HBCU Basketball: Out of Conference Slate Through 12/31

"Supposedly". I think it is quite certain that several teams will be significantly better than last year.

Ehh, I don't think the top spots will change much at all. Probably a more competitive season amongst the ladies but I think the top 4 to 5 remain the same

Devilettes did a good job of staying with Austin Peay during the first half, but got sloppy in the second.

Final score:
Governors: 100
Devilettes: 82

Last edited:
Yep! :(
I suggest we Run only on defensive TO's, otherwise slow the game down with a half court game on offense and avoid their traps as much as possible. Tbh, you have to have at least a couple sharp shooters from beyond the arc to really hang with these top tier teams.

Montgomery, Ala. – Alabama State held off a fourth-quarter surge from Jacksonville State to earn a 68-63 win in non-conference women's basketball action inside of the Dunn-Oliver Acadome on Wednesday night.

The Lady Hornets (2-2) and the Gamecocks (2-3) both made 22 field goals in the game but Alabama State made 19 free throws which created enough space to hold on for the win.

Trailing 56-45 with 4:57 remaining in the fourth, Jacksonville State went on a 10-0 run with five points coming from Taylor Hawks to reduce their deficit to just one (56-55) with 3:20 left. Alabama State kept its one-point lead for the next 3:10 until junior Courtney Lee was intentionally fouled with 10 seconds remaining.

Lee made both free throws at the line to take a 66-63 lead. On the inbound, sophomore Ayana Emmanuel was able to ice the game by grabbing a steal and drawing a foul which led to the 68-63 win.

Our women beat UA one year when I was on campus.. Glad to see the ladies continuing the tradition of not being scared of OOC foes

Reactions: J C

Back