Hustle & Flow

Jag-Tig said:
I was shocked to learn that the writer of the script is white?, but he said he?s been around enough to know how that lifestyle works. :smh: Uh, ok whatever.

:smh:

OK now this movie is on the border line of being Black exploitation movie.

With this revelation I think most in the Black community will definitley dub this as a Black exploitation movie.

I wonder if the writer ever lived in Memphis. I don't know about this one now.

I've also read where there is Oscar talk for Howard with this role, but this is something that I'm just not interested in. Now if he was a reformed gangsta rapper trying to be a pimp......... :hat:

NICE

pbla said:
OK now this movie is on the border line of being Black exploitation movie.

With this revelation I think most in the Black community will definitley dub this as a Black exploitation movie.

I wonder if the writer ever lived in Memphis. I don't know about this one now.

p, and not only is the writer white, but the director as well. John Singelton is only the producer of this movie, and not the director.

NICE

D-NICE said:
p, and not only is the writer white, but the director as well. John Singelton is only the producer of this movie, and not the director.

NICE
WHAT!!! :mad:
HUSTLE & FLOW----- BLACK EXPLOITATION
Man that is so messed up. In my book White writer + White director doing a Black movie = Black exploitation.

Sorry y'all, I couldn't help it. I got caught up. I keep hearing this beat in my head. (lol)

DJAY F/ SHUG - IT'S HARD OUT HERE FOR A PIMP

(LYRICS )

[Chorus 2X: Shug - singing] + (Djay)

You know it's hard out here for a pimp (you ain't knowin)
When he tryin to get this money for the rent (you ain't knowin)
For the Cadillacs and gas money spent (you ain't knowin)
[1] Because a whole lot of *****es talkin ***** (you ain't knowin)
[2] Will have a whole lot of *****es talkin **** (you ain't knowin)

[Djay]
In my eyes I done seen some crazy thangs in the streets
Gotta couple hoes workin on the changes for me
But I gotta keep my game tight like Kobe on game night
Like takin from a ho don't know no better, I know that ain't right
Done seen people killed, done seen people deal
Done seen people live in poverty with no meals
It's ****ed up where I live, but that's just how it is
It might be new to you, but it's been like this for years
It's blood sweat and tears when it come down to this *****
I'm tryin to get rich 'fore I leave up out this *****
I'm tryin to have thangs but it's hard fo' a pimp
But I'm prayin and I'm hopin to God I don't slip, yeah

[Chorus]

[Djay]
Man it seems like I'm duckin dodgin bullets everyday
*****z hatin on me cause I got, hoes on the tray
But I gotta stay paid, gotta stay above water
Couldn't keep up with my hoes, that's when ***** got harder
North Memphis where I'm from, I'm 7th Street bound
Where *****z all the time end up lost and never found
Man these girls think we prove thangs, leave a big head
They come hopin every night, they don't end up bein dead
Wait I got a snow bunny, and a black girl too
You pay the right price and they'll both do you
That's the way the game goes, gotta keep it strictly pimpin
Gotta have my hustle tight, makin change off these women, yeah

[Chorus]

Okay I just walked in from seeing the movie....and I liked it. Out of 4 stars, I would also give it 3 stars. By the end of the movie, hell I really thought TH was from the "Souf". He played the hell out of that part "mane" (if you see the movie, you will understand). Even Anthony Anderson was able to stop coonin and bbe an actor in this movie. It was worth my $5.50. And this means alot coming from me, becua I expected the movie to be trash & garbage to the Fullest (thanks Bandfan)!!

Go see this movie and.
<font size = 20>WHOOP
THAT
TRICK!!!</font>

I SAW THE MOVIE THIS AFTERNOON....

Basically, the acting of the star role, Terrance Howard was good, but the overall movie was ok, but there was too much ghettoness/countryness for me....

The song was catchy though...."Whoop that Trick" and that other Pimp song...

Singing song in head..."You know its hard out there bein a pimp...." :lol:

Re: I SAW THE MOVIE THIS AFTERNOON....

LadyLuck13 said:
but there was too much ghettoness/countryness for me....

Umm one question about this comment.......what exactly were you expecting? I mean the movie was about a MEMPHIS, TN pimp wanting to be a rapper.

Suge said:
Umm one question about this comment.......what exactly were you expecting? I mean the movie was about a MEMPHIS, TN pimp wanting to be a rapper.

For some reason, a piece of thought in the back of my mind said that he was going to rap, then look into a more positive way of life afterwards, like at least marry that pregnant chick....Silly me..... :dizzy: :xeye:

That is not Alicia Silverstone! It's Taryn Manning.

Jag-Tig said:

It goes to show you that no matter how many black folks work IN a movie or DIRECT a movie, unless you are a black person sitting around the negotiation table with a major title behind your name, you don?t really CONTROL a movie. :smh:

$$$$$$

This is an intelligent post. JT, you are so correct.

I enjoyed the movie. This must be the year for Terrence Howard. I saw maybe 4 premieres of other movies that he will be in.

I don't know why I thought John Singleton was the director. That is MY BAD from my orginal post! SOrry folks!!!! It's some white dude named Craig Brewer. He wrote and directed it. But I did see the movie since I did said I'd support black folks - Terrence Howard. (Although, I don't know how black Terrence is since I learned from the SWAC Page that he's married to a white chick) It was mildly entertaining, but I think I should have waited for the bootleg. And it did perpetuate the black stereotypical pimp thing.

this movie will be going in my DVD collection.

props out to the producer John Singleton. <font color=crimson>YO NUPE..Yoooo!</font>

Suge said:
Even Anthony Anderson was able to stop coonin and be an actor in this movie. It was worth my $5.50. And this means alot coming from me, becua I expected the movie to be trash & garbage to the Fullest (thanks Bandfan)!!

Not the "C" word.

Passes out :dead:

I was born and raise in Memphis and I been all over Memphis back in the day creepin. The northside, southside, east and west you name it I be there. That scene with Djay and his girls on the ****-up porch with that furniture on it. What part of Memphis was that? :scared: Damn!

On yeah! I haven't seen a man with a perm in a long time. Atleast he could have had cornrolls in his head. :D

I did like the movie. :tup:

The whole movie was made in Memphis and it was alos the place that Anthony Anderson got caught up in that rape charge. I liked the movie and I was surprised that it was as good.

The trailers made you think it was totally garbage, but it actually wasn't that bad. I just hate that all these movie nowadays seem to end leaving you hangin' all the time. Ludacris shole got his arse beat, though. :lol:

sigma4life said:
I was born and raise in Memphis and I been all over Memphis back in the day creepin. The northside, southside, east and west you name it I be there. That scene with Djay and his girls on the ****-up porch with that furniture on it. What part of Memphis was that? :scared: Damn!

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I come to the realization that Hollyweird has a warped sense of view about the South.

Back