HBCU Basketball OOC Conference 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

TSU just convincingly defeated A&M 88-73 at A&M! TSU is the best HBCU basketball team no doubt

If no serious injuries, I'm expecting a perfection SWAC season, another ticket to the Big Dance, and a #13 seed this time. 3 wins against Power 5 teams was something even Mike Davis could't do in one season.

JONES IS THE REAL DEAL!!!!! Eat 'em up Tigers! We don't miss Mike at all lol

It's very difficult to run the table in the SWAC? When was the last time it was done?

It would be tough. The best Mike Davis could do was 16-2 four different seasons. JSU or PV would always spoil it.

Tony Harvey went 16-2 one season also.

Last edited:
Recently, I think Sean Woods has come the closest with his 17-1 record at Valley during the 2011-2012 season.

Yep, that was a special year for Valley. They beat my TSU three times that year. Twice in the regular season, and in the conference tournament finale.

George Ivory and his Pine Bluff team spoiled the undefeated regular season for them.

They had the tournament play-in game in the bag, but had several unfortunate possessions in the closing minutes that cost them the game.

PV just doesn't seem to be able to play the full 40 minutes.....We have had the lead at halftime for most of our OOC games only to run out of gas the last 10 minutes.... We don't seem to have the horses to run for 40 minutes......(maybe that will change in conference play.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back