i-Pods

I have a 30 gig I bought this time last year. I have over 3500 songs and between 20 and 40 house mixes that average 1 hour and 10 minutes a piece. I also have 3 Joyce Meyer shows on there as well. I didn't like the sound quality of the Sansa 4 gig. The I Pod does have the accessory(sp) market on lock though. The other brands don't have a variety of third party companies.

ok thanks! :tup:

it sho beats cds. man i can't even lie, i swear the ipod/itunes has enhanced my sex life. :lmao: i have screw session mixes that last several hours. so there are no worries about disc changin and etc.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I don't even listen to CD's in my car anymore. I plug my Ipod into my car connection and cruise.

But the new Ipods that are 80gigs are less than $200!

Where you getting a 80gig for less than $200?

Maybe you thinking a 8gig for that price.

I would get a regular mp3 player over an ipod... honestly they all do the same thing if you just want to listen to music. Last I heard ipods dont have radio tuners on them. Most mp3 players you can download music to and they have a radio tuner, so you can listen to the radio also... and they are MUCH cheaper. With an Ipod you are paying for a name.

Yep, I have a Sony MP3 player that has the FM tuner on it,.everyone else in my house has a Ipod. I like what I have since I can listen to the radio on it. I take it the football games so I can listen to the game while sitting in the stands and since it has a digital tuner it is much easier to get the frequency. I have a FM radio adapter so I can also listen to it in my truck over my stereo system.

Sonny, I have a 30 gig ipod with about 4500 songs, 5 movies, a few podcasts, and 9 videos, and thats just a little more than half full. But the new Ipods that are 80gigs are less than $200!

I need more gigs then.
I listen and LOVE alot of different kinds of music. Im at my limit on my mini now with 993 songs.

I need MORE space.

Apple iPod Classic vs. Microsoft Zune 80

It doesn't get much more epic than this. The Apple iPod Classic is the undisputed (until now) titan of high-capacity MP3 players, with a rich legacy dating back to 2001. Its rival, the Microsoft Zune, stepped on the scene only a year ago and was promptly cast as an ugly duckling. In its latest incarnation, the Zune 80, Microsoft has finally presented a worthy challenger to the iPod dynasty. Unlike the original 30GB Zune, which had the aesthetic charm of a bar of soap, the Zune 80 is capable of competing not just on features, but design as well.

I need more gigs then.
I listen and LOVE alot of different kinds of music. Im at my limit on my mini now with 993 songs.

I need MORE space.

It depends. Space is space. If a typical .mp3 file averages 6Megs, then you will get 166 songs per gig. If all of your files take advantage of the proprietary Apple format, which is about half the file size, then you will get about 400 songs per gig.

So a 30 gig will hold about 3000 to 5000 .mp3 songs or 7,500 to 10,000 in the Apple format.

A 2 hour video file in the .mp4 format is about 400 Mg to 600 Mg. My kid has about 20 of her favorite movies on her iPod, which takes up about 12 Gig, and she has 18 gig for her songs and she has about 1000 songs on there and about 10 Gig free.

All this gig talk and different kinds of ipods and mp3s is about to make me keep my old, 1999 FM/AM radio headset and call it a day! :lol:

Where you getting a 80gig for less than $200?

Maybe you thinking a 8gig for that price

Alady friend of mine purchased one for $199 the day after Thanksgiving, at Target on S. Main in Houston. Walmart had the same price advertised, though I don't know if that price was time sensitive.

Jug, to be on the safe side, its best to shop around on Bestbuy.com, walmart.com, target.com, amazon.com, circuitcity.com etc etc.

Apple iPod Classic vs. Microsoft Zune 80

It doesn't get much more epic than this. The Apple iPod Classic is the undisputed (until now) titan of high-capacity MP3 players, with a rich legacy dating back to 2001. Its rival, the Microsoft Zune, stepped on the scene only a year ago and was promptly cast as an ugly duckling. In its latest incarnation, the Zune 80, Microsoft has finally presented a worthy challenger to the iPod dynasty. Unlike the original 30GB Zune, which had the aesthetic charm of a bar of soap, the Zune 80 is capable of competing not just on features, but design as well.

From this article, it seems that the Zune still has music format compatiblity issues (not a broad range of options as the Ipod). To me besides sound quality, that's the make or break point of making a purchase. A FM tuner is nice AM/FM would be better, but if I can't put my mixes on there, it's not worth the money.

From this article, it seems that the Zune still has music format compatiblity issues (not a broad range of options as the Ipod). To me besides sound quality, that's the make or break point of making a purchase. A FM tuner is nice AM/FM would be better, but if I can't put my mixes on there, it's not worth the money.

Actually I ran into a rep when i was in best-buy trying to decide which one to purchase and he told me that had been updated. In fact i found out that the new Zune is the only player that accept everybody's software, so you can download music/video from anywhere.

Also when you pay for the subscription to download music on the marketplace you have an unlimited amount of downloading per month without having to buy the songs. Kinda like Netflex.

All this gig talk and different kinds of ipods and mp3s is about to make me keep my old, 1999 FM/AM radio headset and call it a day! :lol:

:lol:

girl, i think you should get a iPod Nano, that would be good for you. they only hold music(i think), and they are less than 30 gigs.

Alady friend of mine purchased one for $199 the day after Thanksgiving, at Target on S. Main in Houston. Walmart had the same price advertised, though I don't know if that price was time sensitive.

DAMN! that was a steal!!!!! :tup:

Actually I ran into a rep when i was in best-buy trying to decide which one to purchase and he told me that had been updated. In fact i found out that the new Zune is the only player that accept everybody's software, so you can download music/video from anywhere.

Also when you pay for the subscription to download music on the marketplace you have an unlimited amount of downloading per month without having to buy the songs. Kinda like Netflex.

I have a 4gig iriver clix and I LOVE it but I need more capacity.

I want the new Zune but my budget doesn't allow for it right now so I'm thinking of getting the first generation... I've seen the brown one on sale for $129! :tup:

I have a 4gig iriver clix and I LOVE it but I need more capacity.

I want the new Zune but my budget doesn't allow for it right now so I'm thinking of getting the first generation... I've seen the brown one on sale for $129! :tup:

It was selling for $99 here, if you shop hard online you'll probably find it for the same. You could get the pink special edition for $129

girl, i think you should get a iPod Nano, that would be good for you. they only hold music(i think), and they are less than 30 gigs.

I made my decision on what I want, and I'm getting the iPod Nano (4G). I think it fits what I'm looking for. I just want something I can play my music while I'm sitting at my desk and when I go walking at work and around home.

When I leave work today, and I'm going to look around. And if I see the one I want, I'm buying it today as a Christmas gift to myself.

Thanks for your help, everyone!

I made my decision on what I want, and I'm getting the iPod Nano (4G). I think it fits what I'm looking for. I just want something I can play my music while I'm sitting at my desk and when I go walking at work and around home.

When I leave work today, and I'm going to look around. And if I see the one I want, I'm buying it today as a Christmas gift to myself.

Thanks for your help, everyone!

You won't be disappointed. I use mine just about everyday. I listen to it while I'm working out and when I am in the car (using an iTrip).

Happy shopping!

I decided on SanDisk Sansa View mp3 with the 8g.
So far, I like it alright. When I saw I had more storage for music, video and pictures with longer hours of battery use and a radio for the same price of the ipod nano (4g) that I orginally wanted, I decided to get the mp3. :tup:

Back