HBCU Basketball: Out of Conference Slate Through 12/31

In_The_662

Deeeeep In The Delta.....
Valley

tCsCCbw.jpg

UAPB

uZTtEYb.jpg

Come on Grambling... Ecclesia is basically the VUL of basketball. Two NAIA schools and a D3.

a7CRWFC.jpg

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Men
PVAMU 100
Jarvis Christian 62

Women
PVAMU 85
TAMU-Kingsville 55

Hey SWAC fans. My school, UCSB, plays 3 SWAC schools this year, starting tonight hosting JSU. I am a basketball nerd and write previews. I think its too long to fit here because I could not paste it so below are links to both my overview of UCSB and my scouting report on Jackson State.

Hey SWAC fans. My school, UCSB, plays 3 SWAC schools this year, starting tonight hosting JSU. I am a basketball nerd and write previews. I think its too long to fit here because I could not paste it so below are links to both my overview of UCSB and my scouting report on Jackson State.

Maaaaan, I wish I could go to this game, my son went to the Michael Jordan basketball camp at your school 10 years ago we had a blast and the weather was wow, love that campus

Think this was the same gym, he was a little guy back then LOL

Last edited:
They lost 49-143 to Utah

Sad day for the SWAC after Bama State looked decent against Gonzaga a few days ago smh

Tough loss....Kind of remind me when Bama State had one of the lowest scoring games and one of the worse losses in NCAA basketball tourney history:

Michigan State 69, Alabama State 35 (South regional
first round, 2001)

Michigan St. went on a 26-0 tear and outscored the Hornets 40-10 after the intermission. Alabama State shot just 13 percent from the field (4-for-30) in the last 20 minutes. The Hornets had the dubious distinction of setting a record for the fewest points scored in South Region history, and tied the tournament record for fewest points in a half since the introduction of the shot clock.

http://www.espn.com/page2/s/list/ncaatournablowout.html

Last edited:
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Tough loss....Kind of remind me when Bama State had one of the lowest scoring games and one of the worse losses in NCAA basketball tourney history:

first round, 2001)

Michigan St. went on a 26-0 tear and outscored the Hornets 40-10 after the intermission. Alabama State shot just 13 percent from the field (4-for-30) in the last 20 minutes. The Hornets had the dubious distinction of setting a record for the fewest points scored in South Region history, and tied the tournament record for fewest points in a half since the introduction of the shot clock.

Like when SU got routed by Fordham 80-106?

first round, 2001)

Damn! How embarrassing

okay losing by 26 is not a good feeling. losing by 40 is bordering worthless game. But, losing by 74 and losing by 94 is a complete waste of time for the losing team. It wasn't even good practice to lose by 94 tonight. No men's college basketball team should be that much inferior to any other men's basketball team. The small amount of money that Utah paid Valley it's not enough to take a beating like that.

Yall already know how I feel about these games and especially since we opened the New Gym (the Men have only played 2 OOC games in it since it opened. The women have played a few more (including hosting #15 Colorado in 2017 and 4 OOC games this year). Only one OOC home game against some NAIA school out of Texas

The "silver lining" is that it was best to get those P5 games out of the way (Iowa State and Utah). They still had to sleep on getting dragged like that before flying out to Central Michigan for a game tomorrow

We got beat by Tennessee St. by 40. Hopefully it was just the first game jitters. Sometimes it takes teams a few games to get some chemistry.

This fellow still haven't learned that Bama State has zero room to talk about another SWAC program since they have consistently been a SWAC bottom feeder throughout. They just now figured out how to beat D2 Tuskegee on the gridiron.

We got beat by Tennessee St. by 40. Hopefully it was just the first game jitters. Sometimes it takes teams a few games to get some chemistry.

I had to remind the Valley alums that this is his 2nd college game with pretty much a new roster (only 2 players on the roster from last year). It's gonna take a while for the roster to gel and to find the players he can trust once he gets into SWAC play (especially with 3-4 freshman in the rotation). There was one player that didn't make the final roster that I was really looking forward to see because he would have been nice

Not a good look for Lindsey Hunter and MVSU. Friday wasn't such a bad day for the SWAC, Grambling defeated Ecclesia College by 95 points! They're playing basketball, We love that basketball.

Back