It's SU's bed, and now it has to sleep in it

Jag-Tig said:
Ok, got it. Yeah, the difference is DIVISIONAL record vs. next highest team...that makes all the difference in the world.

But in my mind, it seems like it could possibly become a never-ending circle because if PB loses, it's against a NONDIVISIONAL team. So I guess really that's why it comes down to Grambling, taking out the nondivisional games. But you're right in that the tie-break really doesn't read that way.

Thanks.

I didn't read it that way. The first part was to rank the teams in both divisions 1 thru 5. This was done in case of a 3-way tie at any position. See head-to-head doesn't solve a 3-way tie.

The next part of the tie-breaker rule was specifically for UAPB/SU (divisional opponents that don't play each other). It simply traverses the divisional opponents, then non-divisional opponents until one team gains an advantage. If UAPB beats ASU, they gain an advantage due to the Grambling opponent. If UAPB loses to ASU, SU gains an advantage due to the ASU opponent.

Jag-Tig what the rules don't account for are the non-divisional games that are played that doesn't count. If SU had lost to MVSU, would it have hurt them if UAPB and SU were undefeated in SWAC play. What about Alcorn, SU beat them and UAPB didn't play them, would SU have gained an advantage?

GSU and JSU did the SWAC a favor.

Da_Sperm said:
I didn't read it that way. The first part was to rank the teams in both divisions 1 thru 5. This was done in case of a 3-way tie at any position. See head-to-head doesn't solve a 3-way tie.

GSU and JSU did the SWAC a favor.

Sperm if you look at it the way they have it written that first rule is under the heading of A. TWO-TEAM TIE.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
SU Jag 79 said:
You guys wonder why some Jags on here say they don't care what happens now? Maybe because they don't. Some want the whole thing and w/out the BC, it will be missing something, even with the championship. Ask the Gramblingnites about two of their three titles.
It's not the same.

You play for championships. I will always take a CHAMPIONSHIP over a regular season game.

Da_Sperm said:
Jag-Tig what the rules don't account for are the non-divisional games that are played that doesn't count.

Exactly. That's why I was saying it could get very confusing between divisional/non-divisional depending on what teams played or didn't play.

In terms of the 2 or 3 way tie, there was no need to even read the info about the two way tie. As Fiyah was saying it was the two-way tie into that was listed first and came into play in this scenario.

And that's a good question about the Alcorn scenario. There are so many ways this could have gone. It sounds funny to say, but this situation is probably the easiest scenario that could have play out! LOL!! Whew!

Back