GSU's New Director of Bands

Fiyah

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like they took a page out of Valley's book with the 1st Female Director of Bands.

Some big shoes legacy wise to fill at grambling. Grambling sounded very nice last season , I hope she continues their success for years to come. Very nice Grambling.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I am happy with the choice! Damn happy to be exact!!! If we have qualified alumni who are not investing in the university but also the community that speaks VOLUMES!!! I am sick of people not affiliated with GSU getting jobs only to leave in 2 to 3 years. No commitment!!! She is COMMITTED!!!

I am happy with the choice! Damn happy to be exact!!! If we have qualified alumni who are not investing in the university but also the community that speaks VOLUMES!!! I am sick of people not affiliated with GSU getting jobs only to leave in 2 to 3 years. No commitment!!! She is COMMITTED!!!

I agree with the third sentence on. I hope and “pray” she does well.

i have to admit that it'll be strange to see a woman SWAC director ... hopefully she knocks it out the park

We had a woman assistant in high school who was a head band director at an inner city school where they hated to see her go. She commanded much respect. Just gotta take charge and don’t bend and play favorites.

Plus she gotta take a kill shot early at another band and they’ll come around.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Ms. Sanders is the best, she was a great fit for Alcorn and did great things with the band while there. We miss her done at the Corn!!!!!!

Why all the hoopla about female Band Directors? Alcorn in it's prime had a female Band Director name Stephanie Sanders during it big down on the reservation over twenty years ago! She's currently a Band Director at Norfolk State. Ms. Sanders is a very talented musician and Band Director.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npb6NRnI28U

Last edited:
Why all the hoopla about female Band Directors? Alcorn in it's prime had a female Band Director name Stephanie Sanders during it big down on the reservation over twenty years ago! She's currently a Band Director at Norfolk State. Ms. Sanders is a very talented musician and Band Director.

View attachment 7299
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npb6NRnI28U

Where is the hoopla? I don’t see any. Yes, it’s a cover story because it has never happened before at GSU, but it hasn’t seemed to be nothing more than that just yet.

Let's not generalize all HBCU's for Grambling's sake. This isn't about ALL HBCU's, this is about Grambling's hire.

True....it's just frustrating to me to see how people hate a hire so much that they want the president terminated or even willing to say there is fiscal fraud going on. Not realizing that these comments hurt the university across the board.

True....it's just frustrating to me to see how people hate a hire so much that they want the president terminated or even willing to say there is fiscal fraud going on. Not realizing that these comments hurt the university across the board.
Now that's crazy

Back