If you had to build an all-star band what would you take from each othes's band?

Originally posted by World Famed
I'll give credit SU has done alot of things to help Black College Bands but look at what all GSU has done to set up good relations with HBSU Bands and people of all ethnic backgrounds. So all that I am saying is both GSU and SU have done alot. Yes we might have fell off as of late but watch out. We ar prepared to start back to our innovative ways.

I agree with that wholeheartedly. I truely hope that ya'll rise again (Not greater than us:D) Without ya'll the SWAC would not be what it is today. All I'm trying to say is that SU helped also. I'm not trying to get into a battle about who did more, but I'm just giving credit where credit is due.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Fasho dawg I feel you on your comment and it truly doesnt matter who has the most because it was all worth it because if it wasnt for those i the 60's 70's and early 80's who knows where we would be right now.

Trumpets - SU, JSU, PV,
Mellos - SU, PV, UAPB, TxSU
Bones - JSU, SU, TxSU, JSU
BTones - SU, SU, SU
Tubas - MVSU, AlaSU,TxSU,
Piccs - JSU, TxSU
Altos - PV, SU
Clarinets - UAPB,

woodwinds-PB,JSU,PV
trpts-JSU,PV,PB,SU
Mellos-PB,PV,SU,TSU
B-Tones-SU,PB,TSU,AAMU,JSU,and2 in particular fromGSU
Bones-PV,JSU,GSU,SU
Basses-PB,MVSU
Percussion-PV,PB,Al St.

Woodwinds-Famu(Man they have 60+Saxes, alot of clarinets and 20+piccalos. Who can ask for anything more.)
Mellophone-Southern 96 and UAPB 02
Trumpet-Southern 96 and Southern 92
Baritone Grambling 2000 and Southern 99
Trombone Grambling 02 and Southern 96
Tuba Grambling 02 and Grambling 97
Cymbals Grambling 99 andSouthern 96
Snare:Not really looking at a section, certain individuals
Tenor:Southern 96-Jeremy, Dre, Quick and Titus from Grambling
Bass Drum: Southern-Roy, Fat from St. Aug and Vegas and Kurt from Grambling

Drum Majors: A.D. and Mosquito from Grambling and T.J. and Xavier from Southern

First of all Grumbling basses should'nt be on the list after that raping they got in grumbling, they gone deny it but negroes from they own section said it themselves. Can we get a little respect for Bama State's percussion.

Originally posted by JEd
First of all Grumbling basses should'nt be on the list after that raping they got in grumbling, they gone deny it but negroes from they own section said it themselves. Can we get a little respect for Bama State's percussion.
I call it like I see it. No, No, No,. I was there when you all made your first apperance in the hole. No! your Tubas could not compete with the Silver Dogs. All you all did was shake shake shake shake shake shake shake shake shake shake shake shake shake shake shake... I was waiting in vain for a complete song. You too need to learn a musical concept which is called INTONATION!!! Just because your tubas was blowing to the top of their lungs doesn't mean that you all RAPED GRAMBLING. Tubas was not built to play out of CHARACTER like that. I will however give the percussion a couple of points due to the fact Mr. Oliver is a percussion major but, you are out of your leaque with Chocolate Thunder. Who ever told you that you all raped Grambling was evidently ignorant to musical concepts. When Dr. Lyle was there at ASU, you all was bad. You all use to wipe the floor with Tuskeegee. What in the world is going on now???

You need to talk to your own band about what u just said because yall sounded like hot garbage the whole game, I dont know if it was an off day for yall or what, but it was not good then u left right after the game was over, yall could have least shown a little respect for those high school bands at your own stadium.

hopefully this isn't a swac only question but my band would consist of

woodwinds- FAMU
trumpets- SU, JSU, AAMU,NSU
mellos- SU, JSU, UAPB
b-tones- TnSU, SU, JSU, FAMU
t-bones- JSU, SU,
tubas- TnSU, SU, UAPB, JSU,
Snares-TnSU,PV
tenors- JSU, UAPB
quads & quints- JSU, PV, UAPB
basses- TnSU, JSU
cymbals-TnSU, SU, JSU

Re: Re: If you had to build an all-star band what would you take from each othes's b

Originally posted by PsychoJag

Trumpets-SU, JSU, P.V.
Mellos-SU, UAPB, AAMU
B-tones-SU, AAMU, UAPB
Trombones-SU, AAMU, JSU
Tubas-GSU, TxSU, Bama St
Piccs-JSU
Clarinets-UAPB
Saxes-SU
Percussion-P.V., UAPB, SU

Buddy you are pretty accurate!:flippy:

Originally posted by BLAQUE PRINCE

:topic:

Wondering what this has to do with an all-star band.

To me it matters not who orginated what. If you suck today then YOU SUCK plain and simple. The past has little to do with current ability to come out of a battle victorious.

George W. Carver invented peanut butter. Now who do you think would have the better peanut butter today...him or Jiff, Skippy, and Peter Pan????

I second that motion:smash:

Originally posted by World Famed
I'll give credit SU has done alot of things to help Black College Bands but look at what all GSU has done to set up good relations with HBSU Bands and people of all ethnic backgrounds. So all that I am saying is both GSU and SU have done alot. Yes we might have fell off as of late but watch out. We ar prepared to start back to our innovative ways.

Everybody's band has done some thing to make a change in someone program, even if it be there own. Names are just being put out there because of popularity. Many other band haves overcame and originated for some reason not just because two forces cause others to imitate. If you think of it that way, .IMITATION IS A FORM OF FLATTERY. So be flattered and move on:bump:

just a reply to the comment not personaly to you.

Originally posted by shy psi
woodwinds-PB,JSU,PV
trpts-JSU,PV,PB,SU
Mellos-PB,PV,SU,TSU
B-Tones-SU,PB,TSU,AAMU,JSU,and2 in particular fromGSU
Bones-PV,JSU,GSU,SU
Basses-PB,MVSU
Percussion-PV,PB,Al St.

Trumpets, Kevin be real. (UAPB)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Originally posted by JEd
You need to talk to your own band about what u just said because yall sounded like hot garbage the whole game, I dont know if it was an off day for yall or what, but it was not good then u left right after the game was over, yall could have least shown a little respect for those high school bands at your own stadium.
Yes, I didn't like the fact that we left before the High School Bands went on but we had to get back in time to eat in the cafe before it closed. I know those kids wanted to perform in front of the band and yes it is rude. Some of the directors stayed even though I'm sure those kids wanted us to stay. We really need to plan that more better next year. For your other statement, well, let me just say that in life there are some things that we just don't have no control over. I can only be represented from a consumer's point of view.

WELL THIS IS A GOOD TOPIC.

WOODWINDS ANYBODIES
TRUMPETS-UAPB, SU, JSU, AND AAMU
MELLOPHONES- UAPB, SU, AAMU
B-TONES- UAPB,JSU, SU
T-BONES- SU, JSU, ASU
TUBES-UABP,MVSU,ASU, SU
PERCUSSION:
SNARE-UAPB,JSU,ASU
TENOR-UAPB,JUS (MightyMouse01 i agree)
Quads-JSU,Txsu
Cymbals-UAPB,SU,ASU
Bass Drums-JSU,TxSu,ASU,UAPB

Ok let's do this right

Drum majors - PV, TxSU, and Old JSU
Wood winds - SU (piccolo) and PV saxes
Trumpets - PV, SU, JSU
Mellophones- JSU , GSU , SU
Trombones - PV, TxSU, SU
Baritones - PV SU
Tubas- first of all you have to play stainless steal in my all-star band so: PV, AAMU, Old JSU , TxSU
Drums: BOX (and good drummers can be alternates from other bands)

Dancers - new "Black Foxes" , Dancing Dolls J- settes and Golden Girls

Back