It's SU's bed, and now it has to sleep in it

I'm not really sure what ASU's last win over SU has to do with the SCG, but ASU's current team has played them one time. And that one time, SU won by one point. On the last offensive play of the game. Surely, that aint no reason to want to avoid playing them.

btw, ASU's QB got injured in that game too.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
mighty hornet said:
robber,
Where art thou?

:lol::lol:
I suppose to be scared of Robber or something, what you calling him for? You got something to say to me, post it yourself.

I'm just saying that if I ran the show at Alabama State, I'd lose Saturday's game against UAPB.

Then I'd get them next week in Birmingham at a "quote/unquote" NUETRAL site..... You konw that favors Alabama State heavily...... :ebrow:

That's all... :look:

I'm ready for the SWAC Champ to come from the EAST, dayummit!!!! :redhot:

:dude:

I hate to bring this up...but what would be said if APB would loose this game sending SU too B-ham and SU walks away with the SWAC title. Now before you answer this think about it! Would you except SU as the SWAC champs or not? :idea:

BDJ, the answer should be that they don't have to accept anything, just like we don't. You guys wonder why some Jags on here say they don't care what happens now? Maybe because they don't. Some want the whole thing and w/out the BC, it will be missing something, even with the championship. Ask the Gramblingnites about two of their three titles.

It's not the same.

Now, am I in this group? No. I won't be by a radio listening to every play, but I will find out who won and if ASU did, I'll finish my prep for B-Ham. If not, i'll finish my prep for the house party to watch the game. I don't think you can blame anybody but the SWAC Office for people like me not wanting to support a game, when their team isn't there, like this that allowed the earlier season shenaneigans to occur from FIVE teams, not just ONE.

But, if you seriously think the majority of SUites are crying about this, you think too much of yourself. We have more serious things on the agenda at SU: Coaches, Construction, ticket prices, next year's schedule, etc.

And please, take note of the WORD MAJORITY, not meaning all.

SU Jag 79 said:
But, if you seriously think the majority of SUites are crying about this, you think too much of yourself. We have more serious things on the agenda at SU: Coaches, Construction, ticket prices, next year's schedule, etc.
So, are you saying that "the majority of SUites" are more concerned about next year's schedule and/or next year's ticket prices rather than whether SU will be in next week's SCG?

Please tell me thats not what you're saying!!
:shame:

mighty hornet said:
So, are you saying that "the majority of SUites" are more concerned about next year's schedule and/or next year's ticket prices rather than whether SU will be in next week's SCG?

Please tell me thats not what you're saying!!
:shame:

This is not smack!!!!

I know if you're use to being a loser its hard to believe. :shame:

Um, ok, this might sound like a riddle, but I think I'm missing something (please note I'm only trying to figure this out...that's all...this ain't about trying to figure out how SU can get to the SCG...I just thought I understood it all, but after reading some posts, something just doesn't make sense). I just need some feedback on the scenario.

SU beat JSU but
PB lost to JSU

PB beat GSU but
SU lost to GSU

If PB beats Ala. State, both PB and SU would be 6-1 in the conference. HOWEVER, SU ALSO beat Ala. State.

Which team wins the tie-breaker and how? What am I missing?

Looking at head-to-head, the record is even among common opponents.

SU vs. GSU 0-1
SU vs. JSU 1-0
SU vs. ASU 1-0 -
Total rec 2-1

PB vs. GSU 1-0
PB vs. JSU 0-1
PB vs. ASU 1-0
total rec 2-1

Sooo, who wins the tie-break?? I said all that to say...I'm thinking we still have to rely on the coin flip.... :uhoh:

Somebody please help me figure this one out. It's like a never-ending circle. Am I missing something??

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Damn, you know what you're right because the JSU game did count for SU, we all were so busy listening to these hater bullisht we all are wrong.

Since point spread isn't counted both teams would be 6-1, no wonder Pete didn't "GAF"

IF THEY WIN!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Jag-Tig said:
Um, ok, this might sound like a riddle, but I think I'm missing something (please note I'm only trying to figure this out...that's all...this ain't about trying to figure out how SU can get to the SCG...I just thought I understood it all, but after reading some posts, something just doesn't make sense). I just need some feedback on the scenario.

Which team wins the tie-breaker and how?

What am I missing?

Sooo, who wins the tie-break?? I said all that to say...I'm thinking we still have to rely on the coin flip.... :uhoh:

Somebody please help me figure this one out. It's like a never-ending circle. Am I missing something??

The tie break goes like this according to what the Swac office sent out:

2004 SWAC Football Tiebreaker (October 14, 2004)

and this is what they posted on their site:

Ark.-Pine Bluff would hold the tie-breaker over Southern due to their win over common division opponent Grambling State (41-22) and Southern?s loss to Grambling (24-13) last week. A loss by Ark.-Pine Bluff will give the West Division title to Southern.

Although the tie breaker isnt exactly written like that, it states (after head to head competition)

"2. Each team?s record vs. the team occupying the next highest position in the final regular-season standings, continuing down through the standings (divisional and then non-divisional) until one team gains an advantage."

So since Grambling is occupying the next highest position in the final regular season standing in the division and Pine Bluff beat Grambling and SU lost to Grambling they win the tie breaker. The rule should have been written for divisional record instead of the next highest team, because one team could have won against the 3rd place team and lost against the 4th place team and vice versa. But I think the Swac office was thinking that both teams would have been undefeated. If UAPB wins their division record would be 3-0 vs SU's division record of 2-1.

They do go on and have this as the next to last tie breaker before the coin flip:

"b. If the tied teams do not play each other, use each team?s record vs. common opponents (divisional and then non-divisional) until one team gains and advantage."

Jag-Tig,
Fiyah is right. SU's loss to Gram and PB's win over Gram is the difference.

and bluedog,

bluedog said:
Damn, you know what you're right because the JSU game did count for SU, we all were so busy listening to these hater bullisht we all are wrong.

Since point spread isn't counted both teams would be 6-1, no wonder Pete didn't "GAF"
As you said earlier in this topic,

"THIS AINT SMACK",

I shole hope you read Fiyah's post before you go calling the SWAC office this morning and making a FOOL out of yourself!!!!!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

we all were so busy listening to these hater bullisht we all are wrong.
You may now hop down off that high horse.
:smh::smh:

Like I said bruh, I'm putting my tickets in the American Tourist now.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

We'll see how much you'll be laughing on Dec. 12th

Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

SU Jag 79 said:
BDJ, the answer should be that they don't have to accept anything, just like we don't. You guys wonder why some Jags on here say they don't care what happens now? Maybe because they don't. Some want the whole thing and w/out the BC, it will be missing something, even with the championship. Ask the Gramblingnites about two of their three titles.

It's not the same.

Now, am I in this group? No. I won't be by a radio listening to every play, but I will find out who won and if ASU did, I'll finish my prep for B-Ham. If not, i'll finish my prep for the house party to watch the game. I don't think you can blame anybody but the SWAC Office for people like me not wanting to support a game, when their team isn't there, like this that allowed the earlier season shenaneigans to occur from FIVE teams, not just ONE.

And please, take note of the WORD MAJORITY, not meaning all.
Hold up man all I did was ask a question ...not tell you or anyone else how I feel about what's going on. I did not say anything about the majority of SUites crying about anything. And what is this Quote: you think too much of yourself about. :upset: Oh thank you for giving me the meaning of MAJORITY :shame:

Big Daddy Jag said:
I hate to bring this up...but what would be said if APB would loose this game sending SU too B-ham and SU walks away with the SWAC title. Now before you answer this think about it! Would you except SU as the SWAC champs or not? :idea:

Yup, I'll accept it. Gladly. Just as I'd accept a championship from UAPB.

With a big arsed * beside it ...

Big Daddy Jag said:
Hold up man all I did was ask a question ...not tell you or anyone else how I feel about what's going on. I did not say anything about the majority of SUites crying about anything. And what is this Quote: you think too much of yourself about. :upset: Oh thank you for giving me the meaning of MAJORITY :shame:

That quote wasn't meant for you. It was meant for the numerous ones out there who think we are ALL biting nails, ready to pounce on a computer Saturday man.

All I did was give you what I think their answer would be to your question and what I think ours should be to theirs. We straight man.

Fiyah said:

The tie break goes like this according to what the Swac office sent out:

2004 SWAC Football Tiebreaker (October 14, 2004)

and this is what they posted on their site:

Ark.-Pine Bluff would hold the tie-breaker over Southern due to their win over common division opponent Grambling State (41-22) and Southern?s loss to Grambling (24-13) last week. A loss by Ark.-Pine Bluff will give the West Division title to Southern.

Although the tie breaker isnt exactly written like that, it states (after head to head competition)

"2. Each team?s record vs. the team occupying the next highest position in the final regular-season standings, continuing down through the standings (divisional and then non-divisional) until one team gains an advantage."

So since Grambling is occupying the next highest position in the final regular season standing in the division and Pine Bluff beat Grambling and SU lost to Grambling they win the tie breaker. The rule should have been written for divisional record instead of the next highest team, because one team could have won against the 3rd place team and lost against the 4th place team and vice versa. But I think the Swac office was thinking that both teams would have been undefeated. If UAPB wins their division record would be 3-0 vs SU's division record of 2-1.

They do go on and have this as the next to last tie breaker before the coin flip:

"b. If the tied teams do not play each other, use each team?s record vs. common opponents (divisional and then non-divisional) until one team gains and advantage."

Ok, got it. Yeah, the difference is DIVISIONAL record vs. next highest team...that makes all the difference in the world.

But in my mind, it seems like it could possibly become a never-ending circle because if PB loses, it's against a NONDIVISIONAL team. So I guess really that's why it comes down to Grambling, taking out the nondivisional games. But you're right in that the tie-break really doesn't read that way.

Thanks.

Jag-Tig said:
But in my mind, it seems like it could possibly become a never-ending circle because if PB loses, it's against a NONDIVISIONAL team. So I guess really that's why it comes down to Grambling, taking out the nondivisional games. But you're right in that the tie-break really doesn't read that way.

Thanks.

If UAPB loses their conferance record goes to 5-2 vs SU's 6-1 so there would be no tie.

Back