOL!!! I see where you're coming from...

Heartfelt sentiment..........

Blu, after all is said and done, you're still my 'Ninja' !!!

LMAO !!!

:redhot: Now don't get all fussy. You know how I kid......... :D

Back