i-Pods

CriTAUcal

Do Good; Good Follows
Who got them?

What's a good one to buy when you only want music, something can hold a couple of thousand music files or something like that?

If I want something for only music and a decent amount of storage space, how much can/should I look to spend?

iPod has an 8Gig machine that should hold 2K songs. The are probably near $200. They also will allow you to load movies on them too.

I just ran out of room on my ipod. I got the Ipod Mini. I need to upgrade to the one that holds 7500 songs. I listen and like too much stuff.

Im getting my new one in Feb for Bday.

Has ipod added a tuner yet?

that's one of the reasons I didn't get an ipod and purchased a sandisk instead.
I like listening to the 5:00pm drive mix on the radio.

I would get a regular mp3 player over an ipod... honestly they all do the same thing if you just want to listen to music. Last I heard ipods dont have radio tuners on them. Most mp3 players you can download music to and they have a radio tuner, so you can listen to the radio also... and they are MUCH cheaper. With an Ipod you are paying for a name.

The GREATEST advantage of having an iPod is there are SEVERAL HUNDRED third party products for the iPod. Things from cases, chargers, docking stations, integration w/ home/auto stereo, video, usb cables, etc. With other products, you are limited in expanding on the capability of the unit.

Both of my daughters have an iPod and they get every inch of usable capability out of those things. One docks hers on a clock/radio made by iHome and the other docks hers into her stereo, which the stereo connects to the TV and it shows the movies she has on her iPod.

If you want to expand on the use of the unit, the iPod is cheaper in the long run.

iPod, Zune, Sandisk, Sansa Express, etc. are probably all good and works for the user depending on what they for their MP3 player to do. It is probably best for the individual to detemine how they want to use the MP3 player and what sort of functionality they want. That will determine which is the best one to purchase.

The GREATEST advantage of having an iPod is there are SEVERAL HUNDRED third party products for the iPod. Things from cases, chargers, docking stations, integration w/ home/auto stereo, video, usb cables, etc. With other products, you are limited in expanding on the capability of the unit.

Both of my daughters have an iPod and they get every inch of usable capability out of those things. One docks hers on a clock/radio made by iHome and the other docks hers into her stereo, which the stereo connects to the TV and it shows the movies she has on her iPod.

If you want to expand on the use of the unit, the iPod is cheaper in the long run.

:tup: :tup:

Thanks, folks!

I have the 4G first generation. I barely use it because for some reason, I can't get mines to hold a charge. I have right at 289 songs on there. Another reason why I rarely use it is b/c I finally got my PSP. :swink:

5,000 I think it's a 4th generation. I put a clear cover on mine and got a life time battery put in it. :)

I need more than 5000 songs.

I need atleast 75K. I filled up that 1000song one in less than 2 years.
I dont need no video either. Just my good playlist and a battery that will last.

I have the 4G first generation. I barely use it because for some reason, I can't get mines to hold a charge. I have right at 289 songs on there. Another reason why I rarely use it is b/c I finally got my PSP. :swink:

Jax: Mine wont hold a charge longer than 3 hours.....AT MOST.
I have a first generation Ipod mini.
I need an upgrade bad.

Jax: Mine wont hold a charge longer than 3 hours.....AT MOST.
I have a first generation Ipod mini.
I need an upgrade bad.

Sonny, I have a 30 gig ipod with about 4500 songs, 5 movies, a few podcasts, and 9 videos, and thats just a little more than half full. But the new Ipods that are 80gigs are less than $200!

5,000 I think it's a 4th generation. I put a clear cover on mine and got a life time battery put in it. :)

where can i get one of those batteries? i need one.

i love my ipod, i have a 30 gig and have close to 900 songs, some podcast, pictures, and a few tv shows and i still have about 24 or 25 gigs left. needless to say, i haven't even put a dent in it yet.

Back