GSU vs AAMU

ZNSPR8502

Meet, act & depart...
Well, Well.. GSU...

It started out very unimpressive.. Lady-Commodores? And pretty choppy on top of that. Then, to see you now, presenting your version of "The Box". It was fine. If you going to do it against PV, it needs to be more entertaining. That will work against bands without that type of presentation.

The Oh Baby Baby was a nice touch for Shreveport. I think the crowd enjoyed it. It reminded me of the times SU use to carry tunes like Down Home Blues.

Dance Routine was nice. I"m not much for these 4 plus song dance routines, but yours didn't seem like they were too short. The crowd was able to recognize the songs, react to them and you did some simple steps that got you a little house.

Happy Birthday... OK, that was cute to tribute your director with that and the cake.

It's not often I can enjoy a GSU halftime and I think you did it this time. :)

I hope to see you against the Storm in Dallas in a few weeks.

PEACE!!!

Originally posted by ZNSPR8502
Well, Well.. GSU...

It started out very unimpressive.. Lady-Commodores? And pretty choppy on top of that. Then, to see you now, presenting your version of "The Box". It was fine. If you going to do it against PV, it needs to be more entertaining. That will work against bands without that type of presentation.

The Oh Baby Baby was a nice touch for Shreveport. I think the crowd enjoyed it. It reminded me of the times SU use to carry tunes like Down Home Blues.

Dance Routine was nice. I"m not much for these 4 plus song dance routines, but yours didn't seem like they were too short. The crowd was able to recognize the songs, react to them and you did some simple steps that got you a little house.

Happy Birthday... OK, that was cute to tribute your director with that and the cake.

PEACE!!!

The drumline feature was done because it was on TV and we/gsu didn't have an opposing band. Don't expect it again, unless GSU is the lone band on TV. It was the Band Directors birthday in his hometown of Shreveport.

what does it take to get AAMU to come to a visiting game?? i remember when they were fresh meat they claimed they were going on every trip. well tell your band director if its money we can help yall out.

Originally posted by Bandmaniac
what does it take to get AAMU to come to a visiting game?? i remember when they were fresh meat they claimed they were going on every trip. well tell your band director if its money we can help yall out.
smh@ignorant posters?????

AAMU goes to every away game EXCEPT Texas Schools and Grambling.... You have PV beside your name so enough said...

Well, Well.. GSU...

PEACE!!!

Thank you for those nice comments. Ay as you can see we are turning around slowly but it is happening.

Originally posted by DAHILL

AAMU goes to every away game EXCEPT Texas Schools and Grambling.... You have PV beside your name so enough said...

What's funny is that this isn't the first time this has been talked about. They don't understand the "if yall don't come to us, we don't come to you" rule.

Let me explain this again. When AAMU first joined the SWAC, GSU did not go to Normal. This is the reason why AAMU has not returned a trip because there isn't a trip to be returned.

i just asked a question. you should not take things so seriously. so back to the present band members can someone ask your band director what would it take to get you all to come to PV? and let him know that the spokesman for AAMU is over here answering questions that do not pretain to them. so tell mr. wesley that a promoter is picking up the game and they asked about you guys. if you want the number private message me.

Originally posted by roadblock-2-spr97
What's funny is that this isn't the first time this has been talked about. They don't understand the "if yall don't come to us, we don't come to you" rule.

Let me explain this again. When AAMU first joined the SWAC, GSU did not go to Normal. This is the reason why AAMU has not returned a trip because there isn't a trip to be returned.

well i remember when AAMU joined the SWAC and told us that they traveled to every game. they said it not me. they have some really nice fans and i was just trying to help a fellow school out.

Originally posted by Bandmaniac
well i remember when AAMU joined the SWAC and told us that they traveled to every game. they said it not me. they have some really nice fans and i was just trying to help a fellow school out.

To keep it short and simple, if your band has not traveled to them, do not expect them to come to you.

To keep it short and simple, if your band has not traveled to them, do not expect them to come to you.
this is so true, i feel like it shouldn't have to be like that

Like I've always said, this is the most stupid thing that could ever be done. Why do schools have to travel to you first before you decide to go to them. If every school took this advice, no one would ever travel because everyone would be waiting for the other school to step up first.

Originally posted by Fiyah
Like I've always said, this is the most stupid thing that could ever be done. Why do schools have to travel to you first before you decide to go to them. If every school took this advice, no one would ever travel because everyone would be waiting for the other school to step up first.

okay so using this theory we won't be going to the BAMA STATE (95 & 99) game. we owe alcorn (00) a trip. and jackson (86) and valley(94) owe us a trip. okay i will start working on something else than..

Great Game, GSU entertain from start to finish, Grambling's B-tone section is off the chain, JSU and SU watch your back.

Originally posted by Fiyah

it is deeper than what roadblock said concerning GSU... it was an article in the Huntsville Time where GSU's president and band director were basically dogging AAMU... asking for a HIGH number of dollars to bring GSU's band to Huntsville... Then AD Martin asked for the same amount of money to bring AAMU to GSU the following year and they basically "laughed" at him, talking about how GSU is a big name and everybody wants to see them and they would make AAMU's attendence go up and the MMW couldnt do anything for GSU... Keep in mind this was printed in the Huntsville Times the day or two before the GSU game.... This angered MANY people in Huntsville and at AAMU, so I doubt you will ever see AAMU at GSU. So basically AAMU told GSU to keep your "world famed" ass in Grambling and we still stay in Huntsville. So if any GSU folks have a problem with AAMU not traveling to La. then take it up with your band director and smart mouth ass president.

So that's it !!!

it is deeper than what roadblock said concerning GSU... it was an article in the Huntsville Time where GSU's president and band director were basically dogging AAMU... asking for a HIGH number of dollars to bring GSU's band to Huntsville... Then AD Martin asked for the same amount of money to bring AAMU to GSU the following year and they basically "laughed" at him, talking about how GSU is a big name and everybody wants to see them and they would make AAMU's attendence go up and the MMW couldnt do anything for GSU... Keep in mind this was printed in the Huntsville Times the day or two before the GSU game.... This angered MANY people in Huntsville and at AAMU, so I doubt you will ever see AAMU at GSU. So basically AAMU told GSU to keep your "world famed" ass in Grambling and we still stay in Huntsville. So if any GSU folks have a problem with AAMU not traveling to La. then take it up with your band director and smart mouth ass president.
I knew it was more to it that this return trip rule. :shame:

PEACE!!!
I've said it all summer long but, I wasn't taken seriously. A compliment coming from a Southernite,......That's like I'm smoking :cool: It is appreciated. I will say it again,.... only an idiot would lable Grambling a slaw band. They are not.
To PsychoJag and the rest of you Southernites,....get in shape because the day I come down there for the BOTBs,.....will be a day of nothing but absolute tactical engaging business!!!!

I just recently found out the "meat" of the reason we didn't come cause they don't tell band members anything but "yes we going or no we ain't going or what time to be here or there. I was looking foward to going to AAMU that year being that you all were new to the SWAC and we could finally see a different band for a change.

BTW, that president is no longer president at GSU and on behalf of the 1998 edition of the GSU World Famed Tiger Marching Band, I would like to apologize for the band director. I wish this would have came out in Grambling cause someone would have had hell to deal with.

.....Grambling

I viewed the show on MBC Saturday and I must say that I enjoyed your show. That was a pretty good show. Me & Yvette was watching the show and I was telling her that show could wax some bands out there. It was quite entertaining; my only critique would be to clean the sound up a lil bit.

"Snake"

I'm sure you have the article and will post it right.

Let me look!

I think I may still have the actual newspaper. I am a newspaper pack rat! So, I may still have it in one of my boxes. If I have it, I'll scan it and post it on the board.

That article did piss people of in Huntsville.....

Anyway, I was at the game. GSU sounds alot better. You have a few problems with your trumpets, but that can be solved through pedal tone excercises. The stamina was lacking for you to be the only band there. If AAMU was across from you your trumpets probably would've totally fell apart.

Strengthen your lips. The B-tones and trombones are str8. Sousaphones had a fanfare and it sounded like...:vomit: Whoever that was that was playing something opposite of the other sousaphones needs to cut that isht out!

Trumpet soloist...... Dude, if you had marched in our band under anyone from '90 and back. You would've got your arse kicked for misrepresenting the true sound of a trumpet. I guess you was nervous, but you can't come out in front of a band cracking notes and doing elementary runs. Please don't do that at the BC unless you have cleaned it up and got some of that nervousness out of your system.

Overall: GSU is much improved. I guess Drumline helped you guys in recruitment, because this was the largest I've seen that band in years! Don't sleep on GSU. They look to be on the come up!

Re: Let me look!

Originally posted by Mike
I think I may still have the actual newspaper. I am a newspaper pack rat! So, I may still have it in one of my boxes. If I have it, I'll scan it and post it on the board.

That article did piss people of in Huntsville.....

Anyway, I was at the game. GSU sounds alot better. You have a few problems with your trumpets, but that can be solved through pedal tone excercises. The stamina was lacking for you to be the only band there. If AAMU was across from you your trumpets probably would've totally fell apart.

Strengthen your lips. The B-tones and trombones are str8. Sousaphones had a fanfare and it sounded like...:vomit: Whoever that was that was playing something opposite of the other sousaphones needs to cut that isht out!

Trumpet soloist...... Dude, if you had marched in our band under anyone from '90 and back. You would've got your arse kicked for misrepresenting the true sound of a trumpet. I guess you was nervous, but you can't come out in front of a band cracking notes and doing elementary runs. Please don't do that at the BC unless you have cleaned it up and got some of that nervousness out of your system.

Overall: GSU is much improved. I guess Drumline helped you guys in recruitment, because this was the largest I've seen that band in years! Don't sleep on GSU. They look to be on the come up!
Ay bra thanks for the comments. I guess there are mature people out there after all.

Back