Grambling vs. Alcorn State: Game Updates

Grambling recovers the onside kick!!

Some late drama!!

Did you all just hear that PVU-Texas Southern score?!?!

GSU scores again!! Late drama is starting to unfold!!

Alcorn 34
GSU 23 (pending PAT)

2 point conversion is no good.

Alcorn 34
GSU 23

Looks like we will escape out of Grambling with this one. It was a blowout but the defense started showing it's inexperience.

Well, this one is over. The broadcast cut out (again) with 13 seconds left in the game.

Alcorn 34
GSU 23

jukebox89 said:
Did Bruce come back into the game?

Nope, Bruce didn't come back after he got hurt. Our announcers said they put some tape on his leg and started shaking their heads as to say, "He can't come back."

What cant Bruce handle? The guy git hurt. And you don't bench record setting QB's because of some hot shot, unproven freshman.....I hate the sports radio mentality.

Maybe Brugene aint ready for the next level. Maybe he was just overly hyped last year like they said about Michael Vick. ~shrug shoulders~

Blacknbengal said:
Maybe Brugene aint ready for the next level. Maybe he was just overly hyped last year like they said about Michael Vick. ~shrug shoulders~

Beans, if I thought you had a clue what you wer talking about, I would respond. But as usual.....

Suge said:
Beans, if I thought you had a clue what you wer talking about, I would respond. But as usual.....
Suge, if I thought Brugene's weight was the problem, then I would have responded to that too, but......

Oh well, never mind. You all will see in due time.

GOOD GAME BRAVES! :tup:

I was at the game, just getting back.

Grambling.

1. Looking at the game, this is NOT the same grambling that Alcorn usually plays. QB/Receiver connection was off bad.
2. Grambling running game has improve dramatically.
3. Bruce Eugene had a lower calf injury or an ankle injury. I know he was hit in the lower leg. He was taken out of the game through ambulance.
4. Grambling came back after 27-3 when GSU/Alcorn first stream went out. Grambling 2nd stream is better than Alcorn, I hate to admit.
5. There were alot of calls that were missed. On both teams. Like when a grambling coach pushed an Alcorn player.

Alcorn

1. D-Line needs experience, Eugene was running all over the field.
2. Linebackers need to start wrapping up on tackles. Eugene avoided almost 10 sacks by sloppy tackling.
3. Alcorn torched Grambling on 10 and 15 yard passes through the middle.
4. Alcorn could not be stopped on lateral passes left or right.
5. Backup QB is good, not as good as Grambling backup. But better than the average QB.

Conclusion

Grambling
Offense
If the QB/Reciever connection gets together. Back to dominence they go. Grambling was buring us up in the secondary, but Eugene was overthrowing receivers bad.
Defense
Not as good stopping the run as last year. But DBs are not getting burnt like last year. They just need someone to guard the middle of the field.

Alcorn
Offense
Hard to stop balance offence, I don't see anyone stopping it this season.
Defense
The score at 3rd quarter made the defense look good, but that was because of Grambling misques. D-Line didn't actually start stopping the run until the 3rd quarter. DBs need better coverages, if grambling caught those balls, that game would have been alot different.

Back