IHL names preferred candidate for president opening at Jackson State

Weren't you one of the guys saying Toldson wasn't ready anyway? LOL
Na man. I may have been critical of Toldson for other stuff but that was not one of them. I was just noting the similiarities between the JSU and SU search processes.

I think for what we need right now, this dude will do fine at JSU. Im not not sure if he can top the Queen in innovation and "next level" thinking but we don't really need that right now. We grew a lot under the Queen. Right now, we just need stability. I think this dude can provide that. If he does more, which I doubt, that will be icing on the cake. But he will soon realize that improving JSU will not be like improving Valley. How do you improve the best HBCU in the nation? Let's see what he can do!

I would have thought that JSU may have thought of an alum.....

We didn't have the right alum ready at this time. Also, IHL is not supportive of JSU as they need to be. The Queen went to them YEARLY about lack of resources and in the end, when she did what she had to do, they let her take the fall ALONE. I wouldn't want an JSU alum in that position right now.

I don't understand Mr. Charlie (IHL). I know everyone wants to advance, why would you select a President form another university in the state? MVSU is financially sound and stable, give Bynum a raise that's closer to JSU's President's salary and let him remain at MVSU. Why do another President's search and destabilize MVSU?

I don't understand Mr. Charlie (IHL). I know everyone wants to advance, why would you select a President form another university in the state? MVSU is financially sound and stable, give Bynum a raise that's closer to JSU's President's salary and let him remain at MVSU. Why do another President's search and destabilize MVSU?
He applied for the job. If they excluded current employees how would that be fair to those within the state looking to upgrade their employment status?

He applied for the job.

That's the caveat in all of this. Sure we know IHL doesn't have any of our best interests in heart but they didn't just choose him. He applied for the job (which is my sore spot about this. You just hired the women's basketball coach (among other positions) with another homeboy hookup and then days later you announce your're gone.

He stabilized Valley (something that JSU folks NEED (stabilization) so I don't now why they're all on social media crying about this selection) and got enrollment up but JSU folks will have to keep him in line as far as athletics is concerned because he made it an afterthought at Valley (the new Gym was because of a previous administration not Bynum)

Last edited:
Back