I Have Never Been So Embarrassed

This took place on yesterday here in Little Rock!
I’m at work now and was told that one of my co-workers was trying to get a loved one to the hospital but couldn’t get through because the traffic was so backed up! She had to try to turn around back track and take a longer route!

You won't see them on election day. And if some do vote, they probably vote for Donald Trump. They see themselves in Donald Trump. Most of them honestly believe Donald Trump is gangsta like them.

So many of our young people see "fun" as engaging in destructive and self-destructive behavior. This is happening not only in Little Rock, but in every community in America among the Black population. Our Black youth need Jesus Christ in the worst kind of way. My heart breaks when I see behavior like this. I think Donald Trump is the worst president in American history, Andrew Johnson, notwithstanding. He makes me want to regurgitate at just the sight of him on television. But, among the many, many, many, many lies he has told during his presidency, there is something he said that is very true; the police, as biased as that institution might be, is the only wall between civility and outright chaos.

Last edited:
So many of our young people see "fun" as engaging in destructive and self-destructive behavior. This is happening not only in Little Rock, but in every community in America among the Black population. Our Black youth need Jesus Christ in the worst kind of way. My heart breaks when I see behavior like this.

This behavior is a direct result from the war on drugs, which has turn Black communities upside down. Social media sites just add more fuel to their ignorance and stupidity. They see ignorance as a means of putting themselves on the map or liked and admired by others. And what's really sad, I can see so much potentials in them that they can't see. There is a science behind the way they are driving those cars. If they took the time to understand the science behind high power performance cars, they might move on to other things, such as becoming a military fighter pilot or designer of cars for NASCAR , instead of being unproductive and annoying individuals.

The sad thing is that the video shows that this took place in several locations! When the police showed up, they scattered, but took it to a different location.

There is another video that shows that fighting broke at during this.

The sad thing is that the video shows that this took place in several locations! When the police showed up, they scattered, but took it to a different location.

That's normal life to them or what they consider everyday life in the hood. It's sad that they don't want to seek better understanding.

Sure others are out there doing the same, but there is no justification for such blatant ignorance. Basically, they are out in the open for the world to see exactly how ignorant they are. I understands @96lioness embarrassment. I'm sure she has to go work and listen to others complain about their foolishness, as if she can change their obnoxious behaviors overnight that took several government administrations decades to create via the war on drugs. And giving them jobs and money will not fix their situation. It would only enhance their foolishness. The sad part about this, they are teaching generations to follow the same foolishness, which I'm sure will continue to worsen. I have a few in my family. Especially when I go home for a family member's funeral and a brother and a sister gets into a public fist fight. Coincidental, back in the 80's and 90's, drugs played a major role on that side of the family. I have come to the conclusion that I can no longer defend such blatant ignorance.

Last edited:

I understand the car culture. I also have known about the racing seen forever. The biggest problem I have with this is first of all this Corona virus is taking black people out fast. Second of all none of the other ethnic groups are showing women pulling each other out of cars beating each other like animals. Men standing around laughing walking by ready to pull guns out and kill each other over being lit. Society today accepts ninja mentality. It's kool to be ignorant and it's lame to be productive. I guarantee you that most of the lit crowd couldn't read their dam name on a piece of paper.

I understand the car culture. I also have known about the racing seen forever. The biggest problem I have with this is first of all this Corona virus is taking black people out fast. Second of all none of the other ethnic groups are showing women pulling each other out of cars beating each other like animals. Men standing around laughing walking by ready to pull guns out and kill each other over being lit.

Forget about what others are doing or not doing, this is just straight up deplorable. Defending these fools would only give them more reason to do more outrageous crap. Some of them are so ignorant that they would turn on you just to keep you in turmoil. I saw this crazy behavior in Los Angeles back in the late 80's and early 90's. Black gangs in L.A. had Black folks in Black neighborhoods too scared to walk in their own neighborhoods, but when their so-called archenemy (LAPD) showed up, they scattered like cockroaches, as in the colloquial phrase "break yo'self fool." This is the same thing that they are now doing in Little Rock, Arkansas.

Last edited:
I can assure you there are people of all races having impromptu gatherings, drifting, and street racing cars

Be that as it may, but can we afford to do that? And the breaking news is that for a variety of reason, this thing is hitting the black community very hard. We don't need to be taking any unnecessary risks. That bullshit in Arkansas was an unnecessary risk.

Car culture is what it is.

I can assure you there are people of all races having impromptu gatherings, drifting, and street racing cars. Here in Texas, they are shutting down tunnels to drift, it's not unusual to see a wide range of people and a wide range of cars at meetups like this. Lambos, Ferraris, Audi R8, and Porches in addition to the normal Camaros, Chargers, or Mustangs.

Heck, an off-duty cop killed himself street racing a few months ago. LINK An owner of an exotic car customization shop killed himself in a Lambo last year. LINK Both of those people were white.

The only thing worse might be the motorcycles.

I wouldn't vilify these kids or be embarrassed by them. They are irresponsible for ignoring social distancing rules. They may be breaking some traffic laws. But, they are a subset of a larger group of people (of all races) who are out there doing the same things. The only difference is the guys racing Lambos are out at 2am and they aren't putting their faces and tags in the video. I'm not sure I'd let anyone else try to demonize us because the people in the Little Rock video happen to be Black.

You are one of the most rational and logical people on the Forums. I love your mindset and I always enjoy reading your posts. Normally, I'd agree with you, but on this matter, I have to disagree. I don't vilify our young Black people, nor do I demonize them. But, yes, I am embarrassed by their careless and reckless behavior and their irresponsibility. While I try to consider people of all races, my first concern will always be for our people/race! I'll help others when I can, but my first help will be extended to our people. As a Christian, I hold a concern for the image of other Christians/Believers, but as a Black woman, I hold just as strong concern about the image and attitude and behavior of our brothers and sisters. So, if the Latino race wants to go out and cut up, ok. If the caucasoids want to go out and act a fool, ok. If the Asian race wants to go out and be silly, ok. But if it/when it's our people, that bothers me.

Little Rock, along with the entire state of Arkansas, right now already has little restrictions for health and safety for the coronavirus. While we have a curfew, it's only from 9PM to 5AM. Businesses are still open. And as of yet, no martial law has been placed in effect. The AR Governor and LR Mayor (who is a brother) are doing all they can to keep people employed, while at the same time keep citizens safe. But as yesterday, LR Mayor Scott has issued an executive order banning caravanning; residents loitering in groups of 10 or more will be fined to the maximum extent of the law. And who knows, the AR Governor may go ahead and decide to shutdown the State, something he wants to prevent because people need to work.

I'm a Medical Technologist. I'm already handling specimen contaminated with HIV, Hepatitis A, B, and/or C, TB, MRSA, and H1N1 (influenza). I've had to handle and test specimen contaminated with Ebola and Zika, and now COVID-19. Later today, I will be training on how to perform the test for COVID-19. With 17 years of experience, I'm fully aware of the risks that come with my job. I chose this profession because I love working in the laboratory setting. But if social-distancing will help contribute to the safety and well-being of me, along with other healthcare professionals against the corona virus, I'm all for any and all measures that will ensure it. My place of employment has been reduced to rationing out our normally accessible supply of CAVI wipes, bleach wipes, gloves, lab coats, and other PPE that I'm rightfully entitled to perform my job. And I won't even talk about what it took for me to get an N95 mask. The ignorant, irresponsible, and foolish behavior and the mindset with it shows the lack of appreciation of people who are on the frontlines trying to care for and keep people safe and healthy during this pandemic.

I respectfully disagree.

We might not vilify these fools, but law enforcement definitely will, which would most likely enact government administrations to create more unfair crime bills, where Black people are given longer sentencing for basically the same crime. Also, bias law enforcement will be trained to shoot first and ask questions later when dealing with Black people.

Be that as it may, but can we afford to do that? And the breaking news is that for a variety of reason, this thing is hitting the black community very hard. We don't need to be taking any unnecessary risks. That bullshit in Arkansas was an unnecessary risk.

TRUTH!

YES! The coronavirus is hitting our Black communities very, very hard, and our race is a target of medical discrimination. We don't hold high priority in ERs, we get poor treatment due to lack of insurance or poor insurance.

Good thing Louisiana Governor John bel Edwards released this data. If it was anybody else, such as Jindal, it would have never gotten released in such detail.

Ok, just because I have not seen it does not mean it is not out there, because I don't do twitter or Facebook. Now having said that, has anyone seen any public service videos, on twitter or Facebook or whatever, from our well known rappers, ballers, hip hop artists, etc. about the dangers of this virus. Maybe these youngsters will listen to them to not engage in irresponsible behavior. But then again, some people are just going to dumb shit anyway regardless of who ask them not to.

Good thing Louisiana Governor John bel Edwards released this data. If it was anybody else, such as Jindal, it would have never gotten released in such detail.

The people of Louisiana should thank their lucky stars that that Indian pimp is not the governor now.

Back