HBCU Sports Live: Deion Sanders arrives at Jackson State, named new head football coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does it bother you so much? Why are you constantly running behind me trying to contradict everything I say? Why don't you free my nuts from your throat and go live your life in peace?

You sure pay a lot of attention to a person merely "projecting" depth.
A lil light helps. Keeps bull from flowing uncontested. When folks don’t comment in response to some of your drivel, can make the drivel seem valid. Don’t get upset. You are not exceptional.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
They still here, Black. They’re jus tryin to come up with some comebacks they think will stick and make them relevant. Which is a waste of time. If my competitor in the SWAC blows up and goes large, my response would be to congratulate them and get to work sharpening my ax.

They still here, Black. They’re jus tryin to come up with some comebacks they think will stick and make them relevant. Which is a waste of time. If my competitor in the SWAC blows up and goes large, my response would be to congratulate them and get to work sharpening my ax.

EXACTLY!!!!! Hence my position all along. I encourage JSU to be successful and ascend higher because it forces PV to meet their level.
Also, nice to see the red back in the 1980s dominant JSU color scheme. Looks good.

How much can a big dose of fame help a program from the second tier, the Football Championship Subdivision? Might a prized recruit or several see Sanders as a GPS to the NFL and their choice as bolstering historically Black colleges and universities at another momentous time in American social history? Can great players coach? And: If Jackson State, its FCS-leading fan base, its mighty marching band (“Sonic Boom of the South”) and its “Coach Prime” could reach a Celebration Bowl, that bustling, 5-year-old annual game that recognizes the deeply impressive history of HBCUs, whew, wouldn’t Atlanta have itself a weekend?

Before all those questions, Robert Brazile had a question: “The Deion Sanders?”

Where those hatas at naw? WHERE DEY AT?! WHERE DEY AT?! WHERE DEY AT?!?!?!
Man, don't nobody hate y'all. When you have to ask the question "where the haters at?" That's simply an indication that you WANT to be hated. That is a sign of wanting attention.

But if we are going to keep it real, some of you J-State folks (as it relates to football) are in no position to talk about others being relevant. J-State football hasn't been relevant for a minute. But the spotlight is indeed on you. Enjoy it.

Man, don't nobody hate y'all. When you have to ask the question "where the haters at?" That's simply an indication that you WANT to be hated. That is a sign of wanting attention.

But if we are going to keep it real, some of you J-State folks (as it relates to football) are in no position to talk about others being relevant. J-State football hasn't been relevant for a minute. But the spotlight is indeed on you. Enjoy it.
I relish in your hate. I crave it. It makes my skin soft.

And to keep it real, We were ALWAYS revelant (as it relates to football) and can talk as much as others. We're one of the only ones who can bring "NATIONAL" attention with our fan base, prestige, and style to a much dying style of football.

Deion Sanders has never been one to keep quiet, and he made an entertaining appearance on the Paul Finebaum Show on Wednesday after being named head coach at Jackson State recently. Sanders, of course, promises to bring plenty of excitement to the SWAC program and could provide a boost in recruiting immediately.

While Sanders did touch on recruiting during the interview, he also said he has a specific plan to build up the program long term through scheduling. And interestingly, it doesn’t include getting exposure by playing the big boys

The ripple effect of Sanders’s stunning hire as the new head coach of this historically Black college football program has already made its way across Jackson, the state of Mississippi and the country. The school estimates it has received $12 million in media exposure. For instance, Sanders has been featured on television shows such as Good Morning America.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

One of those partners, Barstool Sports, is committing a portion of revenue from Sanders’ podcast 21st and Prime and his appearances on Pardon My Take and the Pro Football Football Show to Jackson State and HBCUs. Sanders joined Barstool in August after 14 years at NFL Network as an on-air analyst.

“Barstool is committed to supporting Deion Sanders in his coaching endeavors and is excited to partner with Jackson State,” Barstool CEO Erika Nardini said. “A portion of revenue from the Deion Sanders and Barstool Sports partnership will go to support HBCUs, including Jackson State.

The news of Jackson State's increased market value came with the announcement of the athletic department ranking first among non-FBS programs in terms of social media engagement for the month of September. JSU's engagement ranked higher than FBS programs like Duke, Florida State, Kansas, Memphis, Oklahoma, Ole Miss, South Carolina and Texas A&M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back