Hustle & Flow

'Hustle and Flow' starts today

.... well at least oficially.

Hustle and Flow

Down and out Pimp becomes sucessful Rapper. Be warned. There are some helluva hooks in the sometrack. Don't let 'nobody' catch you walking round out there today singing 'Whup that trick ... Whup that trick' and ... 'It's hard out here being a Pimp'.

Not only will I not see the flick this weekend, but probably never. Nothing about a reformed country pimp turning into a rapper interest me.

NICE

Re: 'Hustle and Flow' starts today

This thread needs to be merged with pbla's.

Looking at that photo, and seeing Alicia Silverstone in it, are black movies the only place she can get work now? First "Beautyshop" now "H&F."

NICE

D-NICE said:
Not only will I not see the flick this weekend, but probably never. Nothing about a reformed country pimp turning into a rapper interest me.

NICE

Hey chief Memphis ain't country! :lmao:

pbla said:
Hey chief Memphis ain't country! :lmao:

p, I'm not saying Memphis is country (even though it is), but Terrence Howard's character is. Every promo I've seen of this movie, he's in a wife beater, with some dingy jeans, and a dried out perm in his head. If that ain't country I don't know what is.

NICE

D-NICE said:
This thread needs to be merged with pbla's.

Looking at that photo, and seeing Alicia Silverstone in it, are black movies the only place she can get work now? First "Beautyshop" now "H&F."

NICE

A White girl in Memphis kicking with a former pimp from Memphis???? Hmmm that story right there seems out of place for Memphis, but it's the movies. This movie is also being financed by MTV, so that had to put a White girl in the flick.

For some reason I think this movie is going to be WACK.

:|

BandFan said:
For some reason I think this movie is going to be WACK.

:|
It won the SUNDANCE AUDIENCE AWARD. I will check it out.

If the movie is worth seeing, ya'll let me know! 'Cause judging from the previews, the movie looks like it sucks! :tdown:

Now that other Singleton movie, "Four Brothers," might be worth seeing.

CriTAUcal said:
If the movie is worth seeing, ya'll let me know! 'Cause judging from the previews, the movie looks like it sucks! :tdown:

Thank you. Its looks beyond Wack.
I didnt know that was Alicia Silverstone. Clueless and The Crush to Beautyshop and Hustle&Flow. She must have pissed Hollywood off.

3 out of 4 stars from USA TODAY
along w/raves about Howard's performance= curiosity

BandFan said:
Thank you. Its looks beyond Wack.
I didnt know that was Alicia Silverstone. Clueless and The Crush to Beautyshop and Hustle&Flow. She must have pissed Hollywood off.
Well then she might be Black after all. :lol:

FAB5 said:
3 out of 4 stars from USA TODAY
along w/raves about Howard's performance= curiosity

Really?
Well, I'm not doubting Howard's skills as an actor. He is good. But the movie just looks like it sucks! Or it may be that I have no interest in pimps and very little interest in rappers.

Blacknbengal said:
I've figured this out. This movie is about the life of Ice-T.

I'm going to see it.

And BB.....................You right.

I was wondering why no critic has talked about this obvious fact.
One critic at the Detroit news called it an "Improbable far-fetched Storyline".:winkgrin:

I was shocked to learn that the writer of the script is white?, but he said he?s been around enough to know how that lifestyle works. :smh: Uh, ok whatever.

I?m only interested in seeing it because of Howard, not because of the storyline. Terrance normally doesn?t choose roles like this one and even then he said they came to him three times to get him to take a look at it. I just read an article today where he said he was mad at Paramount for pushing the marketing and the trailers of the moving showing only the hook ?Whup that trick?. He was mad because the movie is not all about that and is deeper and he didn?t appreciate them trying to place it in that stereotype. The trailers are very important in promoting a movie. Right now all we?ve seen is the dirty wife beater and him yelling whup that trick. We really haven?t seen any scenes with real dialogue or substance. I think there has to be more to it for Terrance to be in it and for him to receive rave reviews. He also said that the big wigs at Paramount wanted him to take a cast pic for JET without Alicia in it since they said JET wouldn?t put a pic on the cover with a white person in it. Terrance said if he can?t do the pic with a full cast he wasn?t doing it all.

It goes to show you that no matter how many black folks work IN a movie or DIRECT a movie, unless you are a black person sitting around the negotiation table with a major title behind your name, you don?t really CONTROL a movie. :smh:

Howard better stick to doing videos with Ashanti.

He cool, but he aint Impressed me as of yet.

Jag-Tig said:
I was shocked to learn that the writer of the script is white?, but he said he?s been around enough to know how that lifestyle works. :smh: Uh, ok whatever.

I?m only interested in seeing it because of Howard, not because of the storyline. Terrance normally doesn?t choose roles like this one and even then he said they came to him three times to get him to take a look at it. I just read an article today where he said he was mad at Paramount for pushing the marketing and the trailers of the moving showing only the hook ?Whup that trick?. He was mad because the movie is not all about that and is deeper and he didn?t appreciate them trying to place it in that stereotype. The trailers are very important in promoting a movie. Right now all we?ve seen is the dirty wife beater and him yelling whup that trick. We really haven?t seen any scenes with real dialogue or substance. I think there has to be more to it for Terrance to be in it and for him to receive rave reviews. He also said that the big wigs at Paramount wanted him to take a cast pic for JET without Alicia in it since they said JET wouldn?t put a pic on the cover with a white person in it. Terrance said if he can?t do the pic with a full cast he wasn?t doing it all.

It goes to show you that no matter how many black folks work IN a movie or DIRECT a movie, unless you are a black person sitting around the negotiation table with a major title behind your name, you don?t really CONTROL a movie. :smh:
Ditto to everything you said!

Back