HBCU Basketball: 1/27 - 1/29

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Can't see how one can say that Texas Southern gets all the calls after what happened to them at home against Pine Bluff.

5 fouls called on us in less than five minutes of play. Dont roll your eyes. You KNOW thats a major outlier in the whole sport
And we had two of our better shooters out in the same period with two fouls each. Poor officiating may be an issue in the conference but putting that on sTu is some bull.

Can't see how one can say that Texas Southern gets all the calls after what happened to them at home against Pine Bluff.
I don’t know about this year, but last season the foul disparity was rediculous. Look at how many Free Throws TSU Short compared to the rest of the league last season. And the game vs UAPB was a foul.

Simply looking at number of free throws does not tell a story. A team that attacks the rim will shoot more free throws than a jump shooting team. Folks get hung up on the foul count way too much.

SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK!!!!

A Davis team attacks the basket... teams that attack the basket gets defenses to do what? Defend. When you defend more times than not you have body contact. When you have body contact you more than likely foul.

A Davis team attacks the basket... teams that attack the basket gets defenses to do what? Defend. When you defend more times than not you have body contact. When you have body contact you more than likely foul.
All your coach does is whine for calls all game long, and try to intimidate the SWAC refs like Bobby Knight did.

Simply looking at number of free throws does not tell a story. A team that attacks the rim will shoot more free throws than a jump shooting team. Folks get hung up on the foul count way too much.
They appeared to be a jump-shooting team when they played us. They had to have shot 40 3s in that game. I guess they changed their focus against other teams. Note: I know we lost due to hot shooting from TXSU, not because of the refs in that game.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

Shoot y'all were acting like Golden State against us shooting 40 3s. lol

They appeared to be a jump-shooting team when they played us. They had to have shot 40 3s in that game. I guess they changed their focus against other teams. Note: I know we lost due to hot shooting from TXSU, not because of the refs in that game.

When you have the hot hand in a game, you roll with it. If I remember correctly, SU played quite a bit of zone in that game and took away some of the dribble drive. Could be wrong though.

A local news station did a segment on Mike Davis mic'd up during the first half of the UAPB game. He was in the ref's ear trying to get him to understand and call an illegal screen. Either the ref had no clue what Davis was talking about or he was intent on not making the call. Either way that can be frustrating as hell.

Last edited:
A local news station did a segment on Mike Davis mic'd up during the first half of the UAPB game. He was in the ref's ear trying to get him to understand and call an illegal screen. Either the ref had no clue what Davis was talking about or he was intent on not making the call. Either way that can be frustrating as hell.

Which station? Link? He mentioned that he was mic'ed up in the first half, but I thought it was for the AT&T broadcast.

Grambling escapes with a 64-62 win.

Didn't know we were only dressing 8 players for the rest of the season.

Back