Important FYI! PLEASE READ!!

:lmao: Girl, my co-workers and I joke about this all the time. This guy on my job uses the word all the time.:lmao:

Vinita, Jelli, You mean like this.

I just read where bad boy Todd Bridges had signed on to do a couple of episodes of the Young and the Restless. Irregardess, I don't watch that soap anyway. Sorry, I can't coversate with you any more, I need to go and make me a (sandmich).:)

That's my pet peeve too!

The slaughtering of the King's English DAYUM!

And I hear A LOT of people saying irregardless and conversate! :lmao: Irregardless really irks me! They don't get it that the prefix "ir" is in the negative and so you cancel out the meaning of regardless when you put "ir" on there.

How about a lady in the beauty shop said she was putting on her scarf because it was cold out there and she didn't want to get LEUKEMIA!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure she meant pneumonia. :D :D :D

Vinita:
I will continue to use this word IRREGARDLESS of what you say. If refuse to CONVERSATE on this topic any further on a public forum. You may E-mail me with any further complaints. :D

That isht ain't funny. I heard that word about 54 times in a 20 minute conversation. I was ready to EXPLODE! :splat:

From Merriam-Webster.com

nonstandard : REGARDLESS
usage: Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that "there is no such word." There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. <font color=red>Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead. </font>

I guess it's about as bad as AIN'T, but I had never heard the damned word until someone used it in my Advanced Comp class in high school, and my teacher went on an endless diatribe about how it ain't *snicker* a damn word.

Shakespeare send help!

LOSTED?

I was on another board and a young lady said someone looked like they had "LOSTED" weight....

Re: That's my pet peeve too!

Originally posted by Seeing Spots

How about a lady in the beauty shop said she was putting on her scarf because it was cold out there and she didn't want to get LEUKEMIA!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sure she meant pneumonia. :D :D :D

LMAO

Girl you're killing me.

What about "lyletobe"?

<font color=red>You know.... If I hang out in South Central L.A. wearing the color red, I'm lyletobe shot to <b>deaf</b>....errr I mean <b>kilt</b>! :D</font>

No, DTOWN!

It is NOT a word, and should not be used, irregardless of whether or not you think it should!

No Problem!

You are very welcome, DTown! In its stead, you may use:

REGARDLESS OF: Women always run after him, regardless of the fact that he treats them like Suge.

OR

IRRESPECTIVE OF: Women always run after him, irrespective of the fact that he treats them like Suge.

Now stop being one of dem folks who done ruint the English language like you done losted your mind!

IRREGARDLESS, I'm going to continue to use the word 'cause

the Microsoft (r.) corporation deemed it acceptable in their Microsoft Word product (c. 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001). :p

Go to MS Word and check out spell checker. :D If the <b>programmers</b> made it acceptable for galaxy-wide distribution, then it's okay w/ moi. It's the Microsoft/IBM/Lucent/* standard vs the King's English standard :confused:.

Seriously, I know we need standards and guidelines to follow, but, in studying languages in the past, one of the things that I found out was that someone said something and it's popular and wide use caused it to go from a local/regional word to an accepted "norm" of sorts. Just look @ how pronunciations have evolved due to nasals or "mispronunciations." Case in point, the Latin word <i>tu</i>, sounds like a word where if the ancestry was drunk as all "L" out, they could EASILY mispronounce and say "you," "vous," "du" (sounds like do) and our genre have evolved that to "bu" :emlaugh: (sounds like 'boo') - i.e., <i>Come hea bu. That's my bu...:idea: :emlaugh:... Come hea you. Come hea tu. </i>

I'm rambling and sleepy as hell. IRREGARD ~snickle~ what I just typed up there ^^^^^^^^^^. LOL

So dayum Nita...

What's the pernt? I mean it's not like you ouva teacher and we not even murch working on our Phd like you so how come we cain't just talk lack we be talking. Dayum :goof:

Re: IRREGARDLESS, I'm going to continue to use the word 'cause

Originally posted by Panthro
the Microsoft (r.) corporation deemed it acceptable in their Microsoft Word product (c. 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001). :p

Go to MS Word and check out spell checker. :D If the <b>programmers</b> made it acceptable for galaxy-wide distribution, then it's okay w/ moi. It's the Microsoft/IBM/Lucent/* standard vs the King's English standard :confused:.

Seriously, I know we need standards and guidelines to follow, but, in studying languages in the past, one of the things that I found out was that someone said something and it's popular and wide use caused it to go from a local/regional word to an accepted "norm" of sorts. Just look @ how pronunciations have evolved due to nasals or "mispronunciations." Case in point, the Latin word <i>tu</i>, sounds like a word where if the ancestry was drunk as all "L" out, they could EASILY mispronounce and say "you," "vous," "du" (sounds like do) and our genre have evolved that to "bu" :emlaugh: (sounds like 'boo') - i.e., <i>Come hea bu. That's my bu...:idea: :emlaugh:... Come hea you. Come hea tu. </i>

I'm rambling and sleepy as hell. IRREGARD ~snickle~ what I just typed up there ^^^^^^^^^^. LOL

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Irregardless, Panthro, I will not use the word irregardless! And if you use it THERE WILL BE NO PILLOW TALK!

Back