Has it been confirmed yet? I think or Maybe Not but like it or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Re: Tell me this is not true.

lol.. I knew you would be in here once something rotten was said bout your daddy...you was the main one sitting on his lap right Casey?

:D

I knew you would be in here once something was said about JSU...:lol:

What did Murray do for the Boom? He doesn't write music and his drills were basic at best :(. Again I say congrats alcorn on your hire :happydance:

Liddell doesn't arrange music and his drills are basic, so what's your point?

Their pride doesn't allow them to realize that. JSU band declined under Liddell. Drills got sloppy, marching became non-existent and arrangements fell off big time after MaGruder left and went to Winston Salem. JSU & Alcorn have done much better jobs in selecting band directors, interim or permanent. The only thing Liddell did good for JSU was ex out the gay twirlers.

I was replying to the statement that Murray has done more for JSU in 2 years, than Liddell has done. I actually marched in the Boom in the early 90's under Liddell (I was apart of his first recruiting class and yes I choose JSU over southern:)). Honestly Liddell is not one of my favorite people, however I can't deny he is a great musical insturctor and a strict disciplinarian.

But my question to you, why is SU folks so concerned about what's going on with the JSU Band program? :crazy: Just be prepared for that azz whopping that's coming Sept 17 :D.

Last edited:

But my question to you, why is SU folks so concerned about what's going on with the JSU Band program? :crazy: Just be prepared for that azz whopping that's coming Sept 17 :D.

Exactly...Liddell has put plenty of whoopin's on SU.

They should have brought these guys back as interim band directors:

707768648_iYV2v-L-1.jpg

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Look at this utter display and Lack of professionalism/bullying. These are the things are everyone is reading from the comments of Dr. Lewis Liddell students. This is sad on all levels. When Dr. Issac Greggs left and Mr. Lawrence Jackson took over, We came together as a family. Our Tradition was passed along and there are no rifts from era to era. But you new breed of Sonic Boomers. Some of you are acting like a pack of thugs with degrees. Get a grip, Get a clue.

SU JagNation1996

http://jacksonstate.wordpress.com/2...-boom-leader-appointed-interim-band-director/

Look at this utter display and Lack of professionalism/bullying. These are the things are everyone is reading from the comments of Dr. Lewis Liddell students. This is sad on all levels. When Dr. Issac Greggs left and Mr. Lawrence Jackson took over, We came together as a family. Our Tradition was passed along and there are no rifts from era to era. But you new breed of Sonic Boomers. Some of you are acting like a pack of thugs with degrees. Get a grip, Get a clue.

SU JagNation1996

http://jacksonstate.wordpress.com/2...-boom-leader-appointed-interim-band-director/

:popcorn::fart::smoke:

Sonic Boom of the South 1996

This is the funniest one to me...

Dude spoke his mind though...

The 1992 through 1999 versions (Liddell era) of the “Sonic Boom†were the sorriest versions in of the “Sonic Boom†in JSU’s history! Taylor era bands (1984 to 1990) had precession, showmanship, Big Band sound and they marched and not walk like the bands of the Liddell era. Taylor era bands were well disciplined and respected.

Remember when the “Sonic Boom†used their instruments in a fight with the Alabama State marching band in Birmingham (Legion Field)? That was during the Liddell era and that incident tarnished the “Sonic Boom’s†legacy! Remember the hazing incidents; one was during the Liddell era. Taylor’s era was unblemished; you can’t say the same for the Liddell era bands. Liddell era bands often marched without plumes; this didn’t happen during the Taylor era.

The best version of the “Sonic Boom†were during the Davis, Haughton and Taylor eras, you can exclude the Liddell era bands,

1989 “Sonic Boomâ€: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-0HMhtPfuw&feature=player_embedded

Tiger Trail

June 12, 2011 at 7:32 am

:tup:

This exchange is funny as shyt too..

Get over it, J. “Anger Management” Grows, you didn’t play in one of the “highly renowned” versions of the “Sonic Boom”, but I applaud you and understand your pain.

Denise Tripp

June 12, 2011 at 8:49 pm
And what highly renowned band did you play in? The only highly renowned band during the Taylor era was the Motown Band!!! Liddell has many!!!!

Anonymous

June 13, 2011 at 1:02 pm
Liddell has many!!! lol!

:tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back