HBCU Basketball OOC Conference 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang I could have made money on this game they gave PV a 26% chance of winning lol

Men’s Basketball Falls to Prairie View A&M in Season Opener

SANTA CLARA, Calif. – Cold shooting coupled with turnovers doomed Santa Clara men's basketball in its season opener, falling to Prairie View A&M, 81-64, on Friday night. For the game, the Broncos shot 37 percent from the floor and turned the ball over 20 times while allowing the Panthers to shoot 53 percent.

https://www.santaclarabroncos.com/sports/m-baskbl/2018-19/releases/20181109txc11y

PV - 80
Baylor - 91

Final

The Panthers and Bears battled as the margin changed between four-six points over the next two and a half minutes before a 13-0 run by Baylor in a two-minute stretch extend the Bears lead to 78-61 with 4:37 remaining.

“It was a hard-fought game,” said PVAMU head coach Byron Smith. “I think we got worn down. Got tired, got behind, and fought really hard to get back in it. I’m proud of the effort and that we fought back. We could have laid down, but we got back in the game and made a game of it. I think (Baylor) had a little too much fire power, we got a little tired late, and were unable to sustain it.”

Five players scored in double figures for the Panthers, led by Gary Blackston’s 18 points and six rebounds. Darius Williams scored 16, and Gerard Andrus added 15 with nine rebounds. Chancellor Ellis came off the bench to score 12, and Taishaun Johnson scored 11 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back