If Jesus Was Found To Be Black?.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously why is this even a discussion? Jesus was born to a Jew. He was neither black nor white. Egyptians are people of color, yes. However Egyptians tend to be more like other people of the Mediterranien and Middle East area. That is why they were able to hide amongst the Egyptians.

Jesus did not hide in the wealthy houses of Egypt. By the time of Jesus' birth the upper houses in Egypt were mixed because of the invasions. The mixing was not evident among the rank and rile Egyptian, which Jesus was able to blend with. The Egyptians today do not look like those who built the pyramids. Sadat was referred to as the first true pharoh in centuries because he looked like the Origianl Egyptians.

Color only matters because one group used color as a propaganda tool to not only turn the world against another group, but to turn that group against itself. The propaganda of color was used to fuel self hate.

I have seen dipictions of both what I will call a Caucasian Jesus (far more) and a Negro Jesus. I have seen a number of Middle Eastern Jesus as well. What are all of these? They are artist renderings. We can draw him any way we want him to be depicted.

We KNOW that there are Jews whose skin pigments and hair textures vary as widely as Caucasians and Negroes in the USA. As MikeBigg pointed out, the family of Jesus fit in with the Egyptians.

I was never taught that Jesus was Black or White - NEVER. Not by AME, Church Of God, COGIC, Southern Baptist, nor Pentecostal Holiness. I have never been asked to draw a picture of Jesus - not in "the card class" nor any time since. The Scriptures nor the historians (prominently Philo and Josephus) never address it. We can really find no evidence of it having mattered during His earthly existence. We also know that the "...Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia, Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes, Cretes and Arabians,..." varied in skin color as much as we do today and were all in Jerusalem for the first Pentecost after his Resurrection and constituted the base of the first church - and race did not matter.

Paul, the apostle to the Gentiles, wrote this of himself:

Phil 3:1-15
3:1 Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe.
2 Beware of dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision.3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.
4 Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more:
5 Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as touching the law, a Pharisee ;
6 Concerning zeal, persecuting the church; touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless.
7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
15 Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.​

So, he was clear that things like this could come up and he warned us against them. Consequently, I preach that. He also wrote these:

1 Cor 12:12-14

12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free ; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
14 For the body is not one member, but many.​

and

Gal 3:26-29

26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed , and heirs according to the promise.​

and

Col 3:9-15
9 Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
10 And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
11 Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian , Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
12 Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
13 Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.​

Those classical pictures of Jesus as a Euro are only lies as they are "accepted" as being authentic...as are the ones depicting Him as an African. Everyone with a brain, the ability to read, and possessing a concept of centuries knows that there have been NO portraits presented of persons who lived during that time. So, when it comes to such pictures, we simply address it with the truth: none of us has a clue; we will find out when we see Him...not that it will matter.

The folks in our congregation are Caucasian, African-American, Cuban, Puerto Rican, Haitian, Jamaican, Nicaraguan, Venezuelan, Columbian, and Honduran. They understand that the truth about Christ will not allow for separation by race, lineage, nationality, economics, etc. I teach Christ like banks teach tellers: recognize the authentic so identifying the counterfeit is really simple.

The Jamaican guy (not a member of our church) who painted the mural of Christ that stretches the entire breadth of our sanctuary painted Him ... Middle Eastern ... with no input from anyone.

I understand all those things very well, but the question pose (as I see it ) is one asking/imagining what the establish so-called majority reaction would be and while there may be a few churches whose congregation may understand that wisdom the vast majority in this country don't.

I remebered sitting at home one sunday and watching one of my favorite minister on tv out of atl. who happens to be white,That sunday for whatever reason he was speaking on people image/view of Jesus.

His congregation happens to be majority Angelo-Saxon upper-middle class, he went on to talk about how people come up with neat cliches an attach them to Jesus as if to say we know this to be certain and right in the middle of his comments he stopped and said "now let's be very clear and cetain on one thing, the image that we have seen and come to know Jesus as over the years isn't what Jesus looked like. He is not blonde haired of blue eyed".

I thought that to be not only spiritually enlightening for some people but also very brave.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I understand all those things very well, but the question pose (as I see it ) is one asking/imagining what the establish so-called majority reaction would be and while there may be a few churches whose congregation may understand that wisdom the vast majority in this country don't.

I suppose that there will be a number of things that will surprise us in heaven. We will see some folks there that we did not expect and vice versa. As to the response to Jesus and what he will look like - Black, White, Middle Eastern, or otherwise, the answer is very simple: TOTAL AWE!!!

He is going to take our breath away.

Seriously why is this even a discussion? Jesus was born to a Jew. He was neither black nor white. Egyptians are people of color, yes. However Egyptians tend to be more like other people of the Mediterranien and Middle East area. That is why they were able to hide amongst the Egyptians.

I think the Muslims did it right by not allowing picture to be drawn of Muhammed. Doing so only incites anger because the artist will give him features that HE identifies with. Thus you get White Jesus with flowing hair and Black Jesus with the mini fro.

Why is this even being talked about? I'll tell you why it's being talked about.
If this religion called Christianity is supposed to be based on love, yet the supposed keepers of the religion have a bias and hate in their heart toward a people due to race, that should immediately raise a red flag, especially to people of color.

If most people would do their history, they would be familiar with the fact that Christianity has dozens of similarities to other so-clled pagan religions around the world which existed hundreds of years before Christianity came on the scene such as Buddhism, Hinduism, Mithraism, Egyptian, Chaldean and others.

Some similarities are: their savior was born of a virgin; many were crucified; most had a miraculous birth; most were called "son of God; born on December 25th; stars figured at the birth of several of them as well as angels, shepherds and magi; many claimed to be of royal descent; their lives were threatened at infancy by the ruler of the country; several gave early proof of divinity; many claimed their kingdom was not of this world; many claimed to have risen from the dead; many claimed to have ascended back to heaven; most of these saviors were portrayed as Black or dark skinned, and on and on and on.
All one has to do is his/her research on the subject.

For some odd reason, the keepers of Christianity (Roman Catholic Church), chose to KEEP the above characteristics of it's savior, but conveniently chose to change his color from a dark skinned person to a White person, presumably not out of "love for humanity" but for other dishonest motives, i.e., power and love of money and control of the masses.

Is it kind of odd that Christ and Christianity would have so many similarities to other "saviors" and religions, yet when it comes to race, his complexion suddenly changes? Is this a coincidence or what? History says otherwise.

Simply put, the rulers of the Catholic Church perhaps knew in their heart that White European folks would NEVER knowingly bow down to a Black/dark skinned deity, especially after the onset of colonialism, so what did they do? They decided to keep many of the doctrines borrowed from other religions, but changed the color of the "messiah" from a Black/dark skinned deity to White.

Again, all one has to do is his/her research.

Last edited:
Why is this even being talked about? I'll tell you why it's being talked about.
If this religion called Christianity is supposed to be based on love, yet the supposed keepers of the religion have a bias and hate in their heart toward a people due to race, that should immediately raise a red flag, especially to people of color.

If most people would do their history, they would be familiar with the fact that Christianity has dozens of similarities to other so-clled pagan religions around the world which existed hundreds of years before Christianity came on the scene such as Buddhism, Hinduism, Mithraism, Egyptian, Chaldean and others.

Some similarities are: their savior was born of a virgin; many were crucified; most had a miraculous birth; most were called "son of God; born on December 25th; stars figured at the birth of several of them as well as angels, shepherds and magi; many claimed to be of royal descent; their lives were threatened at infancy by the ruler of the country; several gave early proof of divinity; many claimed their kingdom was not of this world; many claimed to have risen from the dead; many claimed to have ascended back to heaven; most of these saviors were portrayed as Black or dark skinned, and on and on and on.
All one has to do is his/her research on the subject.

For some odd reason, the keepers of Christianity (Roman Catholic Church), chose to KEEP the above characteristics of it's savior, but conveniently chose to change his color from a dark skinned person to a White person, presumably not out of "love for humanity" but for other dishonest motives, i.e., power and love of money and control of the masses.

Is it kind of odd that Christ and Christianity would have so many similarities to other "saviors" and religions, yet when it comes to race, his complexion suddenly changes? Is this a coincidence or what? History says otherwise.

Simply put, the rulers of the Catholic Church perhaps knew in their heart that White European folks would NEVER knowingly bow down to a Black/dark skinned deity, especially after the onset of colonialism, so what did they do? They decided to keep many of the doctrines borrowed from other religions, but changed the color of the "messiah" from a Black/dark skinned deity to White.

Again, all one has to do is his/her research.

True.

If this religion called Christianity is supposed to be based on love, yet the supposed keepers of the religion have a bias and hate in their heart toward a people due to race, that should immediately raise a red flag, especially to people of color

SINCE Christianity is based on love, what difference does it make what color Jesus was?

If you believe that He died for the sins of ALL people in ALL people groups and others are not on-board with that, what should we do with those others? Beyond presenting the arguments based on the scriptures and exposing people to the truth, what is there?

Crusades? Been done. Gihad? Been done. Murder their children and rape their women? Wait, no way to justify those...but they have been done. Concentration camps? Been done.

Speaking the truth in love. Hmm...I will stick with that one.

By the way...what if...what if...Jesus was found to be White? What should we do then?

SINCE Christianity is based on love, what difference does it make what color Jesus was?

If you believe that He died for the sins of ALL people in ALL people groups and others are not on-board with that, what should we do with those others? Beyond presenting the arguments based on the scriptures and exposing people to the truth, what is there?

Crusades? Been done. Gihad? Been done. Murder their children and rape their women? Wait, no way to justify those...but they have been done. Concentration camps? Been done.

By the way...what if...what if...Jesus was found to be White? What should we do then?

Folks can talk all of this love stuff until they're blue in the face, but if it's not practiced in the heart, it means nothing. By their fruits, you will know them.

I doubt if most Black people or people of color would have much of a problem with Christ being found to be White because it's not ingrained in MOST (I did say most) of our psyche not to really care about a person's race, unless we've been contaminated by colonialist type racism.

Heck, most of us were taught and programmed to believe that Jesus was White, so it wouldn't be that foreign to us. Many, if not most Black folks still worship him regardless.

I don't think it's important what color Jesus was,......but a misrepresentation of the truth is define as a lie. The painting with the Blonde-haired blue eyed Jesus is a misrepresentation of the truth. So if the Anglos can create/make/paint pictures depicting Jesus as being Anglo with blue eyes, blonde hair, etc, I choose to believe the truth meaning that Jesus was a person of color as described in the bible.

Last edited:
The bible teaches nationhood and prophecy is based on nations. If you do not understand who the nations mentioned in the bible are today, you CANNOT understand prophecy. Therefore the Word of God (who is Christ) sounds like so much Thees and Thous.

This is the passage that I preached from today.

Gal 3:21-29

21 Is the law then against the promises of God? God forbid: for if there had been a law given which could have given life, verily righteousness should have been by the law.
22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed , and heirs according to the promise.

Rom 3:
1 What advantage then hath the Jew? or what profit is there of circumcision? 2 Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God. 3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect? 4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

Click Verse for Commentary Notes

Heb 8:8
For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

The new covenant is with Jacob only. For they own the promise of Abraham. If Christ is not white, how did his cousins (Jews) become so? If you know the answer to that, you know the worst kept secret in the world.

What is the love of which you speak?

We all have a date with destiny:

Hebrews 9:27. And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.

There is only ONE who will Judge:

John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son.

Lets us not be sidetracked with trivial pursuits, such is Satan's greatest weapon, to steer us on a path of useless debate. Let us be wise to the benefits of knowing Jesus as our personal savior, such knowledge would merit much more in terms of our eternal soul.

The most important Question we should ask (and continue to ask) ourselves "Do I know Jesus"

Good Day and God Bless

We all have a date with destiny:

Hebrews 9:27. And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.

There is only ONE who will Judge:

John 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son.

Lets us not be sidetracked with trivial pursuits, such is Satan's greatest weapon, to steer us on a path of useless debate. Let us be wise to the benefits of knowing Jesus as our personal savior, such knowledge would merit much more in terms of our eternal soul.

The most important Question we should ask (and continue to ask) ourselves "Do I know Jesus"

Good Day and God Bless

So understanding scripture and prophecy is useless debate?

So understanding scripture and prophecy is useless debate?

No. What gave you the impression that I think understanding scripture and prophecy is useless?

My point was to refocus on a more pressing issue. What I post will not send anyone to Hell...Not knowing Jesus will.

• Do you feel a debate on "Jesus is Black or how other will feel if He is Black" has more value than Knowing HIM as Savior?
  • When we stand before Christ, will it matter if someone else hate the fact that Jesus may have been black?

We will stand before Christ and be Judged alone, not for what other have done nor what others have done to us.

Bible warns us (us who are Christians) not to be consumed by trivial matters which does little to build up the Church.

1 Timothy 1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

Good Day and God Bless

See this is the problem when you start to ask basic questions about institutionalize`racism and Christianity.

People start veering off into what God, said, what Moses said, what John said and etc., which has nothing to do with the topic at hand which is "If Jesus Was Found To Be Black?......."

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
See this is the problem when you start to ask basic questions about institutionalize`racism and Christianity.

People start veering off into what God, said, what Moses said, what John said and etc., which has nothing to do with the topic at hand which is "If Jesus Was Found To Be Black?......."

Interesting...

Maybe if we start with "what God, said, what Moses said, what John said and etc.", we would not be so consumed with racism. We allow racism to be a mental stumbling block which does more to hold us back than the actual act of racism. God, which I veer off to, did not make me be a servant of no man, neither will I choose to be.

1 John 4:4. Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he (Jesus) that is in you, than he (a racism person) that is in the world.

try veering off sometimes, than you will live life as an overcomer, not as a person defeated or consumed by racism...

Good Day and God Bless

I have never been able to understand that. It seems as if we have a great fear of knowledge. Maybe it's because we don't want to face the reality that God may require more out of us when we know the truth.

I have never been able to understand that. It seems as if we have a great fear of knowledge. Maybe it's because we don't want to face the reality that God may require more out of us when we know the truth.

What knowledge are you refering to? What truth?

Good Day and God Bless

God, which I veer off to, did not make me be a servant of no man, neither will I choose to be.

I'm going to veer for a minute. If we as Christians are to follow the example of Jesus then we are to be servants to man. This is what Jesus did while telling the TRUTH and strongly condemning the enemies of God and truth to their faces. He didn't let evil doers off the hook.

Race should not be an issue, but it is because it was made one. "Honor thy father and thy mother that thy days may be long upon the earth". The Europeans know who their fathers and mothers are and have not honored them. Only truth can destroy falsehood.

What knowledge are you refering to? What truth?

Good Day and God Bless

For starters:

(1) Jesus was Black.
(2) These people who call themselves Jews today are not the origianl Jews.
(3) You can get the recessive from the dominant, but you can't get the dominant from the recessive.

Interesting...

Maybe if we start with "what God, said, what Moses said, what John said and etc.", we would not be so consumed with racism. We allow racism to be a mental stumbling block which does more to hold us back than the actual act of racism. God, which I veer off to, did not make me be a servant of no man, neither will I choose to be.

1 John 4:4. Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he (Jesus) that is in you, than he (a racism person) that is in the world.

try veering off sometimes, than you will live life as an overcomer, not as a person defeated or consumed by racism...

Good Day and God Bless

I fully appreciate what you're saying but with all due respect you're just perpetuating exactly what I'm referring to.

While any topic that has to do with the teachings of God (as we know it)`is spiritual in nature people tend to get to caught up in spirituality when sometimes a small dose of common sense and science is needed.

Each time this happens it avoids the real issue and never try to address the original question and that is why did so many millions spend so much time effort and billions to perpetuate a lie.

Did they do it just so they could feel more comfortable praising a God that resembles them? I think not, that's far to simple and Satan is far more devious than that.

To accept that rationale would be to accept the reason they took a nation of people and separated them from any trace of their heritage, made it virtually impossible to to have any idea of who they really are (spiritually) just because they had nothing better to do.

The majority of religious leaders rather veer off and make this a question about faith when it has nothing to do with faith at all but following Gods command to seek the truth.

It may be because they fear finding that they have fallen short in their duties, just fear, or simply that they just don't know.

Whatever the reason is, the question will linger on until it's answer, Jesus return, or we meet God.

Last edited:
For starters:

(1) Jesus was Black.
(3) You can get the recessive from the dominant, but you can't get the dominant from the recessive.

4) Why we are the most hated people on earth
5) The oracles are God are promised unto us and we will judge the other tribes of the earth
6) the kingdom is built for us. Each of the 12 gates (referred to as pearly gates) has the name of a tribe of Jacob.

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life." John 3:16

We as Christians do our best to show that same love. :kiss::kiss::kiss:

1Jo 5:2 -
By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

1Jo 5:3 -
For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Jas 2:8 -
If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

1Jo 3:4 -
Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

1Jo 5:17 -
All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

Love is defined as keeping the commandments. Loving thy brother is defined as treating him lawfully and providing him reproof and correction regarding breaking the law. Love is the opposite of sin, as sin is breaking the law. As we teach people to have love and sin not, we have to be mindful to teach the laws of God, as sin and love have no meaning without the law.

For starters:

(1) Jesus was Black.

• OK, Let us assume you are right. Then What?
  • How does this benefit anyone?
  • Is it not better to know Jesus as your savior, than to Just know him as a Black man?
  • Would a Black Jesus also be a savior of All men (even white men)?

The greater question is "Does Jesus know ME?"​

Mark my word, one day that question will be answered!

Good Day and God Bless

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back