I Have Never Been So Embarrassed

I understand the car culture. I also have known about the racing seen forever. The biggest problem I have with this is first of all this Corona virus is taking black people out fast. Second of all none of the other ethnic groups are showing women pulling each other out of cars beating each other like animals. Men standing around laughing walking by ready to pull guns out and kill each other over being lit. Society today accepts ninja mentality. It's kool to be ignorant and it's lame to be productive. I guarantee you that most of the lit crowd couldn't read their dam name on a piece of paper.

I bet Goodyear, B.F. Goodrich, Tirelli, Bridgestone, Hankook, Kumho, Michelin, and others just love this "car culture!"

I bet Goodyear, B.F. Goodrich, Tirelli, Bridgestone, Hankook, Kumho, Michelin, and others just love this "car culture!"

Also, GMC, Ford, Chrysler, and others. What gets me, White folks who own businesses that sell these things to these fools will complain to sensible Black folks about how annoying and unlawful they are. It's similar to the beginning days of gangsta rap music, where Warner Brothers Records initially promoted gangsta rap artists. Thanks to Vice President Dan Quayle's Family Value Movement this was brought to light. Soon afterwards, Warner Brothers dropped them from their label and used another side of its media industry (Time Life Magazine) to write about the negative impacts that gangsta rap were causing to American Society. Not once they mentioned anything about the millions of dollars they initially made by promoting gangsta rap artists.

Last edited:

Thanks @96lioness for sharing your thoughts on the despicable acts that you have witnessed in your hometown. This has been a great discussion that I think needs to be talk about more throughout America. As Farrakhan would say, America is sick and we can no longer stand idly by and watch its sickness rip us apart.

Last edited:
It’s only a matter of time before the Arkansas numbers increase because of foolishness like this. This is not a black problem but a people problem.

“Shallow understanding from people of goodwill is more frustrating than absolute misunderstanding from people of ill will.” MLK

I am happy for them, its the same for those who go have Sunday / Saturday / Friday services, or unprotected sex - ENJOY :eek: :)

It’s only a matter of time before the Arkansas numbers increase because of foolishness like this. This is not a black problem but a people problem.

Unfortunately the people in the video were Black. They're on social media planning another "Sunday Fun Day" for the upcoming Sunday (Resurrection Sunday).

You all are missing my point.

My father was a pastor. He would often teach lessons through what he did and how he lived rather than just what he would teach in the pulpit. At the moment it would often seem strange, but in due time I would get the lesson.

When I was flipping houses, I had gotten a house to the stage where I needed a painter. It was a whole house remodel and the house needed painting inside and out. My father recommended this guy he'd hired to do some painting at his house and some of his other projects. The guy was a staunch racist. Weak, cowardly white man (like most racists are) whose every conversation was some example of how terrible Black people were. EVERY conversation. The guy was so detestable that white people didn't like being around him. But, he was an excellent painter. Lived in the woods in a broke down trailer and drove a broke down truck. My father was trying to help him because he knew the guy was broke and had a hard time finding work ... because of the way he was. I had people of all races on my jobs so I would spend the few days he was there painting trying to keep this guy from upsetting the rest of the crew. Getting him to just talk to me. So, I got three or four days of story after story of the terrible things he'd seen Black people do. The terrible things in the news about Black people. While he couldn't see the irony that the only reason he was eating that week was Black people who were obviously better off than him. I'd keep the pressure on him to make sure my paint job was perfect. Pay him and get him off my job site.

That experience changed me. There were several lessons to be learned there - spiritual and otherwise - but one lesson was: DON'T LET PEOPLE BRING YOU STORIES THAT MAKE YOU FEEL BAD ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE. I couldn't stop that guy from being racist, but he couldn't make me feel bad about myself or my own people. No matter how hard he tried. Because ... error ... exists in all people regardless of race or status. And we know why. But, that's another lesson. :)

All of you on this thread are right. Lioness ... all of you.

These people are irresponsible. Black people are suffering disproportionately from this virus. People are going to die because of that meeting. Somebody is going to lose a parent. A spouse. Health care workers are going to be put in danger unnecessarily. We should be concerned about the impact all of this will have on the community.

You're right. All of you.

But, be wary of people who bring you stories that make you feel bad about your own. When every day across this nation there are irresponsible people in every demographic doing things that will bring unnecessary and preventable harm to themselves and others.

Watch them dogs that bring you bones that make you feel bad about yourself and your own.

That's all I'm saying.

The white painter appeared to be more prejudiced than racist, since he had very little to no power to control Black folks. Racism is when people utilize their powers to control others solely based on race, such as those individuals who profit off the ignorance of others and then complain about their ignorance, which later leads them to developing drastic measures that effect Black folks in general. Sensible Black people are always caught in middle of the ignorance of racist White people and the blatant ignorance of other Black people. In other words, sensible Black people shouldn't be made to justify the ignorance of others or unfairly treat due to the actions of others.

Last edited:

My father was a pastor. He would often teach lessons through what he did and how he lived rather than just what he would teach in the pulpit. At the moment it would often seem strange, but in due time I would get the lesson.

When I was flipping houses, I had gotten a house to the stage where I needed a painter. It was a whole house remodel and the house needed painting inside and out. My father recommended this guy he'd hired to do some painting at his house and some of his other projects. The guy was a staunch racist. Weak, cowardly white man (like most racists are) whose every conversation was some example of how terrible Black people were. EVERY conversation. The guy was so detestable that white people didn't like being around him. But, he was an excellent painter. Lived in the woods in a broke down trailer and drove a broke down truck. My father was trying to help him because he knew the guy was broke and had a hard time finding work ... because of the way he was. I had people of all races on my jobs so I would spend the few days he was there painting trying to keep this guy from upsetting the rest of the crew. Getting him to just talk to me. So, I got three or four days of story after story of the terrible things he'd seen Black people do. The terrible things in the news about Black people. While he couldn't see the irony that the only reason he was eating that week was Black people who were obviously better off than him. I'd keep the pressure on him to make sure my paint job was perfect. Pay him and get him off my job site.

That experience changed me. There were several lessons to be learned there - spiritual and otherwise - but one lesson was: DON'T LET PEOPLE BRING YOU STORIES THAT MAKE YOU FEEL BAD ABOUT BLACK PEOPLE. I couldn't stop that guy from being racist, but he couldn't make me feel bad about myself or my own people. No matter how hard he tried. Because ... error ... exists in all people regardless of race or status. And we know why. But, that's another lesson. :)

These people are irresponsible. Black people are suffering disproportionately from this virus. People are going to die because of that meeting. Somebody is going to lose a parent. A spouse. Health care workers are going to be put in danger unnecessarily. We should be concerned about the impact all of this will have on the community.

But, be wary of people who bring you stories that make you feel bad about your own. When every day across this nation there are irresponsible people in every demographic doing things that will bring unnecessary and preventable harm to themselves and others.

Watch them dogs that bring you bones that make you feel bad about yourself and your own.

That's all I'm saying.

This is an excellent post, and as always, you are clear-headed, rational, and logical.

The video was recorded and posted on YouTube by another Black person at the scene. While I'm not sure who did, but it was sent to the local news media outlets. I don't watch the news, haven't watched it for about 25 years now; my oldest daughter told me about it. Monday when I came in to work my co-workers were talking about it and watching it on YouTube, where I saw it. So, the "story" was recorded by our own race and posted for others to see. The "story" was brought to the public by our own Black people.

I don't apologize for being angry and embarrassed by the actions of our young Black people. I didn't mention it in my "rant" because I was so angry, it hurt me to see our next generation behave so recklessly and ignorantly and foolishly, ESPECIALLY in the midst of a pandemic. And to listen to their comments and see them glamorize their actions and attitudes while many, many, many people have died from COVID-19 just hurt my heart! One of my co-workers was trying to get her grandbaby (barely 2 years old) to the hospital when all that mess took place. Not knowing what was wrong with him, I can only imagine her mindset, especially with the corona virus rampant. She not only had to go out of the way to get her grandson to the hospital, she got stuck for a few minutes, THEN had to back track, take the freeway and go a longer distance to get him to a medical facility.

I'm not perfect; I have many faults and flaws. But because of who I am in Christ, I'm happy and content. But I cannot help but feel emotional (whether it's joy, sorrow, anger, frustration, embarrassment) when our race does something that's opposite of constructive, practical, logical, positive, ESPECIALLY when it affects the well-being of us and the population as a whole. I love our people and try to remember not to be too critical of their attitude and behavior. I did reach out to the young man who posted the video and suggested that since he has quite a large following on social media, and since he posted that he "lives in God, not the government", perhaps he use this time to encourage others and stay in faith of the God he claims he lives in.

It's going to be a "civil war" in the black community between younger blacks and older black people as this continues with no cure.

I'm already seeing some Gen Zers sleeping in cars cause Big Mama or Auntie/Big Cousin said "stay out with your friends don't bring the virus up in here" they gotta find a place to take a shower then it's right back to the streets to hang out smh lol

One of my boys who stays in Milwaukee Wisconsin said today outside of a highschool where folks were voting there were over 100 black teenagers fighting. All while people were standing in line. Sad!

That's all I'm saying.

You have reached the great state of zen, sir. Well said. Took the words right off my keyboard.

We've seen it all but we know what the greater bunch is about, represents, and how fragmented this race of people are. We know who, what, and how we should take ownership of and what we represent as well. The smidgen of imbeciles does NOT represent the total of greatness.

To see such behavior from our race! Pure ignorance and foolishness!

View: https://youtu.be/56d1uCdXn88

Certainly don't blame you for being embarrassed, since we expect the best possible behavior(s).

This situation reminded me of something that occurred near and dear to me in late Feb of this year. My former HS had a home basketball game vs a previous district powerhouse (comprised of 2 younger cousins and is 100% African-American w/ 100% African-American coaching staff) which had not lost a district game in literally 3 years. Let me set this up correctly.... the HS is now 99.98+% anglo. The basketball team is 100% anglo. The coaching staff is 100% anglo. The entire admin/teaching staff @ the HS is 100% anglo. It's a "money" district. I was there to witness the game sitting across from the "home" side as I sat w/ the visitors, which I felt more comfortable around.

The HS called it "c**n night." Yep, I'm not joking or kidding. They said they were going "hunting for coons," it was advertised as such through an email I got a copy of, and the > 300+ students were dressed in camouflage from head to toe. I thought I heard the n-word being tossed around on the court of play but was unsure as the visiting teams players showed the GREATEST restraint I'd ever witnessed in my life. I could tell something was going on as the visiting teams players, including my 2 little cousins, had strange looks on their face but they kept their mouths closed. I left at half-time.

I received a phone call the next day from a cousin where she stated that they lost the game due to cheating by "the white boys and coaches." And to make matters worse, as the visiting teams' students were driven away from the school, ~20-25 "jacked-up" 4x4 trucks attempted to force the school bus off the 2-lane highway and were hurling racial insults AND throwing things at the school bus. As I listened to my cousin, my nose started to bleed. I became VERY angry. I instantly called the superintendent of the visiting school district and sincerely apologized. He informed that they were launching an investigation and that the local police were already investigating as well. Immediately after, I phoned the local superintendent and went.... off! He tried to calm me and invited me to lunch to which I declined and told him I'd be there front and center next school board meeting.

The following game for the former HS, 3 players were suspended for whatever reason. They lost that game. A week post, I missed the school board meeting due to travel schedule. I was thoroughly embarrassed because SEVERAL of the players on that team attended my weekly basketball outreach and never showed their propensity to be racially charged. I'd intimate to several of them that I thought it was in them because they were "trying too hard" to fit in w/ the other guys in the program and even me and they constantly denied their racial bias. That situation confirmed my suspicion all along and severely indicted their parent(s) as well, which I met several earlier. Numerous of them attempted to phone me over a duration recently and I blocked their calls as well as shut down the outreach, naturally, due to CV-19. When I restart it, hopefully soonest, a sincere apology is too light of an undertaking that I'll request of them and I KNOW FACTUALLY they want to return. They are hurting to return.

So, my premise is.... it's not just a "black" or "white" issue w/ embarrassment. It's a people issue. I expected better behavior out of those who represent my community and my former HS even though they are 100000000000000000000000% anglo. I still pay taxes there as a landowner so I feel more embarrassment because I refuse to believe that I'm funding students, staff, community to be prejudiced and bigoted.

Last edited:

'Everything happened fast': Why is this Alabama county the hardest hit by coronavirus?

A Lanett church is a sobering example of how quickly and silently coronavirus infections may have spread before the threat was widely acknowledged in Alabama, and how slow statewide orders were made to confront the threat head on.

Churches across the country have made headlines for defying civic and state health orders to close down public gatherings in an effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 infections. Last weekend, a Florida megachurch pastor was arrested for breaking his county emergency order to hold services.

But one church possibly at the center of a Chambers County outbreak took no similar stand. In fact, Pastor Lamar Johnson closed Mount Hermon Missionary Baptist Church doors on March 21, just a few days after he said he received reports of sick congregants.

The comments section is some are blaming older blacks saying don't criticize. Everyone fights. SMH

You know what, I saw way too much of this growing up. I have two childhood friends that were murdered behind this same type of foolishness (1 trying to be "hard" and bullying, the other an innocent bystander murdered because the fools were after his deviant brother). This kind of stuff is just more visible because of cell phones. No young person should have to see the kind of violence I saw growing up among "us." I won't even get into the b.s. psychology of this in our communities. Every time I see a video like this, I feel like puking because it is nothing short of ignorance.

'Everything happened fast': Why is this Alabama county the hardest hit by coronavirus?

A Lanett church is a sobering example of how quickly and silently coronavirus infections may have spread before the threat was widely acknowledged in Alabama, and how slow statewide orders were made to confront the threat head on.

Churches across the country have made headlines for defying civic and state health orders to close down public gatherings in an effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 infections. Last weekend, a Florida megachurch pastor was arrested for breaking his county emergency order to hold services.

But one church possibly at the center of a Chambers County outbreak took no similar stand. In fact, Pastor Lamar Johnson closed Mount Hermon Missionary Baptist Church doors on March 21, just a few days after he said he received reports of sick congregants.

Just one location is all it takes. This virus is so highly contagious that just shaking hands can do it.

This is why I don’t celebrate Black history month or MLK day or anything like that... I will always respect and admire the blacks who made history and paved the way for the right reasons... As a people. Blacks... We are done with until the end of time.... The whole world would have to be restarted for us as a whole to be better.... It’s over with... Especially young black female and male heathy relationships going on now and for the future...It’s Over

I don't car if other races do this. Let me explain what will happen-the Fox news and bigots are going to point to THIS as why black folks lead in this illness.

It's going to bury conversations about better health care and wellness in the black community as the main diseases that attract this virus are the main ones in the Black community.

And the cops had to risk infection to break that mess up? Like my police officer cousin who just got out of the hospital from having this virus.

The comments section is some are blaming older blacks saying don't criticize. Everyone fights. SMH

Maybe tell them the next time they cry about cops shooting them-tell them "cops shoot everybody, stop complaining."

I wouldn't be embarrassed about that.

The embarrassing thing is that in 2020, we're still at the mercy of the white medical establishment. For all of our years of education and so-called billions in annual "spending power," we can't do anything to protect our people from these white people's bioweapons. We can't provide for our people in the midst of this pandemic, and are once again dying in disproportionate numbers.

That's what we all should be embarrassed about. That we failed.

Garvey's 'Philosophy and Opinions' was published in 1923, and his big fear was that white people would get to the point where they could use science to kill us off en-masse and we wouldn't even know it was happening.

It's not gonna get any better either.

Be sad and embarrassed about that.

I do feel the more whites talk about how Covid-19 is affecting blacks with the recent findings...they will continue to look the other way when it comes to providing the black community with adequate treatment for this virus.I'm sure white supremacist in this country are ecstatic right now about the death rate for blacks with Covid-19.

Back