Has The Eyes of Texas issue been put to bed?

I believe IF changes are going to happen, it will happen within the university specifically among the Black student-athletes. Thats all the school pays attention to. If it were just Black students [non-athletes], they wouldnt give 2 fucks about it. But let the players do anything other than 'RUN N---GER RUN' and they take notice. I don't have a problem with them speaking up and taking a stand. Quite often, they don't do chit but go along with the racist status quo at these redneck institutions.

IJS.... Still great points all around yall.

Thats not a good analogy.

Upsetting alumni is not always a bad thing, the racist stuff needs to change. I give them credit for fighting, time will tell if they are successful. They have made some progress on campus with other stuff. Fight the good fight is what I say.

Good Stuff, these types of changes are NEVER easy (some of these folks are acting "brand new" LOL).

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore

let Vince young and earl campbell offer their thoughts - ain’t gonna happen as they’re too indoctrinated

another issue is this pandemic ain’t kind to hbcu enrollment. These big PWC’s are letting African Americans walk through the door with ease now to hit quotas and Claim diversity and that’s affecting our base

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I think the alumni will start singing it.

I sincerely hope they do. :) They should be able to exercise their right to honor their traditions, legacy, and history w/out outsiders intervening attempting to change them.

I have developed a newfound respect for their band though. Goodness gracious. I couldn't see that resistance coming. Kudos to them.

- Well negro parents of non-sports students, those of sports students, and the players, what you gonna say and do now?,,, the university has call you'll s bluff.

Well, Uncle Nearest and I will probably get ran off the board for saying this, and if we do, then so be it. Now, having said that, we agree with Sarkisian. Keep your song. Keep whatever traditions you may have. Tell the recruits what you are about from jump street. And if they still choose to go there, then don't complain. You knew what they were about when you signed with them. But any way... *hic... *hic.. *hic,.

Change is hard especially if it's rooted in false teaching, hatred, mental problems, and spiritual problems. The only solution is truth teaching, love, mental therapy, and JESUS!!
They don't care about that, the only way to affect change with rednecks is to hit them in the pocketbook. If those elite athletes start playing elsewhere and they can't win, then they will do whatever it takes, but while we sit there and take their money we have no power, nobody at thse schools care when they have another joker just as good as you willing to step and fetch for them FOR THAT LIL *COUGH *COUGH STIPEND

They don't care about that, the only way to affect change with rednecks is to hit them in the pocketbook. If those elite athletes start playing elsewhere and they can't win, then they will do whatever it takes, but while we sit there and take their money we have no power, nobody at thse schools care when they have another joker just as good as you willing to step and fetch for them FOR THAT LIL *COUGH *COUGH STIPEND

See how Kylin Hill threatened to not play for MSU this past fall (which I honestly he shouldnt have done. And look what happened to him afterwards) and then the SEC and NCAA digging in on postseason bans here in MS. New flag was up and going by November lol

Back