Islam and Christianity.

Re: also keep in mind

yazeed1906 said:
..please cite where jesus (PBUH) says "I am God"

He didn't need to. His Father validated Him.

The Gospel of Matthew was written somewhere around 84 A.D.
Matt 3:7-17
7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 8 Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance: 9 And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham. 10 And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: therefore every tree which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire: 12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire. 13 Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of him. 14 But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee, and comest thou to me? 15 And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then he suffered him. 16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

The Gospel of Mark - written some time around 75 A.D.
Mark 9:2-7
2 And after six days Jesus taketh with him Peter, and James, and John, and leadeth them up into an high mountain apart by themselves: and he was transfigured before them. 3 And his raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow; so as no fuller on earth can white them. 4 And there appeared unto them Elias with Moses: and they were talking with Jesus. 5 And Peter answered and said to Jesus, Master, it is good for us to be here: and let us make three tabernacles; one for thee, and one for Moses, and one for Elias. 6 For he wist not what to say; for they were sore afraid. 7 And there was a cloud that overshadowed them: and a voice came out of the cloud, saying, This is my beloved Son: hear him.

2 Peter 1:11-18 - Published around 105 A.D.

11 For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. 12 Wherefore I will not be negligent to put you always in remembrance of these things, though ye know them, and be established in the present truth. 13 Yea, I think it meet, as long as I am in this tabernacle, to stir you up by putting you in remembrance; 14 Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me. 15 Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance. 16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. 18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.

And then there is the Revelation of Jesus Christ, written somewhere around 90 A.D.
Rev 1:8-11
8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. 9 I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God, and for the testimony of Jesus Christ. 10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, 11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

He goes on to say a lot more about Himself.

yazeed1906 said:
So are you implying that there is more than one GOD? and if so how do this other GODs compare in rank to your GOD.

There is only one GOD. Scholars of all three of the major faiths agree on that and the fact that it is the same GOD. What differs from each however are the details. Careful don't confuse soundbytes from sermons with what years of scholarly research and study...

you got that right. details in islam like fighting/killing non-believer/infidels until all are believers of islam.

Bartram said:
Is there a difference when you really look at them?

According to Pastor Ed Young:

Christians are the only one's whose Savior (Jesus Christ) is NOT still in the tomb. He has visited "the tomb". He said, check Muhammad's grave, he is still in there.

Dr H.. said:
Will anyone answer my questions concerning the Jews, Mormons, Jehovah Witness, Catholics and others, as it relates to their denial of Christ as the Savior? In fact the Catholics are the worst of the bunch. However, will “So Called” Christians continue to attack only the Muslims / Islam?

Based on the teachings of my sister who is a devout JW:
"Jesus was a good man". They teach them that they are the ONLY ones in "The Truth".

My father is a minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and when the JW's would come and ask if they could talk. He'd agree as long as they listened to his Word too. He'd tell them about Jesus Christ. They'd leave without giving him much info.

For more info on JWs: http://www.roca.org/oa/91/91k.htm

<font=1>
Jesus Christ. The same Council condemned the Arian heresy, which taught that Jesus Christ was created by God in time, and that He was unequal to God. Jehovah's Witnesses is basically a revival of this heresy, although they err even more grievously than the Arians in identifying Jesus Christ, God's first "creation," with the Archangel Michael. Witnesses teach that when He was born on earth, He "laid aside completely His spirit existence" and became a perfect human creature. At His baptism in the River Jordan, the Lord was chosen by Jehovah God and empowered by His Holy Spirit to be a prophet and Messiah, Jehovah's High Priest, the Christ. When He fulfilled His mission and died, being nailed to a stake (Witnesses abhor the cross as a pagan symbol), God rewarded Him with immortality. At Christ's resurrection, He dissolved into gases and was re-created a "glorious spirit," to be head of Jehovah's organization over the universe.

Witnesses support their repudiation of Christ as perfect God by pointing to John 1:1, which is erroneously translated in their Scripture to read: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god--i.e., a creature. Their translation of Colossians 1:16 is similarly altered: By means of Him all other things were created.

Holy Spirit. Witnesses deny the personhood of the Holy Spirit, teaching that lie is but "the invisible, active force of God.” In their Bible, “spirit” is never capitalized and is always referred to by impersonal pronouns: “it”, “which”.

Salvation. Christ "did not provide a true ransom for sins but merely gave man an opportunity to merit his salvation either now, or in the millennium?' [7] However, only the anointed class, limited to a literal 144,000 (Rev. 7:4-8), will reign with Christ in heaven. (This number was reached in 1935.) These alone are members of the Kingdom of God. All others who attain salvation, the "sheep," will inherit the earth which will become a new paradise. To merit salvation one must agree with the teachings of the Jehovah's Witnesses. Those who do not, the "goats." will cease to exist.
</font>

Sounds like you are a Moslem, if so, answer one question. Have you ever read the Koran?

Bartram said:
you got that right. details in islam like fighting/killing non-believer/infidels until all are believers of islam.

more people have died by the sword and advance of christianity than any other religion.

I won't even get into the African Holocaust (60 million plus)

J4J said:
According to Pastor Ed Young:

Christians are the only one's whose Savior (Jesus Christ) is NOT still in the tomb. He has visited "the tomb". He said, check Muhammad's grave, he is still in there.

Muhammad is not a "savior" in the sense that you are using it. It is the fact that he was an ordinary man...a man that could neither read nor write...a human being...and he brought forth the miracle of the Quran which foretold many of the scientific wonders not to be discover for 100s of years later.

dacontinent said:
He didn't need to. His Father validated Him.

The Gospel of Matthew was written somewhere around 84 A.D.
Matt 3:7-17

....(edited merely for space)

He goes on to say a lot more about Himself.

Again, whose words were these? Were they validated by many or a select few?

The Holy Quran was the final word given to us (THE WORLD). In the words of a friend...."you should read the Quran...it will scare the hell our of you." :p

Dr H.. said:

Sounds like you are a Moslem, if so, answer one question. Have you ever read the Koran?

lol, oops sorry missed this post^^ Yes, I am a Muslim. Yes, I read the Quran...as well as the Bible and Torah...

btw ...(for those that "speak" with disdain towards me as if I don't know what I am talking about....I lived as a Christian for 30 years...was even a minister in training ...until I was blessed with the truth of Islam.

My last comment on the issue

we could go on and on with this thread.

But for the sake of bandwith and swacpage family at large...the above post ^^^is my last comment in this thread.

Everyone is entitled to their own belief and their own life. One of the things that Islam has taught me is respect for others and their beliefs. Unlike some of my Christian friends I am not going to rant and rave, yell in your face that if you are not Christian you are going to hell. (or even more specific if you are not Cogic, not baptist ...etc ..etc.)

As a student of the society, WE ALL have a lot to learn.

Those who wish to engage more discussion (not finger pointing and "i am right you are wrong" isms) are more than welcome to contact me via PM (as some of you have already.

Whatever you believe....I hope you honestly believe it in your heart and practice in your daily life. Not because Pastor so and so said it. I know too many people that say that they are this that and the other and live life as heathens.

"its not whether you say you are muslim, christian or jew...it how you live your live and what you do."

If you are a Jew ...be the best Jew you can be. If you are Christian...walk in a Christlike fashion at all times. If you are Muslim...Fulfill your deen.

cause one thing is fa sho...

GOD IS GOOD. (or as we say Alhumdilah!!!)

yazeed1906 said:
Again, whose words were these? Were they validated by many or a select few?

The Holy Quran was the final word given to us (THE WORLD). In the words of a friend...."you should read the Quran...it will scare the hell our of you." :p

In Matthew and Mark, they were the Father's words. Peter reflected on them. In the Revelation, they were Jesus' words.

I really thought this would be rather straightforward. Maybe I was wrong about that.

In my own words to the congregation that I pastor, "You should read the Bible to see what God has to say about you. It will love the hell out of you."

lol, oops sorry missed this post^^ Yes, I am a Muslim. Yes, I read the Quran...as well as the Bible and Torah...

Who wrote the Koran (Qur'an) and why does Mohammed contradict himself?
This book (according to Mohammed) is suppose to be God's latest and most up-to-date revelation to man.

How do you explain Hebrews (1-4) this "focus" on Gods "Messenger = His Son = Christ" as being the messenger of His (Gods) final revelation. Without posting (5-15) this teach the Superiority of His Son (Jesus)

1] God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,

[2] Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;

[3] Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

[4] Being made so much better than the angels, as he hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.

[5] For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Briefly

Paul began his epistle with an verification of Jesus Christ's greatness. The text contrasts God's old revelation with the new, specifically by presenting God's Son as superior to all other previous modes of revelation. (Including that of Mohammed)

He is the "heir of all things." All things will fall under His authority.

He "made the world" (Gr. aiones, lit. "ages," the whole created universe of time and space). The Son was God's agent in creation (John 1:3; Col. 1:16). He created both matter and history.

Jesus Christ is not a created being, (as Mohammed)

He is the Creator of all. (Not Mohammed)

He is "the radiance of His glory." The Greek word apaugasma, translated "radiance," refers to what shines out from the source of light. Jesus Christ revealed the glory of God in a veiled way during His incarnation.

He is "the exact representation of His nature." The Greek word charakter, translated "representation. Greek writers used it to describe the emperor's pictureon Roman coins. It did not express a general likeness but an exact duplication of its die.

He "upholds all things by the word of His power" ( His mighty, enabling word). The idea is not so much that Jesus upholds the universe as a dead weight. But He carries all things forward (Gr. pheron) on their appointed course (Col. 1:17). Jesus Christ's word has tremendous power and authority. It is the greatest force in the universe (Gen. 1:3; ).

Can any of this be said about Mohammed

Luke 4:41

"Even the demons said: "You are the Christ, the Son if God"

Thus, the demons recognize the divinity of Jesus. Who or wht recognizes Mohammed, other than his followers.

Fortitude said:
I am blessed to know the truth of Jesus!

Me 2,

1906 will know him sooner or later.

Every :p will confess

Every Knee will :bowdown:

1906, you remind me of The Athenians in Acts 17.

yazeed1906 said:
again misunderstandings and misconceptions...not all christians believe that. In fact a good number don't. I find all of it interesting..especially considering christianity didn't even exist at the time of Jesus (PBUH) who was in fact not a christian.

I also recommend (HIGHLY) if one has not seen them the excellent documentaries available from the history channel....

banned books from the bible and

the gospel of judas

Saw it homie.

Unless you believe that Christ did for the remission of sin then you are not a Christian. You already know that Christ is the root (literally and figuratively) of Christianity. If you don't believe that then you aren't a Christian, I don't care what you consider yourself.

Jesus started Christianity and it was promulgated by his disciples (including Paul). Jesus was a Jew, of course but God's promise extends to Jews and Gentiles.

BTW, there are many books that aren't included in the bible but the basic tenants are still the same.

BIGCAT3000 said:
Saw it homie.

Unless you believe that Christ did for the remission of sin then you are not a Christian. You already know that Christ is the root (literally and figuratively) of Christianity. If you don't believe that then you aren't a Christian, I don't care what you consider yourself.

Jesus started Christianity and it was promulgated by his disciples (including Paul). Jesus was a Jew, of course but God's promise extends to Jews and Gentiles.

BTW, there are many books that aren't included in the bible but the basic tenants are still the same.

I'm no bibler, but would have to concure here. Between the two clearly Islam is such a sham, yet so deadly. And plus too, Islam in America is simply a defiant backlash to historical religious doctrine brought from Europe. It's like "yeah, i know Islam is not the true religion, but it is the religion of the third world and the only thing trying to stand up against christian/imperialist expansion/oppression and false missionary work that has infiltrated and raped almost every country on the planet for the benefit of the European nations and governments after the natural resources of other countries.". That may be so in many instances,, but breaking it down to pure religious doctrine, would have to give Christianity the edge over Islam.

Bartram said:
I'm no bibler, but would have to concure here. Between the two clearly Islam is such a sham, yet so deadly. And plus too, Islam in America is simply a defiant backlash to historical religious doctrine brought from Europe. It's like "yeah, i know Islam is not the true religion, but it is the religion of the third world and the only thing trying to stand up against christian/imperialist expansion/oppression and false missionary work that has infiltrated and raped almost every country on the planet for the benefit of the European nations and governments after the natural resources of other countries.". That may be so in many instances,, but breaking it down to pure religious doctrine, would have to give Christianity the edge over Islam.

There's no need to insult Muslims and their religion. I like to think you are being provocative in the above post and those judgemental comments do not represent you. "sham" "false" "deadly" "not the true religion" are words of religious intolerant.

Are you a Sunni or Shii Muslims?

Bartram

?Great Observation?

Those that became Muslims or embraced Islam in the United Stares were rebellious against the ?White Establishment, The Man, Honkey, etc, etc.? Most of these folks were totally void of Islam and was just jumping on the bandwagon, because it sounded good.

I agree with the Muslims ?rebelling against European Doctrine? Surprisingly, many think Christianity is a ?European Religion? it is not. Christianity, had its beginning on the African Continent long before Islam. Now it?s called the Middle East or Holy Land, but back since the beginning of the creation it was Africa or the Land of Ham.

I work with a lot of Muslims from Africa and the Middle East, whenever we talk about ?American Muslims? they laugh and say ?The are not Muslims and has not idea about being a Muslim and being a Muslim is more than just reading the Koran?

Then there was the back to Africa movement, Negros were wearing (Kitenge, Dashiki and Kangas) thinking that made them African. Again the Brothers and Sisters from Africa laughed at the American Blacks, thinking they were "African" .

Those were the days.

yazeed1906 said:
more people have died by the sword and advance of christianity than any other religion.

I won't even get into the African Holocaust (60 million plus)
Sorry brother but 1,000 years before any white man enslaved African arab muslims were doing it at numbers to high to count.I am so tired of the lie that slavery was tied to christianity when it was an act of ungodly men.Islam has no moral ground in the slavery issue as they not only enslaved Africans but they took our language,religion,women,and history.To make matters worse they still occupy african land treating africans as second class citizens even those that are of the faith.

BISON-2K1 said:
Sorry brother but 1,000 years before any white man enslaved African arab muslims were doing it at numbers to high to count.I am so tired of the lie that slavery was tied to christianity when it was an act of ungodly men.Islam has no moral ground in the slavery issue as they not only enslaved Africans but they took our language,religion,women,and history.To make matters worse they still occupy african land treating africans as second class citizens even those that are of the faith.

No my brother you don't understand.

The African Holocaust didn't end with slavery.

It's still going on.

No my brother you don't understand.

The African Holocaust didn't end with slavery.

It's still going on.

True

But, they are "Muslims" that's continuing the Holocaust. The sad part is it Muslims killing and raping other Muslims.

Dr H.. said:
True

But, they are "Muslims" that's continuing the Holocaust. The sad part is it Muslims killing and raping other Muslims.

nah doc...I am talking about good ole fashioned manifest destiny right here at home

Back