Harold Jackson sues

I don't think he has a case tbh... Hughes has the highest buyout clause in MS because he can NEGOTIATE. Nobody played HJ, we just protected our university and he signed a bad contract. Oh well.

Harold and/or his attorney should have read the contract before signing on the dotted line.

1. Do you actually believe that they didn't?

2. How does reading a contract tell them that the state of Ms. is discriminating against black coaches and that the flagship hbcu in the state is in collaboration with them against one of their very own?

col·lab·o·ra·tion
kəˌlabəˈrāSH(ə)n/
noun
  1. 1.
    the action of working with someone to produce or create something.
    "he wrote on art and architecture in collaboration with John Betjeman

Actually it would serve the board much better if somebody could finally potty train you so that maybe you finally stop behaving like an infant all the time.

Two decades and a half and you're still doing the same Ole tried routine. But I'm the one that need the meds.

Last edited:
It sounds like an either or situation, where Harold Jackson could have accepted the $65k buyout or alternatively, negotiate his termination pay. From the lawsuit, Harold Jackson never accepted the $65k buyout and he wasn't given the opportunity to negotiate his termination pay. Instead, JSU just issued him a check for $65k without allowing him the ability to exercise his contractual rights to negotiate his termination pay. I'm sure Carolyn Meyers was the person who authorized the disbursement of a check for $65k. In order words, if that is the case, he does have a lawsuit. The discrimination part is that the IHL Board only places the buyout clause in African American coaches contracts, whereas White coaches are paid what is remaining on their contract upon early termination, even Jay Hopkins contract at Alcorn State University. Harold Jackson might not get the $329,808.22 that was left on his contract, but I do believe he might get something significantly more than $65k. And who knows, the discrimination part might grant him the entire $329,808.22.

Just my 2-cents from reading the lawsuit. LOL!!!

It sounds like an either or situation, where Harold Jackson could have accepted the $65k buyout or alternatively, negotiate his termination pay. From the lawsuit, Harold Jackson never accepted the $65k buyout and he wasn't given the opportunity to negotiate his termination pay. Instead, JSU just issued him a check for $65k without allowing him the ability to exercise his contractual rights to negotiate his termination pay. I'm sure Carolyn Meyers was the person who authorized the disbursement of a check for $65k. In order words, if that is the case, he does have a lawsuit. The discrimination part is that the IHL Board only places the buyout clause in African American coaches contracts, whereas White coaches are paid what is remaining on their contract upon early termination, even Jay Hopkins contract at Alcorn State University. Harold Jackson might not get the $329,808.22 that was left on his contract, but I do believe he might get something significantly more than $65k. And who knows, the discrimination part might grant him the entire $329,808.22.

Harold need to sit his old azz down and stop wasting people's time with this foolishness.

I agree 100%.

If you are good coach, why not sign a 65K buyout. All you have to beat is sorry schools like AAMU, Alcorn and SU. if you can't do that, you need to be fired. Hell, you don't even need a buyout. Just pack and leave!

That dayum TP lmao

Also, if the statute of limitation doesn't run out on him, Rick Comegy might do the same once he retires from Valley.if he was not given the opportunity to negotiate his termination pay. I'm sure Harold's attorney has sent him his contact information. Also, I'm sure some attorney in Mississippi sees this as an opportunity of getting back at Carolyn Meyers for allowing her daughter's father-in-law company to receive the school's catering contract. And who knows, the attorney might work for the same catering company that didn't get the contract. Carolyn might have to payout a lot of money for the way she did business at JSU.

Last edited:
Back