HIP HOP’S LATEST OFFENSE: Jay Z's controversial anti-Christian lyrics (Video)

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Man, I kid you not, me and a friend of mines were talkin bout that over Thanksgiving. We were deep in a spiritual convo and somehow we started talkin about/trying to figure out the truth about Satan being over the choir in heaven, and the sayings of him being drenched in jewels...ie bling. And the irony if all of it were true about the music industry. Then the convo shifted to about the deaths in the industry, Aaliyah, Left Eye, and so forth, and whether is was coincidence, ironic, or whatever. Interesting.

If you read the Lost Books of the Bible (Book of Adam), the righteous sons of Adam were living in a cave while the sons of Cain were causing evil in the earth. Satan taught them how to play music, which they used to lure some of the sons of Adam (descendants) from the cave.

Ezekiel 28:13 KJV
Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created .

http://www.pseudepigrapha.com/

I have to agree with DGTM. When your faith is strong in the right place, you don't worry about things like that.

Co-sign. I'm not much of a conspiracy theory-type, myself. From my observations, most folks in the music industry are artistic, intellectual, individuals.......I think that's more of the common denominator.

One thing about people that are artistic- they can be wierd as heyal! Add money, fame and success to it, and you have a character like Kanye- dude is totally different from the College Dropout days. Lil' Wayne, too. And you can go as far as Prince and MJ- they be on some other isht. Then you have the intellectuals, like a Jay-Z......a lot of them tend to be Atheists, anyway.

I was just thinking about that. :lol: Like damn, is something hidden deep down in the track gonna take over my brain while i listen to "Single Ladies" or "Heartless"? :scared:

That was the same feeling I got from that also. I don't mess around with the type of crap. I didn't mess around with those hedgy boards either.

Do yall think about all this devil stuff when you getting liquored up, smoked up, un-married sex, road rage and ....... :uhoh: Just asking................. Don't worry though, I'll see yall at church Sunday. Don't beat there, just meet there. Remember we all in this together.......... :swink:

Last edited:
oh and I listened to the lyrics of Empire State of Mind....he's talking about good girls being so far gone that Christ can't save them, metaphorically. So this particular theory is toast. carry on.

Do yall think about all this devil stuff when you getting liquored up, smoked up, un-married sex, road rage and ....... :uhoh: Just asking................. Don't worry though, I'll see yall at church Sunday. Don't beat there, just meet there. Remember we all in this together.......... :swink:

you sholl got a point there. if you gone be afraid of satan, you sholl betta be sober cause when you're not all gates are open. that's why I don't understand how folks can fear one thing, yet expose themselves to things that can easily cause the same outcome. or to flip it, more afraid of these artist and what they talkin bout, yet not afraid of not going to church and not hear the word or what they talkin bout. :noidea:

Last edited:
Man black folks smoke more weed, drank more liquor and party more than any one else, then get up on Sunday Morning and go to church, cry, fall out and leave the parking lot playing Pop that coochie. :lol:

The weed be lettin you know.... where evil lurks!:lol:

JayZ Is no devil worshiper! lol He is somewhat letting the listeners empathize with the character in his song. He is showing how the character is feeling. He is not giving his opinion on Christianity. I'm not a complete fan of rap but I think I read of enough books and poems by EDGAR ALLEN POE to know when an author is giving his opinion and showing the moods and thoughts of a character in song or book. Anyway that site is a religous site so their opinion is biased.

It is not just starting. Yall really need to go back and listen to some songs..

Start with this album

East 1999-Bone Thugz.. Sadly, this is my favorite album of all time but it is some isht on there.

I am not down with the whole "EX Ministries teachings" but I believe that there are some forms of darkness out there in the industry. I find myself having to change up words in certain songs I repeat."

....me too!

It's just sad great artist can really f@$k up a great song with a bangin beat, and I didn't even catch this schit in his lyrics.:upset:

Why can't these clowns openly explain what they're saying?

I would hope not.....if you are strong minded, then of course you would never let lyrics/artists influence you like that. :tup:

But I still say to just be careful. U just never know these days......hell, Satan comes in ALL forms. :smh:

The sad thing is, I'm not concerned about the strong minded individual, I'm concerned about the weak minded people. There are more weak minded people walking the streets than strong minded people. It doesn't help the weak folks when they're listening to a BS message by any artist, and they become influenced by BS.

Yep, Satan comes in all forms, and that's why I watch everybody including my family members.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
The weed be lettin you know.... where evil lurks!:lol:

....it sure does.

I stop smokin that schit when my pastor pointed out that I was participating in sorcery. He then showed me what God thought about sorcery, and my eyes lit up. I hadn't touched it in years.

MARIJUANA and CHRISTIANS

Cure or Curse?

THROUGH THE INNOCENTLY APPEARING GUISE OF THE "NATURAL HERBAL HIGH" CALLED MARIJUANA, SATAN HAS FOUND AN OPEN DOORWAY FOR INVASION INTO THE MINDS OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE. MANY A DECEIVED CHRISTIAN HAS LOST THEIR SALVATION IN CHRIST THROUGH THIS DECEPTIVE DEVICE OF THE ONE WHOSE PURPOSE IS TO KILL, STEAL, AND DESTROY. THE DECEPTIVE REASONING THAT SATAN USES IS THIS: "GOD MADE PLANTS FOR THE BENEFIT OF MAN, MARIJUANA IS A PLANT, THEREFORE GOD MADE IT FOR THE BENEFIT OF MAN. IT OPENS UP A PERSON'S MIND SO THAT THEY CAN FLOW IN THE SPIRIT." THE TRUTH IS THAT THE SPIRIT WHICH THIS PLANT OPENS ONE UP TO IS THE SPIRIT OF THE DEVIL. THIS "INNOCENT NATURAL HIGH" IS REALLY JUST THE BAIT THAT THE DEVIL USES TO CAPTIVATE THE SOUL (MIND, WILL AND EMOTIONS). THE DEVIL IS THE MASTER OF DECEPTION!!! READ SOME CASE HISTORIES OF THOSE IN MENTAL WARDS, MOST OF THEM STARTED OUT SO "INNOCENTLY" ON MARIJUANA.

MARIJUANA HAS BEEN PROVEN TO BE A DRUG THAT RENDERS IT'S USERS PSYCHOLOGICALLY DEPENDENT TO A SEVERE DEGREE. MANY M.J. USERS BECOME TRAPPED IN A DEAD END LIFESTYLE OF POVERTY, DEPENDENCE AND PARANOIA. OF WHOSE SPIRIT ARE THESE FRUITS?? DID YOU KNOW THAT THE DEVIL USES NO NEW THING TO BEGUILE PEOPLE? SORCERERS, SATANISTS, AND WITCHES HAVE KNOWN FOR CENTURIES THAT MARIJUANA IS A MEANS OF OPENING UP TO THE SPIRIT WORLD OF SATAN AND HIS DEMON FORCES. CHRISTIANS DON'T NEED THE DEVIL'S TOOLS! http://www.aggressivechristianity.net/articles/maryjane.htm

Last edited:
God's Word says; "Neither give place to the devil," (Eph. 4:27)

Satan will take advantage of whatever we give him. We are often hung by our own tongue.

A mans' belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled. Proverbs 18:20

Satan takes advantage of the words we say:

For by thy words shou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. Matthew 12:37

Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners. 1 Corinthians 15:33

Kenneth E. Hagin used to say you can't keep a bird from flying over your head, but you can keep it from landing there and building a nest. Negative thoughts will come at times, but you don't have to receive them. They don't have to become a part of you. If you don't say it, it won't be yours. "The Believer's Authority" What you didn't learn in church. Andrew Wommack(2009)

Last edited:
I always thought this song was kind of interesting. I remembered when did a story on Jay Z back in 2001, this was playing in the background.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6uaxMlLuzro&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6uaxMlLuzro&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

If folks are not listening to lyrics now and days, that pretty much explains why the current popular rappers have been successful.

Back