Grambling State Interim Head Coach Suspected of Falsifying Application

:smh:

And this was a news release sent out by Gram's SID??????

Looks like the ole (new) prez has already made up his mind that Spears doesnt have the degree.

I hope spears is able to pull this one out. Looks like someone went digging for dirt and found it.

You mean to tell me that there are more problems in the sports department of the Icon Grambling?
suprise.gif

I don't want to condem Coach Spears just yet, but it seems as though he's lying on all fronts.

Sometimes we make things more difficult than what they should be, because if he was really working on this 6 months ago, why not say it then? Schit, Doug was still the coach roughly 6 months ago, so bring it out then, get it out in the open, and this whole embarassing situation would'nt be here.

I know if it seems like a lie to me, I'm sure it does to Dr. Judson, and that's probably why he only gave him a week to prove himself. The man probably felt like Spears is insulting his intelligence, by giving him a BS story like that.

If he can't prove himself, ICON Gram better hope that can achieve the same kind of success that ASU did last year under Coe, though the circumstances will certainly be different, going through 2 coaches in one off season, seeing that both guys are loved by their players.

Is there anyone on Gram's staff, that's qualified to be an interim coach, if Spears can't clear his name?

Man, I didn't know Gram hired Arnold Schrawzennegar as the President, because this guy is The Terminator.

NICE

I don't think you can give the president credit for this one. He is just responding to what was put in his lap. I don't think he was prepared are ready to fire Coach Spears. It appears that some alumni had an agenda, and went digging for some dirt, and may have found something. I hate that it has truly come to this.

But if his resume is wrong, and he indeed does not have a masters degree from UNA, there will be no choice but to terminate his contract. But if the information is wrong, then you have to blame Spears. When O'Leary was fired from ND, every coach in the US went to his resume and corrected any and all "exagerations". And no one said anything........

Its better to get this out in the open now, even before the season. Grambling has enough talent to still be pretty good even if they have to bring in a new guy.

This is not a problem. All he has to do is take the degree off the wall or out of his closet and give it to prez. If not go to Teach LA and he can get a copy from the LA Dept of Education web site.
GU is above this type of hocus pocus, or will we have another Alabama State situation?

It's time to get ready for some football. :wavey:

thegooddoctor said:
This is not a problem. All he has to do is take the degree off the wall or out of his closet and give it to prez. If not go to Teach LA and he can get a copy from the LA Dept of Education web site.
GU is above this type of hocus pocus, or will we have another Alabama State situation?
:rolleyes:

Or he can always go to SU and buy him a masters degree!

All of this really could have been handled in house. Dr. Judson could have held a closed door meeting with Spears once all facts were factual. If it turned out that Spears lied then asked to man to resign at the end of the season. Less embarrasment for Spears and the University. This is the sort of thing that will trash an entire season.

TRU2GSU said:
All of this really could have been handled in house. Dr. Judson could have held a closed door meeting with Spears once all facts were factual. If it turned out that Spears lied then asked to man to resign at the end of the season. Less embarrasment for Spears and the University. This is the sort of thing that will trash an entire season.
If this started from an internal source then that may have been possible. But, like Suge said, when people have an agenda, they will make sure it gets out there. Spears knows if his stuff is legit or not. He also knows the result if this situation falls on either end of the spectrum.

Tru, you can't be serious bruh? You're willing to put the integrity of your school on the line, for a successful football season. Don't you know nothing ever stays in house, and if Judson knew about it, it's his job to act on it, or guess what? He's out of job. Because sooner, or later it would've came out that he knew, and allowed this man to keep his job. Speaks poorly of a school president that's trying to change a school that's trying to right it's wrong, and stay the course.

When it was discovered that he lied, it's past being kept in house. Spears embarassed himself by not taking care of this 5 years ago when he was hired. Don't fault Dr. Judson, or the UL board for HIS lie. Regardless of the agenda of some, it still comes down to him, and maybe even Doug.

Before some GSU faithful jump up, and say how Doug, let me explain. It was Doug that hired him, and there's no way I can believe that Doug didn't know of this, seeing that Spears is his 1st cousin. It's not like Spears was an acquantainence (sp), or an associate, or even came recommended. This is his family, a close cousin at that. So at some point, mainly after the O'Leary thing at Notre Dame, this schit should've been taken care of.

NICE

Question:

Was this on his original GSU application to be an assistant or on his application to be head coach (if there was one)?

D-NICE said:
Tru, you can't be serious bruh? You're willing to put the integrity of your school on the line, for a successful football season. Don't you know nothing ever stays in house, and if Judson knew about it, it's his job to act on it, or guess what? He's out of job. Because sooner, or later it would've came out that he knew, and allowed this man to keep his job. Speaks poorly of a school president that's trying to change a school that's trying to right it's wrong, and stay the course.

When it was discovered that he lied, it's past being kept in house. Spears embarassed himself by not taking care of this 5 years ago when he was hired. Don't fault Dr. Judson, or the UL board for HIS lie. Regardless of the agenda of some, it still comes down to him, and maybe even Doug.

Before some GSU faithful jump up, and say how Doug, let me explain. It was Doug that hired him, and there's no way I can believe that Doug didn't know of this, seeing that Spears is his 1st cousin. It's not like Spears was an acquantainence (sp), or an associate, or even came recommended. This is his family, a close cousin at that. So at some point, mainly after the O'Leary thing at Notre Dame, this schit should've been taken care of.

NICE
Nope dude that is not it at all. The reason I said it should have been kept in house is because WE/GRAM have had a number of black eyes of the years which has DANG near caused us to close our doors. Our enrollment dropped for several reason and we are starting to rebound from that, but what do you think this negative press will do? I personally get tired of getting emails from co-worker asking me "what is happening at Gram now" So this is not about a football season because Gram will have a football season next year and the year after that. This is about the overall perception of Gram. I get so sick of tired of the Shreveport times blasting Gram everytime something negative happens at Gram. Where was the front page story when Gram broke ground on the new arena? For me it is about the overall perception. If all the media reports is negativity then what perception is the average person going to have when they see the name Grambling?? We don't want the Grambling brand associated with negativity. There is way to overhaul things without blasting it to the media. As far as Doug and Spears being cousins. Almost everybody employeed at Gram is based on a family hookup.

TRU2GSU said:
Nope dude that is not it at all. The reason I said it should have been kept in house is because WE/GRAM have had a number of black eyes of the years which has DANG near caused us to close our doors. Our enrollment dropped for several reason and we are starting to rebound from that, but what do you think this negative press will do? I personally get tired of getting emails from co-worker asking me "what is happening at Gram now" So this is not about a football season because Gram will have a football season next year and the year after that. This is about the overall perception of Gram. I get so sick of tired of the Shreveport times blasting Gram everytime something negative happens at Gram. Where was the front page story when Gram broke ground on the new arena? For me it is about the overall perception. If all the media reports is negativity then what perception is the average person going to have when they see the name Grambling?? We don't want the Grambling brand associated with negativity. There is way to overhaul things without blasting it to the media. As far as Doug and Spears being cousins. Almost everybody employeed at Gram is based on a family hookup.

So now it's the media fault that they reported that he didnt get his masters degree? The media hardly ever report anything positive dealing with sports, HBCUs, and black people in general. So why start now?

Blacknbengal said:
So now it's the media fault that they reported that he didnt get his masters degree? The media hardly ever report anything positive dealing with sports, HBCUs, and black people in general. So why start now?
I see you know how to read but your understanding is way off. You show me where I said it is the media fault!

Back