HBCU coaches on hot seat

surprised nobody said ODUMs. With Alcorn out ... them folks in BR expecting a ship this spring ... failure too produce that will mean he won’t be there past 2021 fall.. especially with Alcorn going west , pv and uapb on the come up, grambling getting a real QB, Florida’s debuting, and aamu and JSU getting tougher.... his championship window will be closed after 2021. Better win it or he’ll be gone after the fall... hope his trust in Skelton to prove not being a real QB can win a ship pays off.
On the money!

Bama state job is a good one in my opinion because of the facilities and I hear they have money there to spend on coaches. “If” it comes open I’m sure there will be some strong candidates applying for that one. I can also see Odums being in the hot seat in the fall if he don’t produce a ring. PV has spent enough money they should be competing too. Fall 2021 will have a lot of schools firing HC’s especially with additions and realignment happening. Valley in my opinion needs to hire young hungry guys and stop recycling coaches getting the same results but I know money is really an issue there. I can see A&M winning the ship this year and that might be the reason Ely gets canned.

2 year contracts were only being offered by the president - at least that was his deal in the last hiring process so Ely got it by default. Ain’t no proven Coach from outside gonna make that sacrifice at a place where you need 4 to be on the safe side

All I know, Bama St folks didn’t want him in the first place and know he can’t get them where they want to go. They just lost their strength coach to Arizona!
Yea I agree best thing for him to do is do all he can do to win this spring season and pray he has a job in May cause from what I’m hearing he is on his last leg

This will be my last post to you you do nothing shoe shining laughing at everything a** clown

It's dunces like you and non-sports guy that ran off most of the people from this board outside of Gram, SU and a few sprinkled in from other schools and the rest of the tag-a-long clowns from Lynch Street hee hee and kee kee it up like you are making some great point. And the mods/owners didnt do a damn thing about it but act like JS-Who? is the worst insult in the history of man.

It's gonna be glorious to see reality set in after this Spring season is over with and most of these new found JSU fans (as well as a few of the others) that join Miss Sneak Into Practice And See With Her Own Eyes on the MIA list ("family", etc.)

Did anybody understand this?

For TSU, our program talent wise, facility wise, infrastructure wise,support wise was in such bad shape we just hope for minimal improvement and we give the guy a 2 year extension. All we really have is a great stadium. My opinion only.

I was posed the question on another message board so I’m gonna ask you guys do you think that since the meac cancel their season the coaches that was on the hot seat are now fine? Same thing for the swac is the spring season gonna count for coaches on the hot seat?

Coach Reed's contract expired after last season and a 3-9 record. But, I'm assuming that since the AD job was open at the time, he was allowed another year. Now that the new AD is in place and has autonomy, yeah.

Eric Dooley better be on the hot seat.....😒
Yeah. I think PV folks are already bored with him only having the key to beat Grambling and play tough for a few quarters vs non SWAC programs. Dooley almost upset Rice and a FCS Ranked Sam Houston State. However, PV seems to fade after a few tough weeks. It’s interesting what he doesn’t thus Spring.

Yeah. I think PV folks are already bored with him only having the key to beat Grambling and play tough for a few quarters vs non SWAC programs. Dooley almost upset Rice and a FCS Ranked Sam Houston State. However, PV seems to fade after a few tough weeks. It’s interesting what he doesn’t thus Spring.

This is year 3 of the Dooley era. Everybody know they have a great offense but that defense is actually good too. They finished in the top of the swac and return 5 guys whom are preseason all swac. They recruited nothing but defensive guys in 2020. They will get it done in the spring

I could see SU fans getting ready to light up Odums chair if he doesn’t deliver. Those Jags fans are the “so close, but yet so far away” type.

Speaking of Louisiana, Grambling fans have shown the world that they truly love Fobbs, but I can’t see a “SWAC Championship Title or Bust” historic football program happy about another season ending with 1 more W than the L. 6-5 isn’t Gramblinish! I can’t imagine those die hards being happy about a 3 or 4 win Spring season.

Speaking of Love, after deciding not to renew Comegy’s contract two years ago, Valley got behind Dancy when he beat UAPB in an overtime thriller after coming into that game 0-5 and ending a 7 game Conference losing streak. However, Dancy is 2-12 in the SWAC since then and 3-19 overall. I know that Valley is use to losing, but 9 or those 12 SWAC losses were blood baths! Through bad years, Valley usually shows more fight than that. I am sure that Dancy knows his seat is going to hot if he can’t win a few games or at least be competitive in most of these SWAC Spring Games.

Speaking of trying hard, McKinny at Texas Southern had a pretty good early signing day, and landed a bunch of young kids who were from State Championship Contending Programs. It is impressive, but last years 0-11 season wasn’t pretty. The Eye of The Tiger is watching his seat this year. The have only been winless 3 times in 73 seasons.

Last edited:
This is year 3 of the Dooley era. Everybody know they have a great offense but that defense is actually good too. They finished in the top of the swac and return 5 guys whom are preseason all swac. They recruited nothing but defensive guys in 2020. They will get it done in the spring

I can definitely see that.

I will say this.....The Covid-19 fall season didn't stop some FBS coaches from getting the ax.

If that becomes a factor for the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff Golden Lions, I’ma be THAT cheerleader advocating for firing! 📣

Coach Reed's contract expired after last season and a 3-9 record. But, I'm assuming that since the AD job was open at the time, he was allowed another year. Now that the new AD is in place and has autonomy, yeah.

And hooking up his old Tennessee buddies with jobs ain’t good also for Reed. Might as well just put a tag on those guys and call it mole

And hooking up his old Tennessee buddies with jobs ain’t good also for Reed. Might as well just put a tag on those guys and call it mole
I actually like the Rodgers-Cromartie hiring and hope to see a few more of our NFL alums (Michael Thompson, Bennie Anderson, Anthony Levine) on staff soon (if they're hungry and want to recruit). However, I don't think hiring them is enough (nor should it be) to save his job. He was 3-9 last year in a contract year. We should have parted ways. Even if he has a great year this year, I don't think he's the right guy moving forward.

Back