HBCU Tournament Week thread

Great game so far. I expect Jefferson to get more involved with the TSU offense in the 2nd half

That's game .... congrats TSU on another championship and bid to March Madness.

Texas will possibly have at least 5 teams in the tournament this year ... and we're one.

CONGRATULATIONS TEXAS SOUTHERN!!!:)

I figured after our matchups during regular play, the Tigers would make this win very convincing!

So, so very proud of my Golden Lions for not giving up and for their 2nd wind!:):p

For the fourth time in five years, Texas Southern University wins the conference tournament as the Tigers claim the 2018 Toyota SWAC Men’s Basketball Tournament championship.

MXRASRBCKXWPATS.20180311013052.jpg

Great Win Tigers, i underestimated you. Won the tournament with with no all conference scrubs

I think one of the reasons for TSU's success in the SWAC Tournament was their bench. I went on line and looked at the box scores. In the game against PVAM, TSU's bench scored 25 points, PV's bench scored 4 points. In the game against UAPB, TSU's bench scored 33 points, UAPB's bench scored 12. Are those stats accurate????

I think one of the reasons for TSU's success in the SWAC Tournament was their bench. I went on line and looked at the box scores. In the game against PVAM, TSU's bench scored 25 points, PV's bench scored 4 points. In the game against UAPB, TSU's bench scored 33 points, UAPB's bench scored 12. Are those stats accurate????

Yes our bench players really played big for us in this tournament. Shoutout to Lamont Walker, he really came through for us. After being in a little bit of foul trouble in the semifinals, Davis inserted Walker into the game from a request from Trae Jefferson.

We still missed a starter from last year who was hurt. Bench is deep. NCAA had better not put a powder puff against us in the Play in game.

2018 SWAC All-Tournament Team

Trae Jefferson, Texas Southern
(SWAC Men’s Tournament Most Valuable Player)
Donte Clark, Texas Southern
Travon Harper, Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Martaveous McKnight, Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Gary Blackston, Prairie View A&M

Last edited:
Back