If you had to build an all-star band what would you take from each othes's band?

To make an All-star Swac Band, Vs. All-star Meac band, I would use,

SU, GSU B-tones,

P.V.U., U.A.P.B, TxSu,- mellophones,

J-State, JSU, AAMU, -Trumpets.

MVSU,ASU,- Tubas

JSU, TXSU, P.V.U.,- Bones

U.A.P.B.- Clarinets

SU- Saxophones

TXSU -flutes

P.V Snares, GSU tenors, TXSU Quads & quints, JSU bass drummers

TXSU- Drum-majors

I think that would be a cold azz All-star marching band for the SWAC.

Originally posted by Harmonical Phrase
To make an All-star Swac Band, Vs. All-star Meac band, I would use,

SU, GSU B-tones,

P.V.U., U.A.P.B, TxSu,- mellophones,

J-State, JSU, AAMU, -Trumpets.

MVSU,ASU,- Tubas

JSU, TXSU, P.V.U.,- Bones

U.A.P.B.- Clarinets

SU- Saxophones

TXSU -flutes

P.V Snares, GSU tenors, TXSU Quads & quints, JSU bass drummers

TXSU- Drum-majors

I think that would be a cold azz All-star marching band for the SWAC.

Trumpets-SU, JSU, P.V.
Mellos-SU, UAPB, AAMU
B-tones-SU, AAMU, UAPB
Trombones-SU, AAMU, JSU
Tubas-GSU, TxSU, Bama St
Piccs-JSU
Clarinets-UAPB
Saxes-SU
Percussion-P.V., UAPB, SU

Trumpets - SU, TxSU, PV,JSU
Mellos - TxSU, SU, UAPB
Bones - PV, SU, TxSU, JSU
BTones - AAMU, PV, SU
Tubas - TxSU, UAPB, Bama St.
Piccs - JSU
Altos - PV, SU
Clarinets - UAPB, JSU

I think you all need to hear about an an world band, combine SU- Human Juke Box and JSU-Sonic Boom of the South. All other bands are just trying to catch up. THE MIGHTY BOOM BOX

That has to be one of the most ignorant statements I have seen on here in quite some time.

I can see why you would say that the statement was ignorant, since I didn't mention PVU. Remember, this is just my opinion don't get so upset. I think SU and JSU are the best bands in the land, therefore I stated my case. I didn't include Prairie View, because I simply know that SU and JSU are the best and most exciting bands around.

I never said you should have included us. You shouldn't take yourself or my comments so seriously. There is a such thing as sarcasm. It ain't that crucial buuuuuuuuuuuuuuddy.

Originally posted by s phi s
Trumpets - SU, TxSU, PV,JSU
Mellos - TxSU, SU, UAPB
Bones - PV, SU, TxSU, JSU
BTones - AAMU, PV, SU
Tubas - TxSU, UAPB, Bama St.
Piccs - JSU
Altos - PV, SU
Clarinets - UAPB, JSU

I couldn't have said it better myself.

WOODWINDS- UAPB , JSU
TRUMPETS- SU,JSU
MELLOPHONES- AAMU, UAPB
B-TONES- SU,TXSU
TROMBONES- MVSU,SU
TUBAS-MVSU,TXSU
SNARES-MVSU,PV
TENORS- JSU,PV
BASS DRUM- JSU,SU

woodwinds-JSU UAPB ASU
tumpets- JSU SU
Mellphones- AAMU SU UAPB
b-tones- ALCORN, TXSU
tubas- MVSU AAMU
snares- PV ALCORN JSU
tenors- jSU PV
QUAD & Quins- JSU ALCORN
cymbals- ALAst UAPB
bass drum JSU

dancers -JSU Alcorn SU
Drum majors- JSU Alcorn
twilers -JSU Alcorn

With the exception of Tenn. St, FAMU and Grambling are the originators of Black College Band innovations. Everyone else copied of of them.

Originally posted by Legend35
With the exception of Tenn. St, FAMU and Grambling are the originators of Black College Band innovations. Everyone else copied of of them.

WTF??? I agree that TnSU, FAMU, and GSU are innovators BUT!!!!! U can't leave SU off of that list because SU is the most imitated HBCU band including FAMU. Even GSU copies off of us now. LMAO!!!!!

Again???!!!

Originally posted by PsychoJag

WTF??? I agree that TnSU, FAMU, and GSU are innovators BUT!!!!! U can't leave SU off of that list because SU is the most imitated HBCU band including FAMU. Even GSU copies off of us now. LMAO!!!!!

We all know that EVERYONE copies or makes a variation on a theme. It's part of what the evolution of music is about.

Enjoy it. It makes us all better

Re: Again???!!!

Originally posted by dacontinent

We all know that EVERYONE copies or makes a variation on a theme. It's part of what the evolution of music is about.

Enjoy it. It makes us all better

Wassup dacontinent? I'm not talking about a song. I'm talking about style of arranging mainly.

Originally posted by COACH

According to ???

To anyone who has eyes and ears. Look at all of the black high school bands it's either SU or FAMU. Some even sound like JSU but no GSU

Look at alot of SWAC and some MEAC bands alot of stuff that we are known for some of the SWAC including GSU have adopted those concepts.

No one has imitated GSU has much as SU.

Originally posted by Legend35

:topic:

Wondering what this has to do with an all-star band.

To me it matters not who orginated what. If you suck today then YOU SUCK plain and simple. The past has little to do with current ability to come out of a battle victorious.

George W. Carver invented peanut butter. Now who do you think would have the better peanut butter today...him or Jiff, Skippy, and Peter Pan????

Originally posted by BLAQUE PRINCE

:topic:

Wondering what this has to do with an all-star band.

To me it matters not who orginated what. If you suck today then YOU SUCK plain and simple. The past has little to do with current ability to come out of a battle victorious.

George W. Carver invented peanut butter. Now who do you think would have the better peanut butter today...him or Jiff, Skippy, and Peter Pan????

lol that's true.

Originally posted by BLAQUE PRINCE

Uhhhh, I thought it was just peanuts.....

But I get your point though!!! :D

SO EVERYONE THAT BLOWS LOUD AND HAS 95% BRASS IS TRYING TO BE LIKE su. OKAY!!!!
WHEN I. GREGGS WAS TEACHING GRADE SCHOOL IN SHREVEPORT I WONDER WHERE HE WAS GETTING HIS IDEAS FROM??????

I would just like to say that alot of things we(GSU) started first. Example GSU's first fight song was I'm So Glad and GSU also came up with Rocks The House you know the one JSU uses. Also we came up with the song SWAC which all of the SWAC schools play but my dream band would be.
Woodwinds-------JSU
Trumpets----------SU, A&M, UAPB
Mellos--------------SU, UAPB, JSU, ASU
T-bones-----------JSU, PV, GSU
B-Tones-----------SU, GSU, UAPB
Tubas-------------GSU, UAPB, Tx. South. JSU<--------Maybe
Drums-------------PV, JSU

DM JSU

WOODWINDS JSU

TRUMPETS JSU AAMU SU

TROMBONES JSU PV TXSU

MELLOS SU PV AAMU

BTONES JSU SU

TUBAS AAMU SU

PERCUSSION JSU PV

Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI
SO EVERYONE THAT BLOWS LOUD AND HAS 95% BRASS IS TRYING TO BE LIKE su. OKAY!!!!
WHEN I. GREGGS WAS TEACHING GRADE SCHOOL IN SHREVEPORT I WONDER WHERE HE WAS GETTING HIS IDEAS FROM??????

If u read like I know u can I said arranging not instrumentation but yeah u named another aspect. I'm not taking anything from Hutch but that man would be shame of the gsu band today. What about the 5th quarter who started that??? SU/Alcorn give credit where credit is due. Be honest for once in your life Mach

I'll give credit SU has done alot of things to help Black College Bands but look at what all GSU has done to set up good relations with HBSU Bands and people of all ethnic backgrounds. So all that I am saying is both GSU and SU have done alot. Yes we might have fell off as of late but watch out. We ar prepared to start back to our innovative ways.

Back