How Many of You Have Kids Who are Being Actively Recruited to Play Football

This really isn't rocket science. I am the son of a coach and have been around sports my whole life. One of my degrees is in sports management and administration. All it takes is some research and simple common and street sense. Everybody think's their kid is the next Cam Newton, but if your kid isn't DOMINATING whatever division they play in then you have to be realistic. Take the emotions out of it and always remember that coaches will for the most part lie to get you to sign with their school. Pick a school that you would attend REGARDLESS of the coach because in many instances the guy that recruits you won't be the guy that's there your junior or senior year. LOOK AT THE DEPTH CHARTS!!!!!! It makes no sense to go to a school that already has a load of talent at your position, unless you don't care about being switched to another position. PLEASE GET YOUR GRADES!!! There aren't many things sadder than a great athlete that can't qualify. SEE THE BIG PICTURE. Chances are you won't go pro, but position yourself through this chance at a free education to be able to take care of yourself when your football career is over. BE YOUR OWN PERSON. Only you know what's best for you. Don't let other people live out their fantasies through you. Sit down and make an EDUCATED and INFORMED decision because you are the one that has to do those 3-5 years.

If people don't think about those things from the get go then they're in trouble. I knew that even being a rookie parent in this whole thing. That's the first thing I told my son...........because you're one injury away from not playing anymore.

If people don't think about those things from the get go then they're in trouble. I knew that even being a rookie parent in this whole thing. That's the first thing I told my son...........because you're one injury away from not playing anymore.

So true. My son made a goal to make above a 23 on the ACT this year. That way he won't have to worry about it anymore. His GPA currently is 3.5. Friends get mad at me because I'm taking it so serious but they don't have children his age or that are athletes.

So true. My son made a goal to make above a 23 on the ACT this year. That way he won't have to worry about it anymore. His GPA currently is 3.5. Friends get mad at me because I'm taking it so serious but they don't have children his age or that are athletes.
my son scored over 1200 on the sat so he has some doors open for scholarships. we're just looking at football as choice. Have fun and enjoy, but I want him to have choices about where he goes and how or who, that is, that pays for his education. Until he speaks up we're looking at hbcu's . Had to explain to him today what I meant by a pwi and if there was one of those he was interested in he would have to say so, until then, ft valley, bama state, tuskegee, alcorn, SU, famu, ncat all day.

I live in Mansfield also. I live close to the football stadium and natatorium.

That is cool, you got any kids in MISD? My youngest is going to 8th grade but he will be at International Leadership for this year and maybe Lake Ridge next year

Funny you mentioned that.........I got a nephew at Allen HS, basketball........my bro-law says the same thing. A lot of these HS coaches don't care about anything past their HS program.. L Just like Allen HS football.......they run the show around here in HS but how many have we heard of that go on to college/NFL from Allen/Southlake that make an impact?. Kyler Murray, MAYBE?

My cousin's son plays football for Allen, not sure how it is going, they just simply have too many kids. Before the coach stop letting my son play at Lake Ridge he played against Allen in the 9th grade they had about 25 kids on the basketball team

Had another friend who's kid was offered by a some D2 HBCUs that will remain nameless. He chose to walk-on at a D1-AA PWC because his momma saw some letters and thought he should "strive for the best". He was not even a preferred walk on either. The kid never played a down and was miserable the whole time he was there. Fast foward a year and a half, and his momma is asking ME if I can push him on the coaches at A&M.

Nope.

I'm going to honest... Some black women have some issues believing that "white is right." My Mother is the same way.

If she is interested in A&M. They better take a trip down there, and visit. I will not be doing any leg work.

I'm going to honest... Some black women have some issues believing that "white is right." My Mother is the same way.

If she is interested in A&M. They better take a trip down there, and visit. I will not be doing any leg work.

I told her that she missed the football scholarship hookup train by 1 season. The new staff doesn't do that like the old one did.

*snaps finger* "gosh darn, missed it by thismuch!"

Yeah, if a PWI is interested in you and offers you a ride........sure, nothing wrong with taking it. But if not, no sense in chasing them........ain't worth it. You'll be like Rudy and MIGHT play one down your whole 4 years.

Yeah, if a PWI is interested in you and offers you a ride........sure, nothing wrong with taking it. But if not, no sense in chasing them........ain't worth it. You'll be like Rudy and MIGHT play one down your whole 4 years.

Correct. It's a lot of five-star riding the bench at Alabama. It's why, every five star is not going to be a good player in college.

I have 2 kids that move in with me last spring. 1 has official offer letters from Akron, FIU, and Indiana. the other 1 has official offers letter from Alabama. Georgia, Miami, and Florida St.

Also,
I have 2 kids that move in with me last spring. 1 has official offer letters from Akron, FIU, and Indiana. the other 1 has official offers letter from Alabama. Georgia, Miami, and Florida St.

Please, tell them to keep their options open in recruiting.

when certain schools get in these kids head. you can pretty much cancel Christmas. Especially when these schools been doing under the table stuff.

I have seen a lot of players head to BCS' schools, and things didn't work out for them. Well, when that player held up a scholarship, and wasn't producing. They tried to find some way to run him off the team.

Also,

Please, tell them to keep their options open in recruiting.

i had this one kid who was staying with me ending up going to IMG. H
I have seen a lot of players head to BCS' schools, and things didn't work out for them. Well, when that player held up a scholarship, and wasn't producing. They tried to find some way to run him off the team.

it happens all the time. however they gotta see for themselves that the oven is hot.

Back