Hustle & Flow

I saw the movie on yesterday...personally, I could have waited for it to come on DVD. I'm a huge Terrance Howard fan though, so that's why I wanted to support it...he did good in his role.

I saw the movie Saturday and really enjoyed it.
It definitely had more than what I expected (a real plot ;)).

Mayne I liked that movie mayne. If for no other reason than Ebony Lace being in the movie. It was an instant classic in my book. Did yall hear Tony Kornheiser saying Whoop Dat Trick on PTI today? I was LMAO! Howard was brilliant.

i was born, raised, and sitting memphis as we speak and the only thing that was about memphis was those cats saying the words and the crystal palace. they sounded and acted like they were in backwoods, mississippi. my fiance and i watched it on monday and it was o.k. only. pimps in memphis are not as weak in the game as howard played it. you want to know how it goes in memphis. listen to project pat. out of 10 stars i give it 6.

I saw the movie the day it came out, and I thought it was a fantastic movie. It's basically about a man and his dream to be successful. There was one scene that was subtle but powerful, when the pregnant lady first heard her voice when they played one of the songs. The look on her face was priceless. This movie will definitely be going in my DVD collection. It was easily Terrence Howard's best work so far in my opinion. As far as I know, he's in four movies this year, Crash, Hustle and Flow, Four Brothers, and Get Rich or Die Tryin' (with 50 cent).

dSWACizJSU said:
i was born, raised, and sitting memphis as we speak and the only thing that was about memphis was those cats saying the words and the crystal palace. they sounded and acted like they were in backwoods, mississippi. my fiance and i watched it on monday and it was o.k. only. pimps in memphis are not as weak in the game as howard played it. you want to know how it goes in memphis. listen to project pat. out of 10 stars i give it 6.

So you think ALL Memphis Pimps are at the top of the game, huh? LOL And that no one speaks like that outside of Mississippi?

jag4life said:
So you think ALL Memphis Pimps are at the top of the game, huh? LOL And that no one speaks like that outside of Mississippi?

i ain't saying ALL memphis pimps because i don't know them all, but i also have not seen any in that capacity.

secondly.......backwoods mississippi...........an expression :retard: :D :angel2:

but hey, "everybody got to have a dream"

Ok, I finally saw the movie. It was better than I thought it would be. It depicted a certain aspect of the South better than what I expect coming from Hollyweird. It had an interesting cast. Overall, it was a cool movie.

I saw it this past Sunday afternoon. I thought Howard did a really good job. My friends say he played a pimp who cared :lol:

da_caramel_diva said:
I finally saw it and I must say that I like it!
<--glad I'm not the only late person in the house...,finally saw it with my wife...,It was pretty good.., Even though Bruh's be talking that getto country slang down here in certain parts of Memphis, Terrance Howard's slang was somewhat overexaggerated to me mane, nevertheless Bruh played his part well mane....I also thought the scene at the Crystal Palace Skating Rink represented that part of Memphis well too mane, anyways....,

Whoop that trick (get em) Whoop that trick!!!

Re: 'Hustle and Flow' starts today

BandFan said:
For some reason I think this movie is going to be WACK.

:|

I wouldn't say it's wack, but it's not what its all cracked up to be.

Back