HBCU Baseball 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinking back to last year when su had us change series dates because of alleged rain that never fell in Baton Rouge. LOL
It was forecasted to storm that weekend, but it did rain if my memory serves me correctly. It just wasn’t much as they expected. PV has lost their home series. PV has to come back to BR later.

Darn, I should’ve set a reminder for that sTu game. Oh well, I will see them at least once this weekend…..

TSU-11
SU-1
Final
TSU hit 6 HR’s
Look Away Oh Boy GIF by Ovation TV

Bama State took 2 from JSU today to complete the sweep.

MONTGOMERY, Ala.| Alabama State University got two home runs from Ali Lapread and held off a late Jackson State rally for a 6-5 win in the nightcap of a doubleheader on Sunday at the Wheeler-Watkins Baseball Complex. The Hornets claimed a 6-1 win in game one.

Laprread went 4-for-7 with a two home runs, a triple and five RBI in the doubleheader.

FINAL GM 1: Alabama State 6 | Jackson State 1
FINAL GM 2: Alabama State 6 | Jackson State 5
Location: Wheeler-Watkins Baseball Complex | Montgomery, Ala.
Records: Alabama State 24-12, 12-3 SWAC | Jackson State 19-15, 4-11 SWACs
Get Social: Twitter: @BamaStateBB | @BamaStateSports | Facebook: @BamaStateSports

HOW IT HAPPENED

• Kyler McIntosh singled and scored on an Ali Lapread single for a 1-0 Hornets' lead in the first inning.
  • Jackson State tied the game in the second. Cesar Saaverda singled and scored an Omar Gomez squeeze bunt.
  • Alabama State scored four runs in the third to build a 5-1 lead in the fourth. Ian Matos hit a two-run home run followed by a Lapread RBI triple and a Cristian Lopez RBI single.
  • Corey King doubled home Ian Matos in the fourth to make the score 6-1.
  • Luis Rodriguez struck out the final two hitters to close the game in the seventh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back