HIP HOP’S LATEST OFFENSE: Jay Z's controversial anti-Christian lyrics (Video)

Tiger1

Interesting!!!

The enemy is a "master liar, intimidator, and deceiver. It's all deception.

HIP HOP’S LATEST OFFENSE: Jay Z's controversial anti-Christian lyrics (Video)

By Mona Austin / mediamindedpro@yahoo.com

(December 11, 2009)Email to a friend | Print Friendly Buzz up!

“Christ can’t save you and life won’t begin until Christianity ends.” Those are the blasphemous lyrics in the hit Jay Z (Jigga) song “Empire State of Mind” featuring Alica Keys.

The rap icon is known as the king of the double entendre, but these lyrics only mean one thing—Jesus means nothing to Jigga.

In the tradition of the 5%’ers (a belief system influenced by the Nation of Islam), Jay Z isn’t the only artist to have used Hip Hop to assault Christianity.

We’re not sure how his beliefs affect his wife Beyonce who is a professed Christian and was raised Methodist. (She had to stop attending a Houston church last year because fans kept distracting her during service).

However, the lyrics have clearly offended many Christian You Tubers. Among them, a Christian spoken word/rap artist Jose Polas (scroll down to watch video), gives Christ-dissin' rappers a tongue lashing. He says Jay Z has lost “his entire mind.”

The problem is that everyone knows Jay Z. Jose is unknown to the masses. Upon viewing the performance, there are less than 100 views of the poet’s video. He has the support of the audience, but has a long way to go before his counter attack can penetrate popular culture.

Will Holy Hip Hop make its way into the mainstream to avenge Christ’s name against the onslaught of negativity about Christianity?

http://www.eurweb.com/story/eur57999.cfm

Last edited:
I've always heard Jay-Z was a devil worshipper, so this isn't news to me. Not surprised one iota...I'm starting to find out a lot about these musical artists, here lately.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I've always heard Jay-Z was a devil worshipper, so this isn't news to me. Not surprised one iota...I'm starting to find out a lot about these musical artists, here lately.

I have heard that also. It's amazing isn't it? I guess the saying of a fool and his money, is really true.

whoa...I had no idea. :eek: I stop really listening to Jay Z's lyrics back at the last Blueprint album. wow. :shame:

Sounds to me like he's talking about chicks that lost their way in NY ...*shrugs*

Lights is blinding, girls need blinders
So they can step out of bounds quick
The sidelines is, lined with casualties, who sip to life casually
Then gradually become worse, don't bite the apple Eve
Caught up in the in-crowd, now you're in style
End of the winter gets cold, en vogue, with your skin out
City of sin, it's a pity on the wind
Good girls gone bad, the city's filled with them
Mommy took a bus trip, now she got her bust out
Everybody ride her, just like a bus route
Hail Mary to the city, you're a virgin
And Jesus can't save you, life starts when the church end
Came here for school, graduated to the high life
Ball players, rap stars, addicted to the limelight
MDMA got you feelin' like a champion
The city never sleeps, better slip you an Ambien

I don't know if Jay-z is a devil worshipper but dude has plenty of sacreligous rhymes. However, your story misquoted the rhyme from "Empire State of Mind"...

Jigga isn't alone. There are plenty of sacreligous rhymes out there in the industry if you pay close enough attention. However, too often we never even listen to the rhymes.

Sounds to me like he's talking about chicks that lost their way in NY ...*shrugs*

That's how I took it......in essence, The City turns good girls into bad ones. I still can see how people find it offensive, but c'mon......life is too short for that stuff and Jay-Z is a talented individual. The lyrics are no surprise- this is the same guy who said, "I never prayed to God, I prayed to Gotti" back in 1996. And then changed his name to Jay-Hova in 2000.

Yea..I took it as a good girl gone bad. She had a clean image..almost virgin like..but when she leaves church on sunday...she is back to the street ..doing..all types of things. :noidea:

Tiffany Evans called Rhianna out on her lyrics that were written by Neyo...

It is a lot about those artist alot of you don't know...

Did they believe this all of their lives?..NO..

But once you are a figure head to millions of people ...the powers that be approach those folk... and if they want to keep their fortune and fame they must change their beliefs..(sell their souls)... And many of times make sacrifices....

Us regular folk have to must to worry about in everyday life to even care about any of this but it's true and real....

Since this thread is about Jay-Z... any of you that don't think this means much... Why would JayZ continue to speak these words even after a lot of his lyrics had been exposed?

Dude is that cocky.. He have that much control over our culture... to where some people do look at Jay as a God...

And Beyonce stop going to church because she was being approached too much.... I guess that's believable, but to think her husband doesn’t have influence on her way of thinking is kinda silly.... Besides, she been on the same page as JayZ possibly before they got together...

But those that are real deep in the music industry and are very wealthy are that way because they made some type of sacrifice..

If you do a youtube search of Jay Z and devil worshipper you will find NUMEROUS videos pop up... breaking down his lyrics and religion.

But once you are a figure head to millions of people ...the powers that be approach those folk... and if they want to keep their fortune and fame they must change their beliefs..(sell their souls)... And many of times make sacrifices....

I never knew any of this until I had a recent convo with this chic who is dating a guy in the industry. This shat is a lot deeper than I ever imagined......all I will say is be careful of the songs you listen to and the clothes you wear. :lecture:

I knew there was a reason I was never a big Jay-Z, Rhianna, or even Beyonce fan.....now I know why. :smh:

I never knew any of this until I had a recent convo with this chic who is dating a guy in the industry. This shat is a lot deeper than I ever imagined......all I will say is be careful of the songs you listen to and the clothes you wear. :lecture:

I knew there was a reason I was never a big Jay-Z, Rhianna, or even Beyonce fan.....now I know why. :smh:

Her music is definitely "dark" these days (esp. her latest release about that Russian Roulette). And some of Kanye's music too (esp. that song, "Paranoid" with Rhi). Hmmmmmmmm. Interesting...

Last edited:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
It is not just starting. Yall really need to go back and listen to some songs..

Start with this album

East 1999-Bone Thugz.. Sadly, this is my favorite album of all time but it is some isht on there.

I am not down with the whole "EX Ministries teachings" but I believe that there are some forms of darkness out there in the industry. I find myself having to change up words in certain songs I repeat."

Her music is definitely "dark" these days (esp. her latest release about that Russian Roulette). And some of Kanye's music too (esp. that song, "Paranoid" with Rhi). Hmmmmmmmm. Interesting...

Mannnnn, I said the same thing.....dayum near didn't want to believe it. :smh: And from what I've been told, that whole Kanye/Taylor Swift episode at the MTV Awards was a setup; there was a reason both Beyonce and Taylor were wearing red dresses when they were on stage together. :|

All of this sounds crazy as hell, doesn't it? :noidea: :lol:

Start with this album

East 1999-Bone Thugz.. Sadly, this is my favorite album of all time but it is some isht on there.

I am not down with the whole "EX Ministries teachings" but I believe that there are some forms of darkness out there in the industry. I find myself having to change up words in certain songs I repeat."

yeah, me too... been doing that for years

Even though I love Beyonce...she can't make me worship the devil though. :tup: I'm not that moved through influence, personally so its a non factor for me. I stopped listening to Jay Z cause i felt like he got commercial, not so much of me thinking he worshipped the devil, hell this is the first i've even heard of it. I have noticed a "shift" in Rihanna also, but never really was into her "that" much to really think about it that way. I did mention in a thread talkin about her that her newest song was not so hot to me.

Mannnnn, I said the same thing.....dayum near didn't want to believe it. :smh: And from what I've been told, that whole Kanye/Taylor Swift episode at the MTV Awards was a setup; there was a reason both Beyonce and Taylor were wearing red dresses when they were on stage together. :|

elaborate?

Start with this album

You too??? Glad I'm not the only one that does it...

Can't say that I'm surprised.

Back