I need to lose 20 pounds

Forget all the other stuff? then what da fack is she gonna COMMIT too?

:retard:

~_______~

Not forget it, but don't let it be the focus of what she does. Develop an effective, sustainable plan, and top it off with commitment.

Thanks for the jokes :retard:

I have like 8 different dvd's (Power9X, Billy Blanks BootCamp, Ultimate Pilites , Girls Next Door workout, Yoga at home, and some randoms I got at walmart). I do those for a week or two at the house then get bored and are done with them. My local gym has underwater treadmill that I am excited about so I am going to try that out this Saturday.

But my big issue with working out is I have get bored easily now when I was boxing I kept that up because I was learning something that would be useful in the future.

Delock what do you have? Can you help a sister?

Dear Mafia Princess....

...it seems you don't really have a problem. :lmao:

It seems you have never even tried to fix the problem from your response. A little exercise and smart changes to your diet should do the trick for you. The key to it all is staying focused and change some habits. My wife is like you...she has been paying a Bally's membership for 5 years and she may have used it 10 times.

I have the exact opposite problem. I can't get weight to stay on me. I have to eat a lot and work out a lot.

Without a plan... It will fail.... Plan your days and the Committment will fall right into place. After about 2 weeks... it becomes part of your routine...... Almost like a habit.....Try it out... Im just getting back on my grind as well.... Ive got 20-30 lbs to lose....Ive set my plan and just gonna make it happen...

Ideally in the next 2 months but I am not stressing the 2 month time period as much as I am stressing the 20 pounds. Since I have moved to DC I have went from a size 6 to a 10 and it is not cute I need to get back to a 6.

I need suggestions people.

A substantial amount of cardio exercise each week, preferably 5-6 days per week. The easiest one to do, and that we all have access to is walking.

to be honest, forget all of that other stuff, the biggest thing to losing weight is ................................COMMITMENT. It's not an easy or quick answer, because it took a period of time to gain the weight.

So true!

Change the diet a bit (big up the fruits and veggies) and cut down the carbs. Making walking and running your friends where possible and necessary.

And if that doesn't work, get you some Bmore club music and rock off to it, if you're able to do it.

If you like lemon juice, maple syrup, and red pepper, try the Master Cleanse, sometimes called the Lemon Aid diet. It works. And I cheated (didn't do it as religiously as they suggest).

Regards.

If you like lemon juice, maple syrup, and red pepper, try the Master Cleanse, sometimes called the Lemon Aid diet. It works. And I cheated (didn't do it as religiously as they suggest).

Regards.
Colon Cleanse? :retard?????

~________~

I have changed my diet ALOT eating more fruit and greens. I am also juicing some. I have also started the Tracy Anderson work-out types she is Madonna's and Gwyneth Paltrow's trainer. I like her work out because they lean my out not bulk me up. I am looking for more of a soft lean body then a muscular body.

This is a couple of her task:

1. With a half hour of your favorite songs on your iPod, hit the treadmill running with one song, skipping with another, and sprinting with another. Keep at it for the entire 30 minutes.

2. Toning. For each of the below, start with 10 repetitions and work up to 100.

-Arm raise: Standing with feet shoulder-width apart, lift arms together into a V above your head holding 3 lb weights. Then lower your arms to your sides and back up again-- without stopping-- elbows and wrists bent a little.

-Single arm overhead pulse: Using the same 3 lb weights, lift one arm above your head, elbow bent, and then straighten your arm. Repeat this pulsing motion and alternate both sides of your body.

-Ballet Grand Plies: With straight posture, stand with your heels together, toes a little apart. Bend your knees and go as low as you can, then return standing straight up.

-Abdominal Crunches: With your legs out in front of you, lie on your back with your arms next to your side. Lift your body up until your feel a crunch in your abs, then releasing yourself back down. Be sure to use your stomach here, keeping your legs straight at all times.

-Piking: While laying flat, keep your arms at your side lift your legs up to a 90 degree angle, then lower gently, but immediately raising again-- don't stop! Keep the rest of your body flat on the ground.

She is all about working accessory muscles first, and that women should never work out with weights heavier than 3 lbs.

6 days a week, 30 minutes workouts!

I have changed my diet ALOT eating more fruit and greens. I am also juicing some. I have also started the Tracy Anderson work-out types she is Madonna's and Gwyneth Paltrow's trainer. I like her work out because they lean my out not bulk me up. I am looking for more of a soft lean body then a muscular body.

This is a couple of her task:

1. With a half hour of your favorite songs on your iPod, hit the treadmill running with one song, skipping with another, and sprinting with another. Keep at it for the entire 30 minutes.

2. Toning. For each of the below, start with 10 repetitions and work up to 100.

-Arm raise: Standing with feet shoulder-width apart, lift arms together into a V above your head holding 3 lb weights. Then lower your arms to your sides and back up again-- without stopping-- elbows and wrists bent a little.

-Single arm overhead pulse: Using the same 3 lb weights, lift one arm above your head, elbow bent, and then straighten your arm. Repeat this pulsing motion and alternate both sides of your body.

-Ballet Grand Plies: With straight posture, stand with your heels together, toes a little apart. Bend your knees and go as low as you can, then return standing straight up.

-Abdominal Crunches: With your legs out in front of you, lie on your back with your arms next to your side. Lift your body up until your feel a crunch in your abs, then releasing yourself back down. Be sure to use your stomach here, keeping your legs straight at all times.

-Piking: While laying flat, keep your arms at your side lift your legs up to a 90 degree angle, then lower gently, but immediately raising again-- don't stop! Keep the rest of your body flat on the ground.

She is all about working accessory muscles first, and that women should never work out with weights heavier than 3 lbs.

6 days a week, 30 minutes workouts!

You still trying to lose 20 lbs? You still havent made the trip to the ATL yet.

if you drink alcohol...quit...

reduce your calorie intake.

pick up a new fitness hobby (ie swimming, cycling)

take stairs instead of elevators...make everyday living a workout.

My doctor told me "If you take the stairs for exercise, take the stairs up and take the elevator down, going down the stairs is bad on your knees."

Back