I have a question

MVSUDiva

Call it a stupid question if you want. But, are you all serious about some of this stuff that you post? Like is this stuff personal, rivalry, or just friendly competiton. Especially when it comes to Valley. I know when I found this site back in 1998 or 1999, it was just friendly competition. Now, I don't know when to post because ya'll be doing a flip mode on a *****. One minute it is a joke then the next somebody is mad.

Please fill me in so I would get my ***** blowed our for no reason.

Smoochies. ;)

You just have to learn folks' personalities. I think most of it is just friendly smack.
Some people can take things personal.
But you'll usually know who's playing and who's actually serious.

Don't feel intimidated!! Jump in and speak your mind with respect to others!

xxx
Originally posted by CriTAUcal
You just have to learn folks' personalities. I think most of it is just friendly smack.

I must agree

Originally posted by CriTAUcal

When the attacks get personal, those folks get banned from the board. No sense in letting any of this get personal at any cost, it ain't worth it.

Originally posted by MVSUDiva
I know when I found this site back in 1998 or 1999, it was just friendly competition.

when was it friendly back then?? i must have missed those threads. back then it was hardcore, i remember if u didn't crab or if u were auxillary, or wasn't in the band, u got yo azz ran da fugg off!! nowadays, anybody wit fingers can come and talk(even those who know nothin), if anything it's more watered down now. bottom line if EVERYBODY understood that none of it is personal, then there wouldn't be a question....

Originally posted by Fiyah
When the attacks get personal, those folks get banned from the board. No sense in letting any of this get personal at any cost, it ain't worth it.

Frat has spoken! :)

Originally posted by XHALE9802
when was it friendly back then?? i must have missed those threads. back then it was hardcore, i remember if u didn't crab or if u were auxillary, or wasn't in the band, u got yo azz ran da fugg off!! nowadays, anybody wit fingers can come and talk(even those who know nothin), if anything it's more watered down now. bottom line if EVERYBODY understood that none of it is personal, then there wouldn't be a question....

This didn't happen. It wasn't hardcore just lame. You had folks wanting to fight and all you saw was name calling. Nothing of substance was being discussed. You had people wanting to be hard or "internet thugs" sitting behind a keyboard. Since the TSPN's band history was lost it is impossible to see my point. When someone brought up a legitmate topic.. the first thing you saw was "free post", post pushers trying to increase their post count. When you said something about someones band, then it was "You went to ????? how can you say something about my band." Nothing of substance. People have gone so far as to start other boards simply to boycott the SWACPAGE. I don't have a problem with that. But from what I am told the same thing is going on.

Originally posted by MACHIAVELLI
This didn't happen. It wasn't hardcore just lame. You had folks wanting to fight and all you saw was name calling. Nothing of substance was being discussed. You had people wanting to be hard or "internet thugs" sitting behind a keyboard. Since the TSPN's band history was lost it is impossible to see my point. When someone brought up a legitmate topic.. the first thing you saw was "free post", post pushers trying to increase their post count. When you said something about someones band, then it was "You went to ????? how can you say something about my band." Nothing of substance. People have gone so far as to start other boards simply to boycott the SWACPAGE. I don't have a problem with that. But from what I am told the same thing is going on.

only a person who took stuff personally would think the page was lame back in the day.....my point proven...

only a person who took stuff personally would think the page was lame back in the day.....my point proven...

I sure Kenn appreciates the hits to the board. Only a person that would consitiantly resort to name calling and profanity to convay a messege would be considered hardcore on TSPN back then. So you are you saying that there was much conversation about bands and band related subjects back then.
Don't answer that. I already know the answer.... an endless stream of.....

FREE POST!!!!!!

when was it friendly back then?? i must have missed those threads. back then it was hardcore, i remember if u didn't crab or if u were auxillary, or wasn't in the band, u got yo azz ran da fugg off!!

Is this what you call hardcore????

Originally posted by Bandmaniac
they are GRAMBLING!! :rolleyes: GRAMBLING MARCHING BAND aka THE MARCHING PROSTITUTES OF THE SWAC!!! can someone give me a prostitute pic please!! :lmao:

My point is proven :smh:

why did i know that u would go find a quote from when someone was bashing Grambling? typical, stop cryin.... :lol:

but anyways the reason i said this~~~~> Originally posted by XHALE9802
when was it friendly back then?? i must have missed those threads. back then it was hardcore, i remember if u didn't crab or if u were auxillary, or wasn't in the band, u got yo azz ran da fugg off!! ~~~~

......was because nowadays u have children and nonbandsmen who come on sites reppin bands and schools that they don't and have never attended, talkin about stuff that they have never experienced or know nothin about. then when someone puts them in check, they go cryin, when they aint had no business talkin noise in the first place......

...when i said back then, i was talkin about 98 and 99, it is clear that u are talking about something totally different than what i am and i'm not even gonna go there, so i'ma stop here...

....but like i said before, and still say "the only people who think the board was lame back in da day.......TOOK IT PERSONALLY", IT IS JUST THE INTERNET!!!!! GET A GRIP!!!! WE DO IT FOR FUN!!!!!

Personally, I think everyone is entitled to have their own opinion. The point is to get across and get someone else to understand where you are coming from. Take for example people post about Valley. Some of the stuff is true, some of it is not. It don't bother me. The things that are true we need to listen and admit it is true and try to correct it.

But what gets me is the ones who talk about quote unquote - facts-about our program and they don't even know nothing about it. I don't take it personal. But, it does tick me off when I go back and post the facts and they say you are lying.

Now, I stopped posting on the board (as Southerndiva) when things got crazy. But at the beginning is was like people getting to know each other and stuff like that.

Ladies: if you think you are hardcore and want this page to be like that too please feel free to post a nude pic or

Ladies: if you feel this page is too hardcore as it is with the bad language and such please feel free to calm us all down with a nude pic of you.:D Or your friends.

Ladies: if you just don't give fucc and you don't care who talks about what as long as you're on the net then please feel free to voice that opinion by posting a nude pic of you.:D

xxx
The downfall of the internet as a communications tool is this:

You don't have those extras...*body language, gestures, voice tone, eyes...* that really express what a person is feeling. On the internet all you have is words. That's very dangerous. lol. I know a few instances where people have gotten made over stuff on the internet, not knowing that it was a joke, not taken seriously...etc. You can interpet words SO MANY DIFFERENT WAYS. For instance I can post this sentence:

IF ANYBODY FROM VALLEY GOT A PROBLEM WITH ME SEE ME SATURDAY..IF NOT SHUT THE FUGG UP!

^You can interpet that many different ways^.....If you don't know my facial expression, you might actually take it as a threat and show up Saturday with a gun and sh*t. lol.

For the most part I think most SMACK on here is friendly smack. When it boils down to it, it's one love in the SWAC...and when we see each other at games BOTB's etc...the last thing we are thinking about is some stupid Internet SMACK. We are just glad to see and meet each other.

Hope that answers your question.

Originally posted by MVSUDiva
You post your pic and I will post mines. :lmao:

At Shyladytiger: Mannish? Who moi?:D

To diva: Only if the pic you post will show an adequate amount of that sip booty we don't see often on this page.:D ;) :eek2:

You would be one of the reasons I looooooooooooveeee black women then.:D Shine on wit that ernion.

Thinking....dayum maybe I should reallly think hard about one of these SF reunions if she's "packing" like that back there.:D

Who's mannish? Moi?:D

why did i know that u would go find a quote from when someone was bashing Grambling? typical, stop cryin.... :lol:

but anyways the reason i said this~~~~> Originally posted by XHALE9802
when was it friendly back then?? i must have missed those threads. back then it was hardcore, i remember if u didn't crab or if u were auxillary, or wasn't in the band, u got yo azz ran da fugg off!! ~~~~

......was because nowadays u have children and nonbandsmen who come on sites reppin bands and schools that they don't and have never attended, talkin about stuff that they have never experienced or know nothin about. then when someone puts them in check, they go cryin, when they aint had no business talkin noise in the first place......

....but like i said before, and still say "the only people who think the board was lame back in da day.......TOOK IT PERSONALLY", IT IS JUST THE INTERNET!!!!! GET A GRIP!!!! WE DO IT FOR FUN!!!!!

This proves my point.

Back