HBCU Basketball OOC Conference 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have always been a sTu basketball fan. Being a Grambling man, I had to find someone to love on the basketball court. Lol.

Now, my G-Men have given me new life under our new coach. The man coaches well from the floor and has the best half court press in the conference. GSU just has to learn how to make free throws. Southern is better than their record shows, and the Jags are coming into SWAC play as a battle tested sleeper. I am predicting the Jags to have a good season. PV is dangerous and is one of those teams that just refuse to go away even they are down 10. I think the away teams are going to be in for a rough night when they go to the Panthers home. sTu is no doubt the best team in the SWAC, but PV, GSU and Southern won’t be playing with their shorts when the ball is tipped.

I'm a TSU fan. From the glory days of the track team, the band and basketball team. Always have been. Good luck TSU except for when you play us. Lol

Last edited:
A sneak peek of TSU's opponent rankings so far this season + the upcoming conference opponents from Kenpom
Capture.PNG

We've beaten some good teams and lost to some bad teams. It's going to be up to Coach Jones to get these guys mentally into the game even if they feel their opponents are inferior. They've already shown they can be knocked on their asses by those "lesser" opponents.

I think simply it comes down to outside shooting. When we shoot well we can beat a lot of teams. if we don't shoot well we can be beat by lesser teams. I don't see any great shooters on this squad. I think we could lose 3 or 4 conference games. You better shoot well at PV, Grambling, Pine Bluff and Grambling..

The old man's memory is not too shoddy....the long term memory anyway.

Teams play up for TSU for a variety of reasons so there’s no off night for them

UAPB on a Saturday night with a good crowd is always dangerous. Seems like someone always wants to go off for 30 in that building

PV is dangerous and plays with a blue collar mentality like Rocky.

You just hope teams get so enamored in Houston with the bright lights they lose track of things.. lol. I saw a team eat at Frenchy’s last year and having the chance to stay at Galleria can be overwhelming

Grambling has finally figured the arena out in terms of making it an environment people don’t want to play in.

Glad for Texas Southern. Now I would love to see them get a win in the tournament and not just the play in game, which they should not have to do should they make it.

That Texas A&M game was best we’ve played all season from start to finish. We didn’t force shots like we did against Tulane and we didn’t panic when A&M made their runs to cut the lead. If we can duplicate that performance every night in SWAC play an undefeated conference record isn’t out of question and return to the NCAA tournament is inevitable.

Oh, and if anyone wants a good laugh, go to one of the Texas A&M basketball fan forums. LOL!!! LOL!!! Some of their fans are really pissed. LOL!!! LOL!!!

FOCC those people brah. Shit. We know they are pissed they lost to the "black school." Focc them. And the ship they rode in on too! Sister school or not, I cannot stand those mf'ers, at all.

Pray for me. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back