HBCU Basketball: November 27 - December 3

Wow! But as a Memphis resident and a follower of U of M basketball, that means Coach Josh (Ga. Tech) will never rise about the status of being an X & Os coach but just a good recruiter. Anyways....!!!!

Shout out to the G-Men! Job well done!

Wow! But as a Memphis resident and a follower of U of M basketball, that means Coach Josh (Ga. Tech) will never rise about the status of being an X & Os coach but just a good recruiter. Anyways....!!!!

Shout out to the G-Men! Job well done!
He got the memphis job b/c he was in with the shoe company. Dude wasn't good there and not good at tech. In Memphis he turned a maserati into a volkswagen

He got the memphis job b/c he was in with the shoe company. Dude wasn't good there and not good at tech. In Memphis he turned a maserati into a volkswagen
Josh was not the best but you got to give him a little more credit. It was his AAU connections (if you credited Nike then I understand) that got him the job. Coach Cal was a hard act to follow and who knows if anyone will ever do what he did in Memphis, but Josh did win a CUSA Championship, took them past the first round in the NCAA more than once. That is not Duke or Kentucky level stuff but for a school like Memphis, that is still quite a feat.

He just could not coach and in the end, players were quitting and leaving the program. His teams rarely if ever beat a top 20 ranked team and as an X & O guy, he was not it. I would not call what he left a volkswagen but it definitely is now with Tubby Smith struggling in his second year there.

Everyone locally was amused when he was named ACC Coach of the year though...

Hopefully they will find their stride before conference play begins. Need consistent scoring. Ejeh looks like he could be a rebounding stud (back to back 7 point, 12 rebound games)

the refs did not help, but Mike Davis didn't help that much either. His use of the 7'2" center didn't play the last 7 minutes with 3 files I think. I don't know the back story

Back